Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to install Tripwire agent Solaris servers Post 302182054 by Renjesh on Saturday 5th of April 2008 03:45:14 AM
Old 04-05-2008
Error How to install Tripwire agent Solaris servers

Hi ,

Please help me to install Tripwire agent in one of my Solaris 5.9 server.
I have a zipped copy of the agent file in my local drive. When trying to ftping the file from local drive to the server its showing error as " cannot copy the files" Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks
Renjesh Raju

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris agent

Hello, on Solaris 5.8 I've installed SunMgtCenter to get the time agent; it's under /opt/SUNWsymon/sbin/es-start -a it's in ps -ef | grep agent ...but it doesn't work; the machine is always in alarm cause the time is different of the clock server; is it clear enough ? tks cc (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Carmen123
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Installing SNMP Agent on Solaris Systems

Hi, I am trying to apply the steps in the below link: http://manageengine.adventnet.com/products/applications_manager/help/appendix/snmp-agent-discovery.html#solaris but I couldn't continue with the step number 2 ... what is the path of C compiler. export PATH=<gcc path>:$PATH ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adel8483
3 Replies

3. AIX

Help me install Backup Exec (formerlly owned by Veritas) agent on AIX machine :(

Hi all. I hope someone could give me a hand on installing Backup Exec agent on AIX machine :( Agent: OS: AIX 5.3 Hostname: DB-HN-SRV02 IP: 10.1.4.64 Backup server: OS: Windows Server 2003 Hostname: backup-srv IP: 10.1.5.51 I download "Legacy Unix agent.tar", untar, then run file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsddaemon
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Installing Solaris 8 bootblock without Solaris Install CD

Hello everyone, Background: I'm having an issue with booting a clone of hard drive with Solaris 8 installation. For cloning process I have used g4l, running under click'n'clone option. As far as I know the actual operation ran behind g4l's interface was dd, though I do not have any information... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnny994
12 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 install dvd drive boots, but not recoginized by install process

I am trying to build a Sun Ultra 10 with solaris 10. This computer is one of a collection that was donated to the non-profic company I work for. All media was wiped before I recieved them, so I am starting from stratch. I downloaded the Solaris 10 ISO and burned a DVD. The computer came with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwillhight
4 Replies

6. Solaris

VCS on Solaris: VCS ERROR V-16-2-13077 (host2) Agent is unable to offline resource(DiskReservation)

hi, dear all I get a problem "VCS ERROR V-16-2-13077 " on VCS 4.1 for Solaris 10. I can not offline the host2 when the raid is bad. I don't know the reason and how to offline host2 and switch to host1. please help me, thank you! the message of engine_A.log is : ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ForgetChen
2 Replies

7. Solaris

OV Server on 11 - need to install agent?

Client has got a few machines with logical domains on. But I can't see the the ovs-agent service? Quite possibly I guess this has been set up with just logical domains. With no agent. Do you need to use the agent only if planning to manage with OV Manager? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
6 Replies

8. Solaris

No way to install a flar archive of Solaris 10 to Solaris 11.4 zone

I want to migrate a solaris 10 os to solaris 11.4 zone. I did this a)Collect some data like id sysid,disks,ip,etc..on solaris10 OK b)Create this file.cfg with this command on solaris 10 zonep2vchk -c > /migration/sol10.cfg OK c)Create the archive flash on Solaris10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Install Zabbix agent on Solaris 11

Hello all, I'm trying to set up a few Solaris servers in Zabbix. I did some googling and RTFMing and found there where two ways. 1. Download and install pre-compiled Zabbix agent from Zabbix or 2.To download and install from opencsw I downloading the pre-compiled Zabbix agent from... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sph919
10 Replies
TWFILES(5)							File Formats Manual							TWFILES(5)

NAME
twfiles - overview of files used by Tripwire and file backup process DESCRIPTION
Configuration File default: /etc/tripwire/tw.cfg The configuration file stores system-specific information, such as the location of Tripwire data files. The configuration settings are gen- erated during the installation process, but can be changed by the system administrator at any time. See the twconfig(4) man page for a more complete discussion. Policy File default: /etc/tripwire/tw.pol The policy file consists of a series of rules specifying the system objects that Tripwire should monitor, and the data for each object that should be collected and stored in the database file. Should unexpected changes occur, the policy file can describe the person to be noti- fied and the severity of the violation. See the policyguide.txt file in the policy directory and the twpolicy(4) man page for a more com- plete discussion. Database File default: /var/lib/$(HOSTNAME).twd The database file serves as the baseline for integrity checking. After installation, Tripwire creates the initial database file, a "snap- shot" of the filesystem in a known secure state. Later, when an integrity check is run, Tripwire compares each system object described in the policy file against its corresponding entry in the database. A report is created, and if an object has changed outside of constraints defined in the policy file, a violation is reported. See the tripwire(8) and twprint(8) man pages for more information on creating and maintaining database files. Report Files default: /var/lib/tripwire/report/$(HOSTNAME)-$(DATE).twr Once the above three files have been created, Tripwire can run an integrity check and search for any differences between the current system and the data stored in the "baseline" Tripwire database. This information is archived into report files, a collection of rule violations discovered during an integrity check. With the appropriate settings, a report can also be emailed to one or more recipients. See the tripwire(8) and twprint(8) man pages for information on creating and printing report files. Key Files defaults: /etc/tripwire/site.key and /etc/tripwire/$(HOSTNAME)-local.key It is critical that Tripwire files be protected from unauthorized access--an attacker who is able to modify these files can subvert Trip- wire operation. For this reason, all of the above files are signed using public key cryptography to prevent unauthorized modification. Two separate sets of keys protect critical Tripwire data files. One or both of these key sets is necessary for performing almost every Tripwire task. The site key is used to protect files that could be used across several systems. This includes the policy and configuration files. The local key is used to protect files specific to the local machine, such as the Tripwire database. The local key may also be used for sign- ing integrity check reports. See the twadmin(8) man page for more information on keys. File Backup To prevent the accidental deletion of important data, Tripwire automatically creates backup files whenever any Tripwire file is overwrit- ten. The existing file will be renamed with a .bak extension, and the new version of the file will take its place. Only one backup copy for each filename can exist at any time. If a backup copy of a file already exists, the older backup file will be deleted and replaced with the newer one. File backup is an integral part of Tripwire, and cannot be removed or changed. VERSION INFORMATION
This man page describes Tripwire 2.4.1. AUTHORS
Tripwire, Inc. COPYING PERMISSIONS
Permission is granted to make and distribute verbatim copies of this man page provided the copyright notice and this permission notice are preserved on all copies. Permission is granted to copy and distribute modified versions of this man page under the conditions for verbatim copying, provided that the entire resulting derived work is distributed under the terms of a permission notice identical to this one. Permission is granted to copy and distribute translations of this man page into another language, under the above conditions for modified versions, except that this permission notice may be stated in a translation approved by Tripwire, Inc. Copyright 2000 Tripwire, Inc. Tripwire is a registered trademark of Tripwire, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All rights reserved. SEE ALSO
twintro(8), tripwire(8), twadmin(8), twprint(8), siggen(8), twconfig(4), twpolicy(4) 1 July 2000 TWFILES(5)