Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to get the string stored in a variable in a line??? Post 302182094 by era on Saturday 5th of April 2008 11:03:14 AM
Old 04-05-2008
Franklin52: et tu Brute. Please don't perpetrate this "if test $?" idiom when if already checks the value of $? by design.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to define a variable with variable definition is stored in a variable?

Hi all, I have a variable say var1 (output from somewhere, which I can't change)which store something like this: echo $var1 name=fred age=25 address="123 abc" password=pass1234 how can I make the variable $name, $age, $address and $password contain the info? I mean do this in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freddy1228
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete first character from a string stored in a variable

Hallo! Example. #!/bin/bash BACKUP_DIR=/home/userx/backups/evolution echo $BACKUP_DIR # delete the first character from the string BACKUP_DIR=$(echo $BACKUP_DIR | cut -c 2-) echo $BACKUP_DIR It works. It does want I want, delete the first character from string in the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxinho
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Line and sent as variable for each string

Hi , I want to read below output, lets called it output1.txt and each string for every line will be declare as a variables. This is the input file 196 server_a server_unix_2 FW 196 server_b server_win_1 CD 196 server_c server_win_2 CD 196 server_bd ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sQew
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable not found error for a variable which is returned from stored procedure

can anyone please help me with this: i have written a shell script and a stored procedure which has one OUT parameter. now i want to use that out parameter as an input to the unix script but i am getting an error as variable not found. below are the unix scripts and stored procedure... ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swap21783
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL : pattern matching a string stored in a variable

I have two variables, my $filename = "abc_yyyy_mm_dd.txt"; my $filename1 = " abc_2011_11_07.txt"; I need to perform some operations after checking if $filename has $filename1 in it i have used the below code, if($filename =~ /^$filename1/) { ---- -- } (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting double quoted string from a line when line number is variable

I need to remove double quoted strings from specific lines in a file. The specific line numbers are a variable. For example, line 5 of the file contains A B C "string" I want to remove "string". The following sed command works: sed '5 s/\"*\"//' $file If there are multiple... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rennatsb
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Multi-line data to be stored in variable

Greetings Experts, As part of automating the sql generation, I have the source table name, target table name, join condition stored in a file join_conditions.txt which is a delimited file (I can edit the file if for any reason). The reason I needed to store is I have built SELECT list without... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Skip to next line if the variable is string

Hi I have the follwoing requirement I have a file as follows: # cat priy yyy.poweroff_cmd = /sbin/poweroff hhh.powersave-nap = 1 When this file is provided as input, I first used "awk" command and saved variables present after "=" replace=$line replace1=`echo $line | awk -F "="... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to lookup stored variable in file and print matching line

The bash bash below extracts the oldest folder from a directory and stores it in filename That result will match a line in bold in input. In the matching line there is an_xxx digit in italics that (once the leading zero is removed) will match a line in link. That is the lint to print in output.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep a sub-string from a string stored in a variable.

For example: I am grepping "Hello" from a file and there are 10 matches. So all ten lines with match will get stored into a variable($match). Now I want to ignore those lines which have "Hi" present in that. Currently I tried this: match = grep "Hello" file | grep -v "Hi" file But that's not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan
2 Replies
pofilter(1)						      Translate Toolkit 1.9.0						       pofilter(1)

NAME
pofilter - Perform quality checks on Gettext PO, XLIFF and TMX localization files SYNOPSIS
pofilter [--version] [-h|--help] [--manpage] [--progress PROGRESS] [--errorlevel ERRORLEVEL] [-i|--input] INPUT [-x|--exclude EXCLUDE] [-o|--output] OUTPUT [-l|--listfilters] [--review] [--noreview] [--fuzzy] [--nofuzzy] [--nonotes] [--autocorrect] [--language LANG] [--openoffice] [--mozilla] [--drupal] [--gnome] [--kde] [--wx] [--excludefilter FILTER] [-t|--test FILTER] [--notranslatefile FILE] [--musttranslatefile FILE] [--validcharsfile FILE] DESCRIPTION
Snippet files whenever a test fails. These can be examined, corrected and merged back into the originals using pomerge See: http://trans- late.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/pofilter for examples and usage instructions and http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/pofil- ter_tests for full descriptions of all tests OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h/--help show this help message and exit --manpage output a manpage based on the help --progress show progress as: dots, none, bar, names, verbose --errorlevel show errorlevel as: none, message, exception, traceback -i/--input read from INPUT in tmx, xlf, pot, xliff, po formats -x/--exclude exclude names matching EXCLUDE from input paths -o/--output write to OUTPUT in tmx, xlf, pot, po, xliff formats -l/--listfilters list filters available --review include units marked for review (default) --noreview exclude units marked for review --fuzzy include units marked fuzzy (default) --nofuzzy exclude units marked fuzzy --nonotes don't add notes about the errors --autocorrect output automatic corrections where possible rather than describing issues --language set target language code (e.g. af-ZA) [required for spell check and recommended in general] --openoffice use the standard checks for OpenOffice translations --mozilla use the standard checks for Mozilla translations --drupal use the standard checks for Drupal translations --gnome use the standard checks for Gnome translations --kde use the standard checks for KDE translations --wx use the standard checks for wxWidgets translations --excludefilter don't use FILTER when filtering -t/--test only use test FILTERs specified with this option when filtering --notranslatefile read list of untranslatable words from FILE (must not be translated) --musttranslatefile read list of translatable words from FILE (must be translated) --validcharsfile read list of all valid characters from FILE (must be in UTF-8) Translate Toolkit 1.9.0 pofilter(1)