Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers LAN traffic rerouting to web server Post 302182073 by era on Saturday 5th of April 2008 09:45:37 AM
Old 04-05-2008
I'm no authority on iptables. Because of the way these forums work, I'd suggest you post a new, specific question about this.

This is certainly a highly qualified topic, and might be better suited for the IP Networking board than the Unix for Dummies section.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

LAN server - Proxy, DNS, WEB - I'm lost!!!

Ok! I started to do something and I got lost...and crazy! I got MW2000S gateway device that provides wireless internet access! It is configured to work as NAT. Clients connect to MW and have access to internet and it works beautifully! And now! In the same network I have Ubuntu machine. First I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: salvor_hardin
0 Replies

2. Web Development

Cannot access Apache web server from Wan side, only Lan side.

I have installed WAMPSERVER 2.0 on my windows vista x64 system but still am having issues with getting the webserver to be seen outside my local network. It is working fine within my local network. Been through several setup tutorials so far, no dice still. For testing purposes I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davidmanvell
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

LAN traffic leaking on to WAN

Network map: WAN external interface 192.0.0.0 network | WAN internal interface 192.0.3.0 network | 192.0.3.0 LAN | wireless router 192.0.3.1 | DSL modem 192.0.3.2 The problem I am having is that some traffic from the 192.0.3.0 LAN seems to be "leaking" onto the 192.0.0.0 WAN. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

Routing traffic problem between 3G and Office Lan Network

Hi, I would like to ask some networking solution regarding my work LAN and 3G usb network problem. I want to route my internet traffic to the 3G network and sometimes connect to some of my work network for ssh to configure some workstation or print something. Currently my problem is i can't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
0 Replies
iptables-apply(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 iptables-apply(8)

NAME
iptables-apply - a safer way to update iptables remotely SYNOPSIS
iptables-apply [-hV] [-t timeout] ruleset-file DESCRIPTION
iptables-apply will try to apply a new ruleset (as output by iptables-save/read by iptables-restore) to iptables, then prompt the user whether the changes are okay. If the new ruleset cut the existing connection, the user will not be able to answer affirmatively. In this case, the script rolls back to the previous ruleset after the timeout expired. The timeout can be set with -t. When called as ip6tables-apply, the script will use ip6tables-save/-restore instead. OPTIONS
-t seconds, --timeout seconds Sets the timeout after which the script will roll back to the previous ruleset. -h, --help Display usage information. -V, --version Display version information. SEE ALSO
iptables-restore(8), iptables-save(8), iptables(8). LEGALESE
iptables-apply is copyright by Martin F. Krafft. This manual page was written by Martin F. Krafft <madduck@madduck.net> Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the Artistic License 2.0. 2006-06-04 iptables-apply(8)