Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Installing GNU C library
Operating Systems Linux Installing GNU C library Post 302181769 by amu on Friday 4th of April 2008 04:41:05 AM
Old 04-04-2008
Installing GNU C library

I m working on a project of making a boot/root pendrive linux from source.
I have got the basic working root filesystem with busybox.
Now i wish to install GNU C library. But couldnt find a proper document to refer to. Also i tried the steps in LFS with just specifying the installation directory (prefix )as my pendrive. could anyone please tell me a proper document or site to refer

Last edited by amu; 04-04-2008 at 07:50 AM..

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

gnu history library signal segfault

i am trying to use the history functions in a c++ program along with a custom signal handler for SIGINT. the prog works fine catching signals without the line: add_history(*args); but as soon as this line is added, the prog segfaults on SIGINT. does anyone have experience using gnu... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1g0rithm
2 Replies

2. Linux

Plz Help me to find GNU C++ Runtime Library

Hi, I am working with red hat Linux and i want to install one program but I am getting the error This product requires the GNU C++ Runtime Library (libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3) or later. Your system must be upgraded before installation can proceed. So please tell me how can i remove this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

3. Programming

GNU C library for parsing of XML files

Hi all, Is there a known GNU C library available for parsing XML files for particular attributes ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vsanjit
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Installing GNU findutils

Hi, Could someone let me know, how to install GNU findutils in HP-UX. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradebban
3 Replies
SWITCH_ROOT(8)						       System Administration						    SWITCH_ROOT(8)

NAME
switch_root - switch to another filesystem as the root of the mount tree SYNOPSIS
switch_root [-hV] switch_root newroot init [arg...] DESCRIPTION
switch_root moves already mounted /proc, /dev, /sys and /run to newroot and makes newroot the new root filesystem and starts init process. WARNING: switch_root removes recursively all files and directories on the current root filesystem. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display help text and exit. -V, --version Display version information and exit. RETURN VALUE
switch_root returns 0 on success and 1 on failure. NOTES
switch_root will fail to function if newroot is not the root of a mount. If you want to switch root into a directory that does not meet this requirement then you can first use a bind-mounting trick to turn any directory into a mount point: mount --bind $DIR $DIR SEE ALSO
chroot(2), init(8), mkinitrd(8), mount(8) AUTHORS
Peter Jones <pjones@redhat.com> Jeremy Katz <katzj@redhat.com> Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> AVAILABILITY
The switch_root command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux June 2009 SWITCH_ROOT(8)