Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Oracle Updates (RSS) Technical Note: Oracle Database Daylight Saving Time Update Guide Post 302182285 by Linux Bot on Sunday 6th of April 2008 05:10:15 AM
Old 04-06-2008
Technical Note: Oracle Database Daylight Saving Time Update Guide

On March 11, 2007, new Daylight Saving Time (DST) rules begin in the United States and Canada; some systems may be affected. Use this guide to determine if you need to patch your environment prior to the DST change.

More...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Timestamp - confusion with daylight saving time

Hello! I'm currently working on a climatological dataset that uses unix-timestamp and a real date like 28/03/2004 02:45:00 h. in spring the unix-timestamp follows its continuos mode but in the column of the real date the time jumps one hour forward (e.g. from 1:59:59 to 3:00:00). i think this is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: softmachine
1 Replies

2. AIX

Daylight Saving Time patch test

On AIX 5.1, after applying a DST patch or workaround, is there a way to test that the DST changes have taken effect? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dangral
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

How to set the Daylight Saving Time (DST) OFF

I have a problem with the time so I need to set the DST to be OFF. is anybody can show me how to set the DST to be OFF? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Billy_yuli
11 Replies

4. Linux

Reading Daylight Saving Time in Linux using C/C++

Hi folks, I would like to read the start date and end date of the Daylight Saving Time for the given timezone in the given year. What's the function in C/C++ to read the start of the Daylight Saving date and end of Daylight saving date? I'm using Linux 2.6.xx Kernel. For Example, in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryaemlinux
4 Replies

5. Linux

How to configure daylight saving time

Hi, I have few doubt on daylight saving. Can any one clarify the below points. 1) How to configure daylight saving(DLS) time ? 2) How to query DLS ? 3) If i set DLS(say some how) will it be autometically changed or user has to manually change system time ? I got few info on net about... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokd001
3 Replies

6. Linux

How does Linux handle DST ( daylight saving time)?

Hello Can sombody please tell me how linux handles DST ( daylight saving time) ? Does the time change instantly , ex: if is is 3'o clock does linux instantly swich to 2'o clock ? plese give more info about this toppic (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: martonlorand
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 11 Daylight Saving Time

Hello, Quick question: How do I verify if my Solaris 11 hosts/zones, configured with NTP, would change automatically to the DST? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: feroccimx
1 Replies
UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)						 Debian GNU/Linux					    UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)

NAME
update-rcconf-guide - Create default guide file for rcconf SYNOPSIS
update-rcconf-guide DESCRIPTION
Update-rcconf-guide creates the default guide file which rcconf uses. Update-rcconf-guide searches the package names corresponding to each service file in /etc/init.d directory from dpkg info files(/var/lib/dpkg/info/*.list) and get the description of these packages using apt-cache. Update-rcconf-guide uses Short-Description in priority to the description if service files has Short-Description field. Update-rcconf-guide writes those results to /var/lib/rcconf/guide.default file. You can write your own guide in user guide file(/var/lib/rcconf/guide) by hand. Rcconf refers Guides in /var/lib/rcconf/guide before those in /var/lib/rcconf/guide.default. If you install some packages after executed update-rcconf-guide, you need to re-create this file using update-rcconf-guide so as to refresh guide.default that includes new guides for installed new services. Notice: update-rcconf-guide was not executed when you installed rcconf package. FILE
/var/lib/rcconf/guide.default Guide File update-rcconf-guide generates. /var/lib/rcconf/guide Guide File user(Administrator) can define. SEE ALSO
rcconf(8) AUTHOR
Atsushi KAMOSHIDA <kamop@debian.org> perl v5.10.1 2009-01-21 UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)