Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to Output result to a non-delimitted file Post 302182595 by cosec on Monday 7th of April 2008 04:34:30 AM
Old 04-07-2008
Need to Output result to a non-delimitted file

Hello I need to run an sql script and then the output result to be in non-delimitted file

What is the execution command to obtain this.

For eg: the following outputs the result to a space delimitted file
db2batch -d ${EC_DB2_DBNAME} -f ${TMP_SCRIPT_NAME} -a ${CURR_DB_ID}/${CURR_DB_PWD} -r ${OUTPUT_FILE_DIR}/${OUTPUT_FILE_NAME}.${OUTPUT_FILE_EXT} >> ${LOG_FILE}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

any possible to run sql result and output to file

Hi, I search all post...and no soluation about..if i would like to run a sql statement and output the result to txt file. for example, i usually run "sql" to logon the database and run select statement. Then I need to copy the output into the result.txt. Can I run the script to do this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delimitted file to fixed length file

Hi, Iam new to unix. I have a variable length file seperated by delmitter "~", I need to change it to fixed length file including space instead of delimitter. To be clear..... Input file: Row-id name 123~name1 124~name2 125~name3 The above input file is a variable length file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manneni prakash
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read multiple log files and create output file and put the result

OS : Linux 2.6.9-67 - Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 Looking for a script that reads the following log files that gets generated everynight between 2 - 5am Master_App_20090717.log Master_App1_20090717.log Master_App2_20090717.log Master_App3_20090717.log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aavam
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Way to save output result of a program into another new file...

Does anybody know any alternative way to save output result of a program into another new file? I got try the command below: program_used input_file > new_output_file program_used input_file >> new_output_file Unfortunately, both the ">" and ">>" is not work at this case to save the output... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Output the SQL Query result to a File

Hello Guys, This message is somewhat relates with last thread. But I need to re-write thing. I start over a little. I am stuck now and need your help. Here is my script- #! /bin/ksh export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/9.2 /opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/9.2/bin/sqlplus -s... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write result to output file

Good morning everybody, Beeing an absolute newbie in shell scripting I would like to look for some help here. I would like to read an external text file and format the data and write it to an output file. What I was trying to do was to display the result (this worked). But now I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluejean1976
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to output thre result to a text file?

Dear All I have a script file like the following: ..... ..... Variable_1 = 888 Variable_2 = 999 ..... MyExternalProgram Myfile ..... The line MyExternalProgram Myfile will generate some number, Say 777 Now I hope I can output the result of above codes to a text file,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlewenwen
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output block of lines in a file based on grep result

Hi I would appreciate your help with this. I have a output file from a command. It is broken based on initial of the users. Exmaple of iitials MN & SS. Under each section there is information pertaining to the user however each section can have different number of lines. MY challenge is to ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list files names and sizes in a directory and output result to the file?

Hi , I'm trying to list the files and output is written to a file. But when I execute the command , the output file is being listed. How to exclude it ? /tmp file1.txt file2.txt ls -ltr |grep -v '-' | awk print {$9, $5} > output.txt cat output.txt file1.txt file2.txt output.txt (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: etldeveloper
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep output to file result not as expected

Hi Gurus, I run command grep ABC file1 > file2 against below file. I got all ABC_xxx in one line in file2. I expect to get multiple lines in file2. If I print result in screen, the result is expected. thanks in advance My os is SunOS 5.10 Generic_150400-64 sun4v sparc sun4v ABC_123 XXXXX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: green_k
2 Replies
DB2_FETCH_BOTH(3)							 1							 DB2_FETCH_BOTH(3)

db2_fetch_both - Returns an array, indexed by both column name and position, representing a row in a result set

SYNOPSIS
array db2_fetch_both (resource $stmt, [int $row_number = -1]) DESCRIPTION
Returns an array, indexed by both column name and position, representing a row in a result set. Note that the row returned by db2_fetch_both(3) requires more memory than the single-indexed arrays returned by db2_fetch_assoc(3) or db2_fetch_array(3). PARAMETERS
o $stmt - A valid stmt resource containing a result set. o $row_number - Requests a specific 1-indexed row from the result set. Passing this parameter results in a PHP warning if the result set uses a forward-only cursor. RETURN VALUES
Returns an associative array with column values indexed by both the column name and 0-indexed column number. The array represents the next or requested row in the result set. Returns FALSE if there are no rows left in the result set, or if the row requested by $row_number does not exist in the result set. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Iterating through a forward-only cursor If you call db2_fetch_both(3) without a specific row number, it automatically retrieves the next row in the result set. The follow- ing example accesses columns in the returned array by both column name and by numeric index. <?php $sql = "SELECT id, name, breed, weight FROM animals ORDER BY breed"; $stmt = db2_prepare($conn, $sql); $result = db2_execute($stmt); while ($row = db2_fetch_both($stmt)) { printf ("%-5d %-16s %-32s %10s ", $row['ID'], $row[0], $row['BREED'], $row[3]); } ?> The above example will output: 0 Pook cat 3.20 5 Rickety Ride goat 9.70 2 Smarty horse 350.00 Example #2 Retrieving specific rows with db2_fetch_both(3) from a scrollable cursor If your result set uses a scrollable cursor, you can call db2_fetch_both(3) with a specific row number. The following example retrieves every other row in the result set, starting with the second row. <?php $sql = "SELECT id, name, breed, weight FROM animals ORDER BY breed"; $result = db2_exec($stmt, $sql, array('cursor' => DB2_SCROLLABLE)); $i=2; while ($row = db2_fetch_both($result, $i)) { printf ("%-5d %-16s %-32s %10s ", $row[0], $row['NAME'], $row[2], $row['WEIGHT']); $i = $i + 2; } ?> The above example will output: 0 Pook cat 3.20 5 Rickety Ride goat 9.70 2 Smarty horse 350.00 SEE ALSO
db2_fetch_array(3), db2_fetch_assoc(3), db2_fetch_object(3), db2_fetch_row(3), db2_result(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_FETCH_BOTH(3)