Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Change Account to not lock account if password expires Post 302181994 by RTM on Friday 4th of April 2008 05:31:25 PM
Old 04-04-2008
Ha, 15+ system - try 400+. And I'm sure others have bigger numbers to contend with.

You explained yourself fine - cut and paste what you put here into an email to your UNIX SA and he/she will understand what you want to do. Of course, that doesn't mean you can get it - it's usually a Security issue - accounts get locked automatically and normally the UNIX SA isn't the one who makes that policy. But it doesn't hurt to ask.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ftp account change password

How can I change the password from an ftp user account on a ssh server? Please give me simple instructions for a users who hasn't a lot of experience. :D Just the words in form of a list thanks a lot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m.seidenberg
1 Replies

2. Solaris

how can I change user name and password , of account ?

passwd only changes the password but i need to change the user name tnx (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change other account password from root access

Hi, I have forgotten my personal account password but I still have the root access to the box. Please tell me how can I change my other account password by logging as root. Thanks. Rakesh :D (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

lock an account

hi how can I Lock an account, by prepending ”*LK*” to the password field in /etc/shadow. I dont want to use passwd -l . Any idea? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjay83
3 Replies

5. Solaris

How to lock the account after consecutive unsuccessful login

Dears, I want to lock the user's account after consecutive unsuccessful login attempts, how can I do this ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mlsun
1 Replies

6. SuSE

How to lock the account after consecutive unsuccessful login in SUSE

Hi , Can anyone give ur answer for How to lock the account after consecutive unsuccessful login in SUSE Enterprise 10.2 Linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthik04
1 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

openssh_4.6 on Unixware 7.1.4 - ssh does not lock account after x attempts

Hi all, I am having some issues with openssh vers OpenSSH_4.6p1 on SCO unixware 7.1.4 when a user accesses the system via ssh and the password is incorrect and more attempts have been made that the lock out limit I find that although there are messages in the syslog the account does not lock... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chlawren
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create account that expires in 3 days

I was hoping that somebody could help me out with this. I just deployed a new FTP server and I have a script that creates the new account. How would I go about having it expire 3 days after after creation? useradd -s /bin/false -m -p $pass $username (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary-ninja
7 Replies

9. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Restart old account, change email for account

Hi there, I may have had a typo in my email previously provided. I have doublechecked my email for Scott's reply but havent seen it, so I am creating a new post. My new email can be either one of these: <removed> or <removed> I beleive my old email was <removed by admin> thanks for your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AKelam_MagnusA
1 Replies