Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting print or display certain number of file Post 302182098 by jerardfjay on Saturday 5th of April 2008 11:12:14 AM
Old 04-05-2008
One way

Jim,

Thanks. Works like a charm.

Regards,
Francis

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the number of lines from a file, the starting string should be passed`

Hi , I have file, which has the below content: line 100 a b c d line300 a s d f s line200 a s d a (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print columns in a file by number list in another file

This should follow with my last post but I think it's better to start a new one. Now I have a list of numbers stored in pos.txt: 2 6 7 . . . n . . . And I need to extract (2n-1, 2n) columns from matrix.txt: ind1 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R ... ind2 B C D E F G H... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zoho
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script: print line number n of another file

Hi, I wrote an awk script to analyse file A. I call the script with files A and B. File A has lines like: 000000033100001 000000036100001 000000039100001 The first 9 characters are interpreted as a line number; for each line number found I want to output this line number of file B. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpg
13 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to display only the lines from a file which do not contain a given number

a. How do I display the content of the file containing what Ive merged using a filter which would display only the lines of the file which don't contain number, for example 3 or 6. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: herberwz
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

query display number lines or records present in file only numeric value -without filename

Hi all Thanks in advance........... Please help me for this issue............ I have a file it has 11 records . I used the command like .... >$ wc -l file 11 file I'm getting output like 11 file (no.of records along with filename) here my requirement is, I want to display only... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksrivani
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and print a certain number in a file

Hi, I have a file that contains strings and numbers. I want to search for a particular string and then print out the numbers next to this string. For example the file looks like in the file I want to search for the line AFUE 0. AOXI 0. VFUE 600. VOXI 1573.241 TFUE ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find string nth occurrence in file and print line number

Hi I have requirement to find nth occurrence in a file and capture data from with in lines (between lines) Data in File. <QUOTE> <SESSION> <ATTRIBUTE NAME='Parameter Filename' VALUE='file1.parm'/> <ATTRIBUTE NAME='Service Name' VALUE='None'/> </SESSION> <SESSION> <ATTRIBUTE... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display the line number of file while searching for a pattern

awk 'BEGIN{IGNORECASE=1} /error|warning|exception/ { ++x } END { print x }' filename The above command returning the number of times the pattern present in the file. But I want the the line number as well. please help me out (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arukuku
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing log file and print latest number in loop

Hello All, I have an awk script which parses my log file and prints number grepping from a specific line/pattern, now i have to come with a shell script to continue reading the log untill the job is completed, which i would know while reading session log untill process encounters a final... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print number of lines for files in directory, also print number of unique lines

I have a directory of files, I can show the number of lines in each file and order them from lowest to highest with: wc -l *|sort 15263 Image.txt 16401 reference.txt 40459 richtexteditor.txt How can I also print the number of unique lines in each file? 15263 1401 Image.txt 16401... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
15 Replies
print(9E)							Driver Entry Points							 print(9E)

NAME
print - display a driver message on system console SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/errno.h> #include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int prefixprint(dev_t dev, char *str); INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI). This entry point is required for block devices. PARAMETERS
dev Device number. str Pointer to a character string describing the problem. DESCRIPTION
The print() routine is called by the kernel when it has detected an exceptional condition (such as out of space) in the device. To display the message on the console, the driver should use the cmn_err(9F) kernel function. The driver should print the message along with any driver specific information. RETURN VALUES
The print() routine should return 0 for success, or the appropriate error number. The print routine can fail if the driver implemented a non-standard print() routine that attempted to perform error logging, but was unable to complete the logging for whatever reason. SEE ALSO
cmn_err(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.11 15 Sep 1992 print(9E)