Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers unsure if this is a unix datestamp??? can you guys tell? Post 302182078 by jim mcnamara on Saturday 5th of April 2008 10:18:53 AM
Old 04-05-2008
What you re saying doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

How do you see the "timestamp" - with ls <programname> or with ident or nm?

Did you run strip or touch on the program? IF you do this
Code:
vi programname

Does it say "executable"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cp files that have a particular datestamp

Hello all I'm trying to copy all files in the current directory with yesterday's date to another directory using a single command . I searched the faqs but all the examples listed out involve only the find command.I tried to do something like but it does'nt seem to work. cp < ls -l |grep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
2 Replies

2. Linux

A little unsure of something

If i want to display a banner that says Happy Bday, but I want to put that output banner into a file called bday4me, could I use the command (echo) or (banner -w35) Happy Bday >> bday4me would this command work? Sorry for asking, but i'm at home just now and don't have access to a UNIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cisco
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring/Instring of a string with datestamp

Hi, I have just started working on unix today. I want to get the instring of a string (filename). Eg. JAN_BILS_PRINT_01-01-08.txt Now i want to extract the datestamp from the file and convert the date to the format mm/dd/yyyy. How do i do this? Please hel pme with this. Regards,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhalotias
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple help in datestamp

i have a problem here TZ=`date +%Z`+0 ;a=`date +%b%e`----gives me Feb27 but i want Feb 27.there should be a single space b/w Feb and 27.... can anyone tell me how to resolve this issues........ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ali560045
1 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Unsure what caused an infraction on my account.

Hey everyone. I wasn't sure what it meant when my profile said it had 1 infraction against it, so I thought I'd check it out. Unfortunately, I can't find the post in question. The date from the post in question is 07-09-2008 at 04:24 AM, but from what I can tell is marked as 'private'. I'd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: glen.barber
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

move datestamp to beginning of line where available

My current output is as follows: All Day Event Someone's Birthday Class 7:00 PM Pick up dry cleaning 1:00 PM Wake up 8:00 AM I'd like the output to remain the same but have the times moved to the beginning of the line with a hyphen after it so it would look like, All Day Event... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrish
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing a file of datestamp

i have a file which consists of the timestamp fields in the format first packet: Sat Mar 5 16:14:33.678747 2011 first packet: Sat Mar 5 16:14:34.035362 2011 first packet: Sat Mar 5 16:14:39.805442 2011 first packet: Sat Mar 5 16:14:43.934197 2011 first packet: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unsure of sed notation (nu\\t.\*)

This piece of code is in a shell script I'm trying to modify to run on my system. sed s:nu\\t.\*:"nu=0" It's clearly a substitute script which replaces nu\\t.\* with nu = 0. What exactly does nu\\t.\* demarcate though-- I thought it was just the previous nu = xxxxx (which existed and is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: czar21
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Unsure why access time on a directory change isn't changing

Hello... And thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer me I was trying to work out the differences between displaying modify, access, and change times with the 'ls' command. Everything seems in order when I look at files, but the access time on a directory doesn't seem to change when I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bodisha
4 Replies
Gtk2::RecentInfo(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Gtk2::RecentInfo(3pm)

NAME
Gtk2::RecentInfo - wrapper for GtkRecentInfo HIERARCHY
Glib::Boxed +----Gtk2::RecentInfo METHODS
timestamp = $info->get_added; timestamp = $info->get_modified; timestamp = $info->get_visited; cut integer = $info->get_age (exec, count, timestamp) = $info->get_application_info ($app_name) o $app_name (string) (applications) = $info->get_applications string = $info->get_description string = $info->get_display_name boolean = $info->exists (groups) = $info->get_groups boolean = $info->has_application ($app_name) o $app_name (string) boolean = $info->has_group ($group_name) o $group_name (string) pixbuf = $info->get_icon ($size) o $size (integer) boolean = $info->is_local string = $info->last_application boolean = $info->match ($other_info) o $other_info (Gtk2::RecentInfo) string = $info->get_mime_type unix timestamp = $info->get_modified boolean = $info->get_private_hint string = $info->get_short_name string = $info->get_uri_display string = $info->get_uri unix timestamp = $info->get_visited SEE ALSO
Gtk2, Glib::Boxed COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2011 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Gtk2 for a full notice. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-27 Gtk2::RecentInfo(3pm)