Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell scripts to grep dn in ldif file Post 302182622 by bulkbiz on Monday 7th of April 2008 06:04:35 AM
Old 04-07-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer_cherry
Code:
nawk 'BEGIN{FS="\n";RS=""}
{
if(index($3,"Regards")!=0)
print $0
}' filename

Thank you very much, may I know what is FS and RS? Sorry I am really a newbie.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Text File into XML using Unix Shell Scripts

Hi everyone, If someone out there could help me out with this problem. I would really appreciate it. I am trying to convert a file into xml format using Unix shell scripts. The file has fields with each field having a certain number of bytes, but the fields are not delimited by anything... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laud12345
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz Help To convert xml file to text file using bourn shell scripts

If someone out there could help me out with this problem. I would really appreciate it. I am trying to convert xml into text file(fixed length) using Unix Borne shell scripts. My xml file: <root> <header_rec recordtype="00"> <record_id>00</record_id> <country_code>AK></country_code>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram2s2001
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a simple file based utilty for shell scripts

Hello, I'm wondering if you may know of a simple file based UNIX utility that can be used to store and retrieve values on a flat file, let's say i have a file called "kru", i'd like to be able to specify a request like: while(....) if ; then kru.fld2 = $rec_cnt kru.fld3 =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP is using shell scripts create ? for file

ftp -n -v <<EOF verbose open 3.57.40.79 user infodvlp pr0gram ascii lcd /home/a501420038/GLA/Success_Load/ cd /ftp/SrcFiles/csg/InstruAsia/ get AU_Success_Log.txt close quit EOF Please help on this, this gives the out put "AU_Success_Log.txt?" As question mark in the last what will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: a501420038
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to separate numbers and words from a file using shell scripts

Hi, How to separate numbers and words(with full alphabets) in a particular file and store it in two different files. Please help me out for this.Using shell scripting. :confused::confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamakshi s
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use of grep with multiple parameters in shell scripts

I am learning how to write shell scripts and have come across an issue. I'm trying to write a script that looks for a directory called public_html, and if it finds one, to print the number of lines that contain applet tags (containing '<applet') in all files that end in either .html or .htm that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: feverdream
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell or perl script needed for ldif file to text file conversion

This is the ldf file dn: sdcsmsisdn=1000000049,sdcsDatabase=subscriberCache,dc=example,dc=com objectClass: sdcsSubscriber objectClass: top postalCode: 29600 sdcsServiceLevel: 10 sdcsCustomerType: 14 givenName: Adelia sdcsBlackListAll: FALSE sdcsOwnerType: T-Mobile sn: Actionteam... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LinuxFriend
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripts (Renaming file names with sequential numbers)

Hi there, Firstly, I have no experience with shell scripts so would really appreciate some help. I have the following shell script that is causing some problems: moveit() { && set -x if then DOUBLE_DELIVERY=$(grep... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thebeno
6 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

creating an executable file from shell scripts

Hi Friends, I have a shell script which does some operations etc, would it be possible to create an executable file out from this shell script? meaning the executable file is not editable, thus the source code will not be visible to other users for copyright reasons. Please help, thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kokoro
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Having a single Log file for all the shell scripts

Bash on RHEL 6.2 We have multiple shell scripts executed by cron jobs. Each Shell script has its own log files currently. Most of them have logs generated using spool command from Oracle RDBMS's sqlplus commmand. Sample: #!/bin/bash sqlplus -s scott/tiger << EOF spool... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)