Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: test wordcount
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting test wordcount Post 302181820 by melanie_pfefer on Friday 4th of April 2008 08:48:15 AM
Old 04-04-2008
df -k |grep /dev/dsk | awk '{print $6}'

should return

/zeus1

In your example, you are using grep '/dev/dsk'
while I want to do grep -v /zeus1 (the latter is obtained from the first command I put)

thanks for your support

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Math with wordcount output

Hi I know very little about unix. I have a unix code (which I'm running in geektools) which gives me the word count of a pages document. However, the pages document innately contains 522 words of superfluous "Ipsem Lorem..." text which are included in the count. How would I go about... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eunoia7
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with wordcount

Hi, this is my first post so bare with me I have a file which I want to count the amounts of the same line in the file and display by using a shell script for example file1 apple apple apple. bananasi would like the output to be apple 2 apple. 1 bananas 1however, i need this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: legolad
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prefixing test case methods with letter 'test'

Hi, I have a Python unit test cases source code file which contains more than a hundred test case methods. In that, some of the test case methods already have prefix 'test' where as some of them do not have. Now, I need to add the string 'test' (case-sensitive) as a prefix to those of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shc : trying to test functionality "test" compiling but can not execute

I am testing shc to see if it would help with my need. Im at a point where Im trying to compile and test the "test.ksh" file that comes in the tar ball : shc-3.8.9> shc -v -r -f test.ksh shc shll=ksh shc =-c shc =exec '%s' "$@" shc = shc opts= shc: cc test.ksh.x.c -o test.ksh.x... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
7 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)