Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cat and loop
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting cat and loop Post 302182015 by danmero on Friday 4th of April 2008 11:23:37 PM
Old 04-05-2008
One awk line can do your job
Code:
 awk '{if($1=="wget")print $0"\nsleept 5"}' list.txt > out.txt

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using cat command in a for loop

If I have a data file containing entries like-> abc abc:123 and I use a for loop: for I in `cat data-file` do echo $I done the output would contain 2 lines -> abc.... and abc:123 but I want it to be on only one line. How can I do this? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sleepster
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch !!!

Hi Can anybody tell the difference between Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch command in UNIX? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

for i in `cat myname.txt` && for y in `cat yourname.txt`

cat myname.txt John Doe I John Doe II John Doe III ----------------------------------------------------------------------- for i in `cat myname.txt` do echo This is my name: $i >> thi.is.my.name.txt done ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danimad
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat in the command line doesn't match cat in the script

Hello, So I sorted my file as I was supposed to: sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 file1 | uniq > file2 and when I wrote > cat file2 in the command line, I got what I was expecting, but in the script itself ... sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 averages | uniq > temp cat file2 It wrote a whole... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: shira
21 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple for loop/cat issue

ok.. so problem is: I have a file that reads: cat 123 1 and 2 3 and 4 5 and 6 I was using for loops to run through this information. Code: for i in `cat 123` do echo $i done shouldn't the output come as 1 and 2 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: foal_11
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through hosts file - cat /etc/resolv.conf

Hello... I am trying to loop through my hosts file that contains 100+ servers to check or update the nameservers on them... My while loop is breaking after the first server responds... #!/bin/bash while read line; do a=( $(echo $line | tr " " "\n") ) if }" != "" ] && }" != "#" ] &&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CompSCI
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop with whole line using cat

Hi all, I need to create loop script to read full line and append a variable to each line. cat file I need the output like below 10.0.0.1,136 1 24 048800 id N4 No_Light 10.0.0.1,137 1 25 048900 id N4 No_Light 10.0.0.1,140 1 28 048c00 id N4 No_Light 10.0.0.1,262 1 38 048e80... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while displaying(cat) file content inside telnet loop .

Hi Team, Not getting the file output inside my email which i am sending from unix box. . Please refer the below code : #!/bin/sh { sleep 5 echo ehlo 10.56.185.13 sleep 3 echo mail from: oraairtel@CNDBMUREAPZP02.localdomain sleep 3 echo rcpt to: saurabhtripathi@anniksystems.com... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tripathi1990
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Issue with cat command on a for loop

Good day to all, I'd like to ask for your advice with regards to this. Scenario : I have here a file named TEST.tmp wherein the value inside is below; "ONE|TWO|FIVE|THREE|FOUR|SIX~SEVEN~EIGHT" "NINE" But when I'm trying to use this in a simple command like; for TESTING in $(cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asdfghjkl
4 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)