Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Calling shell functions from another shell script Post 302182160 by fpmurphy on Saturday 5th of April 2008 04:29:48 PM
Old 04-05-2008
Yes, I agree, it is limited to ksh93.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling shell script ?

hi friends, i'm new to unix and straight away i had to start with the script files. I've a script file which gets called from a menu item on a GUI. This script file again calls .awk file, in performing some tasks , which also generates certain files. I modified the files to generate some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ravi_Kandula
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script functions

Simple shell script : date test_fn() { echo "function within test shell script " } on the shell prompt I run > . test Then I invoke the function on the command line as below : test_fn() It echos the line function within test shell script and works as expected. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_subrahmanian
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating functions in shell script

hi friends, I am working with shell commands and all these works properly. Then i created a small function which includes these commands. Now the problem arises. When the commands are run by calling this fuction.it shows error. Why i am not able to run the unix command inside a function.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gjithin
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Functions of Other K Shell Program

Hi, I have a K shell a.ksh function abc { // Some logic } In b.ksh i have included the a.ksh ./a.ksh I want to call the abc function from this b.ksh script. Thanks Vijay (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykrc
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling another shell script

Hi there, I have an script reading content of a file and runs whatever command is specified there, as follows #!/bin/bash # Supposed to read from a file that commands are listed to be run # when the server starts for initialization CMD_FILE=/myScripts/startup/task2do.txt if ; then ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: james gordon
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

using library functions in shell script

hey guys, i made up a library file called common.lib so as to reuse the same code without typing it again. here is the code. its pretty basic . ## This is the second function compare() { file1 = $1 file2 = $2 cmp $file1 $file2 if then echo "comparison is possible"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling 'n' number of shell scripts based on dependency in one shell script.

Hello gurus, I have three korn shell script 3.1, 3.2, 3.3. I would like to call three shell script in one shell script. i m looking for something like this call 3.1; If 3.1 = "complete" then call 3.2; if 3.2 = ''COMPlete" then call 3.3; else exit The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shashi369
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible make the shell read functions 1 by 1 and calling an other function?

Greetings, I m wondering if it's possible do do the following : I have a simple function called "FindMoveDelete" which does the following : FindMoveDelete() { find . -iname "$FILENAME*.ext" -exec mv {} "$PATH/$VAR" \; && find . -maxdepth 1 -type d -iname "$FILENAME*" -exec rm -rf {}... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekullos
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Functions in a shell script

so i have a very big script that has the following format: functionA () { .... ... .... } Results=$(functionA) the code inside of functionA is very huge. so by the time the script gets to the "Results=" part, several seconds have already passed. the script is about 15MB in size.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find C programming functions using shell script?

I want to find c function definition with pattern with shell script by checking condition for each line: data_type functionname(param_list){ .... } I knew cscope or ctag is usable for this task, but if there any ways to do without using them. I am thinking of checking line condition... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmdcmd
3 Replies
let(1)								   User Commands							    let(1)

NAME
let - shell built-in function to evaluate one or more arithmetic expressions SYNOPSIS
ksh let arg... ksh93 let [expr...] DESCRIPTION
ksh Each arg is a separate arithmetic expression to be evaluated. ksh93 let evaluates each expr in the current shell environment as an arithmetic expression using ANSI C syntax. Variables names are shell vari- ables and they are recursively evaluated as arithmetic expressions to get numerical values. let has been made obsolete by the ((...)) syn- tax of ksh93(1) which does not require quoting of the operators to pass them as command arguments. EXIT STATUS
ksh ksh returns the following exit values: 0 The value of the last expression is non-zero. 1 The value of the last expression is zero. ksh93 ksh93 returns the following exit values: 0 The last expr evaluates to a non-zero value. >0 The last expr evaluates to 0 or an error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), ksh93(1), set(1), typeset(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 2 Nov 2007 let(1)