Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: command line args 2
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers command line args 2 Post 302182489 by skooly5 on Sunday 6th of April 2008 07:54:50 PM
Old 04-06-2008
command line args 2

I have this while loop and at the end I am trying to get it to tell me the last argument I entered. And with it like this all I get is the sentence with no value for $1. Now I tried moving done after the sentence and it printed the value of $1 after every number. I don't want that I just want the last argument entered.

while [ $# -gt 0 ]
do
echo "$#"
shift
sleep 1s
done

echo The last command line argument you entered is $1.

can anyone help?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

required command line args

Hello, How do I make a command line argument required using getopts? Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoi2hot4ya
6 Replies

2. Programming

Command line args

My program usage takes the form for example; $ theApp 2 "one or more words" i.e. 3 command line arguments; application name, an integer, some text My code includes the following 4 lines: int anInteger; char words; sscanf(argv, "%d", &anInteger); sscanf(argv, "%s", &message); Based... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: enuenu
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command line args

I am trying to print command line arguments one per second. I have this while do echo "6" shift echo "5" shift echo "4" shift echo "3" shift echo "2" shift echo "1" shift done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skooly5
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve command line args one by on.

Hi, I have to store all the command line arguments into an array. I have the following code. ********************** #! /bin/sh set -A arr_no_updates i=1 while do arr_no_updates=$($i) echo ${arr_no_updates} i=$(($i+1)) done**************** (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a function all command line args?

I have this code, I thought it would automatically know the args sent to script when called from shell. But it seems to not see any... main script: . args . errors . opt . clean dbfile="" opfile="" # calls function in script below chkarg #check commands (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gcampton
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with KSH script: command line args

Hi I am executing a KSH script by passing command line arguments example: Red Green Dark Red Blue when I am splitting the arguments by using " "(Space) as delimiter But the colour Dark Red is a single parameter. But it is getting splitted in between How to avoid this. Please help Also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanth424
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

command line args in unix

Hi, i have a perl script named test.pl. It is executed as cat *.log|test.pl i need the complete command line args. I tried using basename $0 but im getting test.pl only but not cat *.log... Can anyone help me on this. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: niteesh_!7
3 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Cut | command line args

Hi, Can you please hint me how to achieve the below? Input: $./script.sh start 1 2 Internally inside the script i want to set a single variable with $2 and $3 value? Output: CMD=$1 ARGS=$2 $3 --VInodh (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino_hymi
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Command Line Args in a Single Variable?

Hello All, I have a Bash Script and an Expect script that together will SSH to another server and do some stuff there... From within the Bash Script I process the Command Line Arguments, which are Required Args and Optional Args. When I call the Expect script from the Bash Script, I pass... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getopts how to handle missing '-' in command line args.

I'm using getopts to process command line args in a Bash script. The code looks like this: while getopts ":cfmvhs:t:" option; do case $option in c) operationMode="CHECK" ;; f) operationMode="FAST" ;; m) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gencon
6 Replies
seesat5(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   seesat5(1)

NAME
seesat5 - provides satellite visibility information. SYNOPSIS
seesat5 [ report ] [ go <Label> ] | [ <command> ... ] DESCRIPTION
This program uses the sgp4 algorithm provided by NORAD to produce position information on a satellite. Seesat5 can produce tracking infor- mation for one satellite over a period of several days, or for a collection of satellites over that period. By providing filter conditions seesat5 prints out only those satellites you might have a chance to see rather than all the satellites that pass above the horizon. Seesat5 is typically run by placing control commands into an init file called SEESAT5.INI. See seesat5 (7) for the description of these commands. If there is no init file Seesat5 will present the operator with a '>' prompt where commands can be entered. From the prompt seesat5 will begin analysis when sufficient parameters have been entered to begin the run. Seesat5 uses selection conditions to filter the data so that only high and bright satellites are printed. Note that the selection condi- tions are used to select whether or not the current passes data will be printed. If it is printed, then the complete pass data is printed. ie. all data from when the satellite comes over the horizon until it goes below. For lines that satisfied ALL the selection conditions, a "+" sign is printed as the first character. Options report This option will disable printing of report records in the output of the run. These include all command lines found in SEESAT5.INI or entered from the command line or the prompt. go Followed by a label, this option causes branching within the SEESAT5.INI to begin execution at the line following label. Branching occurs when the cmdline command is executed in the SEESAT5.INI file. command Most of the commands that can be found in SEESAT5.INI can be entered on the command line. If you desire the SEESAT5.INI file to exe- cute after the command line be sure to make the last command RET. FILES
SEESAT5.INI The control file for seesat5 *.tle Two line element files used by seesat5. SEE ALSO
seesat5(7), SEESAT5.INI(5), tle(5), cr(1) BUGS
Seesat5 is not always able to check data integrity. Since computation and output is driven by the data in the two line element, subtle errors in a tle can cause floating point exceptions. In addition there are several commands that do not work well together, like SHOWTLE and RUNTIME. Please report any problems with seesat5 to Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net>. Debian Linux 28 March 96 seesat5(1)