Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl + Oracle + bind_param_inout() Post 302182096 by quine on Saturday 5th of April 2008 11:09:44 AM
Old 04-05-2008
Hello... I think you might have to pass some variable name for the in/out in your execute statement, but I'm not sure. Will follow along with you though as I'm going to need something very similar and I don't know how to do this... Thanks for the good question.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

perl-DBD-Oracle

I am trying to install perl-DBD-Oracle-1.16-1.2.rpm on Suse (SLE 9), like rpm -Uvh perl-DBD-Oracle-1.16-1.2.rpm but I keep getting the following error message error: Failed dependencies: libclntsh.so.10.1 is needed by perl-DBD-Oracle-1.16-1.2.el4 libnnz10.so is needed by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan1
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PERL - Oracle

Hi friends, I am new to Perl programming. I have a requirement, using perl I need to connect to Oracle DB and get some records ( on unix environment). I googled and found that we need to use DBD (Database Drivers), DBI (DataBase Interface) to connect to oracle. I tried using " sqlplus... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satguyz
1 Replies

3. Programming

perl dbi to oracle getting disconnect_all for oracle dbi help

hi i am trying to connect to an oracle database using dbi and i get this :: Driver has not implemented the disconnect_all method. at /opt/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.0/sun4-solaris/DBI.pm line 575 END failed--call queue aborted. for all i know, the script was working earlier, but has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poggendroff
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect ORACLE using PERL

Hi Friends, I am having Perl 5 and Oracle 9i. I just wanna to connect Oracle DB & to perform some select query statement. Could anyone pls let me know. I've tried below command which i found in some website, But it throws some error.:confused: Executed: perl -e 'use DBI; print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vijayakumarpc
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle using perl

Hello All, I need to now how can I establish connection with oracle database then shutdown abort and then startup, In other words need to implement the following lines to perl script: export ORACLE_SID=<some user> ${ORACLE_HOME}/bin/sqlplus /nolog SQL> connect / as sysdba SQL> shutdown... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alalush
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl connect to remote oracle db without local oracle installation

I want to use Perl to connect to a remote Oracle DB I have no oracle installation on my server (and dont plan on installing one) I am using solaris 9 on x86 server. Is this possible? I basically want to run some basic sql queries on the remote oracle db which I have access to using perl on my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in perl script for oracle

Hi, #!/usr/bin/perl my @sid=`cat /etc/oratab|grep -v "^#"|grep -v "*"|grep -v "#"|cut -d: -f1 -s`; my $log; my $body=""; my $oraclesid=""; chomp($hostname); foreach my $oraclesid (@SID){ $body=""; chomp($oraclesid); $dbname=print ($oraclesid); print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocky1954
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL and Oracle 11.2 question

Hi, we have PERL 64-bit build with Oracle 10g DBD . PERL database connection are working fine. Database upgraded to 11.2 and in PERL documents it says still use 10g DBD to connect to 11.2. when I try some test connections, I am getting this error . Did anyone see this error before . I set the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl- oracle sql query

Hi, I am new to perl.How to query oracle database with perl??? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tdev457
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Oracle connection error

I've a Centralized Server which can connect to all Oracle Databases. When I was trying the below code it doesn't work, But tnsping was working fine. #!D:/perl5/bin/perl.exe use DBI; my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:Oracle:QBDIWCE', 'IDUSER', 'SECRET123#' ) || die( $DBI::errstr . "\n" ) ; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
1 Replies
PDOSTATEMENT.EXECUTE(3) 						 1						   PDOSTATEMENT.EXECUTE(3)

PDOStatement::execute - Executes a prepared statement

SYNOPSIS
public bool PDOStatement::execute ([array $input_parameters]) DESCRIPTION
Execute the prepared statement. If the prepared statement included parameter markers, you must either: ocall PDOStatement.bindParam(3) to bind PHP variables to the parameter markers: bound variables pass their value as input and receive the output value, if any, of their associated parameter markers oor pass an array of input-only parameter values PARAMETERS
o $input_parameters - An array of values with as many elements as there are bound parameters in the SQL statement being executed. All values are treated as PDO::PARAM_STR. You cannot bind multiple values to a single parameter; for example, you cannot bind two values to a single named parameter in an IN() clause. You cannot bind more values than specified; if more keys exist in $input_parameters than in the SQL specified in the PDO::prepare, then the statement will fail and an error is emitted. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.2.0 | | | | | | | The keys from $input_parameters must match the | | | ones declared in the SQL. Before PHP 5.2.0 this | | | was silently ignored. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 Execute a prepared statement with bound variables <?php /* Execute a prepared statement by binding PHP variables */ $calories = 150; $colour = 'red'; $sth = $dbh->prepare('SELECT name, colour, calories FROM fruit WHERE calories < :calories AND colour = :colour'); $sth->bindParam(':calories', $calories, PDO::PARAM_INT); $sth->bindParam(':colour', $colour, PDO::PARAM_STR, 12); $sth->execute(); ?> Example #2 Execute a prepared statement with an array of insert values (named parameters) <?php /* Execute a prepared statement by passing an array of insert values */ $calories = 150; $colour = 'red'; $sth = $dbh->prepare('SELECT name, colour, calories FROM fruit WHERE calories < :calories AND colour = :colour'); $sth->execute(array(':calories' => $calories, ':colour' => $colour)); ?> Example #3 Execute a prepared statement with an array of insert values (placeholders) <?php /* Execute a prepared statement by passing an array of insert values */ $calories = 150; $colour = 'red'; $sth = $dbh->prepare('SELECT name, colour, calories FROM fruit WHERE calories < ? AND colour = ?'); $sth->execute(array($calories, $colour)); ?> Example #4 Execute a prepared statement with question mark placeholders <?php /* Execute a prepared statement by binding PHP variables */ $calories = 150; $colour = 'red'; $sth = $dbh->prepare('SELECT name, colour, calories FROM fruit WHERE calories < ? AND colour = ?'); $sth->bindParam(1, $calories, PDO::PARAM_INT); $sth->bindParam(2, $colour, PDO::PARAM_STR, 12); $sth->execute(); ?> Example #5 Execute a prepared statement using array for IN clause <?php /* Execute a prepared statement using an array of values for an IN clause */ $params = array(1, 21, 63, 171); /* Create a string for the parameter placeholders filled to the number of params */ $place_holders = implode(',', array_fill(0, count($params), '?')); /* This prepares the statement with enough unnamed placeholders for every value in our $params array. The values of the $params array are then bound to the placeholders in the prepared statement when the statement is executed. This is not the same thing as using PDOStatement::bindParam() since this requires a reference to the variable. PDOStatement::execute() only binds by value instead. */ $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT id, name FROM contacts WHERE id IN ($place_holders)"); $sth->execute($params); ?> NOTES
Note Some drivers require to close cursor before executing next statement. SEE ALSO
PDO.prepare(3), PDOStatement.bindParam(3), PDOStatement.fetch(3), PDOStatement.fetchAll(3), PDOStatement.fetchColumn(3). PHP Documentation Group PDOSTATEMENT.EXECUTE(3)