Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script for Country Codes
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Script for Country Codes Post 302181653 by zanetti321 on Thursday 3rd of April 2008 01:41:08 PM
Old 04-03-2008

Dear Unilover

I typed the commands you told me the result is :
geo@spiserver /home/geo/cdr/ItalyRel 5 > uname -a
echo "{$(sed 's=\(.*\) \(.*\)=if($4~/^\2/)print $0\" \1\"=' country-codes.txt)}" >awk_4
head awk_4
tail awk_4
awk -f awk_4 phonelines.txt >first_added
head first_added
tail first_added
echo "{$(sed 's=\(.*\) \(.*\)=if($5~/^\2/)print $0\" \1\"=' country-codes.txt)}" >awk_5
head awk_5
tail awk_5
awk -f awk_5 first_added
SunOS spiserver 5.8 Generic_108528-23 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-280R
Variable syntax

Same one variable Syntax ; Note that i am using Solaris 8 may be this cause problems!! but i don't think so

Anyway the first code you gave me before the faster code is working but i want to pipe the final result in a single which i can't do moreover the code is very slow

The most important that when i type the first command:
sed 's=\(.*\) \(.*\)=if($4~/^\2/)print $0\" \1\"=' country-codes.txt

it generates the if loops as you said but when i type this code alone:
awk "{$(sed 's=\(.*\) \(.*\)=if($4~/^\2/)print $0\" \1\"=' country-codes.txt)}" phonelines.txt

The result is variable sysntax

Please advise

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Country Codes script faster response ;please help

Dear all I have group of input lines which look like this These input lines is placed in a file named phonelines.txt and there is a script which match $4 and $5 with country codes placed in another file named country-codes.txt and its contents is : Italy 39 Libyana 21892 Thuraya... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: zanetti321
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

whois country help

Hello folks, I have list of ips like 1.1.1.1 2.2.2.2 3.3.3.3 4.4.4.4 whois 1.1.1.1 |grep -E 'country|Country' it show country=US or whatever. so i have number of ips in text file, how i can use above script to automate output like 1.1.1.1 US 2.2.2.2 CA 3.3.3.3 FR (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

'watch' not interpreting escape codes in bash script

Hi there, I'm fairly new to bash scripting and already having some troubles. I'm making a script that can print some series of strings in colors based in the information of a file, for simplicity let's say it only does: #!/bin/bash printf "\eWhen you execute this in the command line it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arashi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Shell Script Exit Codes

Here is my daily stupid question: How can I tell a script to only execute if the other scripts exits successfully? So "script A" executes and it executes successfully (0),then "script B" will run or else "script A "executes and it exits unsucessfully (1) then "script B" will read return... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ip 2 country sorting[solved]

Dear folks. I have list of ip address from different country, i would like check from script this ip address belong to which country, please suggest any command, i have more than 200 ip address so i need to do it via script. Script will show me country code and its City if possible? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
0 Replies

6. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Registering from blocked country

Hi, I'm come from Vietnam and want to join to Unix forum just because I like Unix programming and want to learning more. My IP is allocate by DHCP server so it is dynamic. Here is my desired username and my email: Username: lucasdo Email: rennersstar@gmail.com Thank you very much for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasdo
0 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)