Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sudoers problems.
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Sudoers problems. Post 302182116 by blane on Saturday 5th of April 2008 12:14:59 PM
Old 04-05-2008
Hi! Thanks for the response.

User A is autosys' login.
User B is weblogic.

Unfortunately the command is to start a weblogic process and, if it's started by the autosys id, it won't work correctly. The logs also have to have weblogic:bea permissions so that the weblogic group can read them.

I've also setup a ssh-key from box a to box b so that no password is needed for autosys to connect..works fine.

Sorry for not clarifying all of this earlier.

I will try the full path to su and see if that works.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudoers on HP 11.11

Having a "running low on coffee" moment here & need help. On HP 11.11 where is the sudoers file located; I looked every place I could think of and don't see it. Thanks in advance:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhlopomo
2 Replies

2. Solaris

sudoers and sudo

Hi, on solaris 10, I have two users : user1 and user2 I want to create User_Alias and Cmnd_Alias to allow them to execute a command without prompting for sudo password. command I want these users should be able to run is '/usr/bin/su - abcd' . Also user1 and 2 need not type the 'abcd'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Usernames in Sudoers have #

We have users that have a # in their username. Sudo is working on some servers and not others. I have narrowed it down to the # in their username. Any suggestions or ideas why it is working on 1 server but not another. Server not working is - Solaris 10 patch level 138888-01 Server working is ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gibby13
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudoers syntax

I'm stuck with a dilemma. I am trying to control userid's access to the su command in such a way that he will not be able to su to root (su, su -, su root, su - root) but he will be able to su to any other user. I have tried the following syntax: userid ALL=/usr/bin/su ?*, !/usr/bin/su *root*... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuckuykendall
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudoers

i just installed/configured apache2.0 on my own aix5.3 mini server. i can start/stop apache by root, but i want to start it under my login id(admin) instead. i need to execute this command: /usr/bin/sudo /usr/IBM/HTTPServer/bin/apachectl stop/start. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
5 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problems Hooking Sudoers into PAM/LDAP

Greetings!! I am attempting to solve a rather thorny issue and I was hoping that someone might have some insight into what is going on here.. At this point I have an openLDAP server that is working quite splendidly! :) I have a working directory with users able to authenticate it and TLS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluethundr
2 Replies

7. Solaris

sudoers

this is for the first time i am going to use sudoers i want know how to create sudoers and giving privileges for that users thanks in advance dinu (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinu
6 Replies

8. Solaris

sudoers

what is the configuration file for sudo? can we edit it as like other file or will it create any adverse effect on editing that file? thanks in advance dinu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dinu
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Sudoers file

In the sudoers file in Solaris... I am trying to limit the DEVELOPER user privileges to where those users can only use the “rm” command in certain directories. This is to prevent them from deleting directories or files and destroying a server. I want them to be able to use the "rm" command but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nzonefx
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Sudoers

Having a bit of a discussion with a software vendor about this. Can anyone confirm my understanding? /etc/sudoers file example:- user1 server1 = NOPASSWD:/usr/bin/ls -l user1 server1 = NOPASSWD:/usr/bin/file But then the following command fails (logged in on server 1 as user1) because... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
2 Replies
ONEUSER(1)					      oneuser(1) -- manages OpenNebula users						ONEUSER(1)

NAME
oneuser SYNOPSIS
oneuser command [args] [options] OPTIONS
-r, --read-file Read password from file --sha1 The password will be hashed using the sha1 algorithm --ssh SSH Auth system --x509 x509 Auth system for x509 certificates -k, --key path_to_private_key_pem Path to the Private Key of the User -c, --cert path_to_user_cert_pem Path to the Certificate of the User --driver driver Driver to autehnticate this user --x509_proxy x509 Auth system based on x509 proxy certificates --proxy path_to_user_proxy_pem Path to the user proxy certificate --time x Token duration in seconds, defaults to 3600 (1 h) -l, --list x,y,z Selects columns to display with list command -d, --delay x Sets the delay in seconds for top command -x, --xml Show the resource in xml format -n, --numeric Do not translate user and group IDs -v, --verbose Verbose mode -h, --help Show this message -V, --version Show version and copyright information COMMANDS
o create username [password] Creates a new User Examples: oneuser create my_user my_password oneuser create my_user -r /tmp/mypass oneuser create my_user --ssh --key /tmp/id_rsa oneuser create my_user --ssh -r /tmp/public_key oneuser create my_user --x509 --cert /tmp/my_cert.pem valid options: read_file, sha1, ssh, x509, key, cert, driver o update userid Launches the system editor to modify and update the template contents o login username Creates the Login token for authentication Examples: oneuser login my_user --ssh --key /tmp/id_rsa --time 72000 oneuser login my_user --x509 --cert /tmp/my_cert.pem --key /tmp/my_key.pk --time 72000 oneuser login my_user --x509_proxy --proxy /tmp/my_cert.pem --time 72000 valid options: ssh, x509, x509_proxy, key, cert, proxy, time o key Shows a public key from a private SSH key. Use it as password for the SSH authentication mechanism. valid options: key o delete range|userid_list Deletes the given User o passwd userid [password] Changes the given User's password valid options: read_file, sha1, ssh, x509, key, cert, driver o chgrp range|userid_list groupid Changes the User's main group o chauth userid [auth] [password] Changes the User's auth driver and its password (optional) Examples: oneuser chauth my_user core oneuser chauth my_user core new_password oneuser chauth my_user core -r /tmp/mypass oneuser chauth my_user --ssh --key /home/oneadmin/.ssh/id_rsa oneuser chauth my_user --ssh -r /tmp/public_key oneuser chauth my_user --x509 --cert /tmp/my_cert.pem valid options: read_file, sha1, ssh, x509, key, cert, driver o list Lists Users in the pool valid options: list, delay, xml, numeric o show [userid] Shows information for the given User valid options: xml ARGUMENT FORMATS
o file Path to a file o range List of id's in the form 1,8..15 o text String o groupid OpenNebula GROUP name or id o userid OpenNebula USER name or id o userid_list Comma-separated list of OpenNebula USER names or ids o password User password LICENSE
OpenNebula 3.4.1 Copyright 2002-2012, OpenNebula Project Leads (OpenNebula.org) Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 April 2012 ONEUSER(1)