Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Is there a way to list all the functions dotted in to the env? Post 302181950 by easwam on Friday 4th of April 2008 02:22:23 PM
Old 04-04-2008
Bug Is there a way to list all the functions dotted in to the env?

Hi People,

Please advise if there is a command to retrieve the list of functions (user-defined) available at any certain point?

Cheers

Last edited by easwam; 04-04-2008 at 03:37 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Dotted thread icons

Can you guys please enable the "dotted" icon option, so that the thread icon for a thread in which a user has posted in will appear with a dot in it? Thanks, Aaron (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

expanding dotted paths to absolute ones in bash or sh

I have a little script to help me manage a gallery of image files. It makes symbolic links to every file in and below the current directory, placing them in a target directory which is passed to the script as a parameter. Unfortunately, the script pukes when I pass a parameter that contains... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TanRanger
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Env

hey guys!!!! i have a few question .. how to modify the user ENV in Sun Solaris 10 ... Thanks!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giancarlodjabon
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding command line env in cron env

Hello friends, i run two scripts manually & they work. i run them in cron & they don work. how to match the two env's 1.command line env 2.cron env i would like cron to use command line env. Thanks & Regards Abhijeet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhijeetkul
1 Replies

5. Solaris

OS functions for process list

I'm currently fixing a bug in a C program in which I need to check to make sure another specific application is up and running before continuing. Are there any SunOS API functions that can provide me with a list of currently running processes on the system? I'd like to avoid using 'ps' with a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalburger
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the List of functions with modified parameters

Hi I have 2 files a.c and a.bak where I changed long to int using awk script. I want to get the list of functions whose parameters got modified for eg: fun ( long a, long b ) might be changed to fun ( int a, int b ) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please explain what code is doing between the two dotted lines

Can someone please explain the meaning of code between the two lines below. if ; then echo "./filter.sh <a flat file containing group and id>" fi ------------------------------------------------------------ >IDnotexist #account in request does not exist in NIS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
1 Replies

8. Web Development

Deny from env=env-variable Does not work

(Above from Apache docs). On my system, using: SetEnvIf User-Agent Mozilla IsBad=1 Order allow,deny Allow from all Deny from env=IsBad ...I see that environment variable is set (using phpinfo()) but the page is still served. No errors in the Apache logs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnurob
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute functions or initiate functions as command line parameters for below requirement?

I have 7 functions those need to be executed as command line inputs, I tried with below code it’s not executing function. If I run the ./script 2 then fun2 should execute , how to initiate that function I tried case and if else also, how to initiate function from command line if then... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

List of Shell Env Vars

Hia, echo ${!S*} gives me all those env vars starting with S like SHELL SECONDS SHELLOPTS SHLVL etc. is there any way to deflate the shell variables' range like echo ${!A-E*} OR echo ${!A..S*} to list all env vars starting within range of A till E. Thanks Regards, Nasir (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: busyboy
1 Replies
ENV(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    ENV(1)

NAME
env -- set and print environment SYNOPSIS
env [-i] [name=value ...] [utility [argument ...]] DESCRIPTION
env executes utility after modifying the environment as specified on the command line. The option name=value specifies an environmental variable, name, with a value of value. The option '-i' causes env to completely ignore the environment it inherits. If no utility is specified, env prints out the names and values of the variables in the environment, with one name=value pair per line. DIAGNOSTICS
If the utility is invoked, the exit status of env shall be the exit status of utility; otherwise, the env utility exits with one of the fol- lowing values: 0 The env utility completed successfully 1-125 An error occurred in the env utility. 126 The utility specified by utility was found, but could not be invoked. 127 The utility specified by utility could not be found. COMPATIBILITY
The historic - option has been deprecated but is still supported in this implementation. SEE ALSO
execvp(3), environ(7) STANDARDS
The env utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2-1992 (``POSIX.2''). BUGS
env doesn't handle commands with equal (``='') signs in their names, for obvious reasons. BSD
August 27, 1993 BSD