Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed replacement, challenge one!!!! Post 302182648 by chella on Monday 7th of April 2008 07:59:00 AM
Old 04-07-2008
Hi,

How about the below one,

Code:
sed 's/TT/#T#T/g;s/BB/#B#B/g;/#/!s/TB.*TB/T/g;/#/!s/TB/T/g;s/#//g' inp.txt

does it help?

Regards,
Chella

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacement using sed

Hi I have the following file that i need to run a sed command on 1<tab>running 2<tab>running 3<tab>running 4<tab>running I want to be able to replace a line i.e the second one with '2<tab>failed'. As the first number is unique that can be used to search for the relevant line (using ^2 i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A challenge for you sed/awk wizards...

Here's a challenge for you wizards... I have a file formatted as follows; $ What I need to output is; 87654321 Bobby One 12345678 Bobby One 09876543 Bobby One 1107338 Bobby! Two Any Ideas how I can do this? I've tried sed but I'm not sure if perl might be a better way to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: th3g0bl1n
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Replacement for sed

Hi Can anyone provide me the replacement of sed with xargs perl syntax for the below sed -e :a -e '/;$/!N;s/\n//; ta' -e 's/;$//' This should be without looping has to take minimal time for search (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbsurf
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed xml challenge

I have a web xml file that looks like this: <allinfo> <info> <a>Name1<\a> <b>address1<\b> <c>phone1<c> <\info> <info> <a>Name2<\a> <b>address2<\b> <c>phone2<c> <\info> <\allinfo> I want to use sed to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: katrvu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed replacement

This seems like it should be an easy problem, but I'm a noob and I can't figure it out. I'm trying to use sed, but would be happy to use anything that does the job. I am trying to trim off a fixed number of unknown characters from 2 different : delimited fields while keeping the intervening... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: helix_w
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacement with sed

I am trying to replace the line which has string "tablespace" not case senstive.... with below simple script: mysrcipt.sh sed "s/.*/TABLESPACE USERS/g" create_table > tmp mv tmp create_table Is there any better way to do it? If Search string tooooooo long it will be tough to code in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganeshd
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED replacement

Hi, i have a file with lines, file.txt ------- test is fun testing is better I need to replace 'test' to 'develop' and i used, a=test b=develop sed "s,$a,$b,g" -------- but i see the word 'testing' is also replaced. Need some solution. Is there any way i could replace only 'test' ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED replacement of placeholders

Hi All, I am facing a problem while using SED in Linux. I have a property file which contains a string local.mds.dir=${basedir}/deployCompositesIt has be to replaced with another string, and value of that string should be initialized at runtime. So I use placeholder there. My substituted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interesting awk/Perl/sed parsing challenge

I have a log with entries like: out/target/product/imx53_smd/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libwebcore_intermediates/Source/WebCore/bindings/V8HTMLVideoElement.cpp : target thumb C++: libwebcore <=... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed replacement inplace

I need to make permanent changes in the file after find and replace using sed. for this i am using sed -i However this is not working. says sed: illegal option -- i I am working on Sun Solaris uname -a SunOS aspsun14 5.10 Generic_150400-13 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise any other work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotamp
3 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)