Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX mail to Outlook 2003
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX mail to Outlook 2003 Post 302181632 by rpennell on Thursday 3rd of April 2008 12:11:24 PM
Old 04-03-2008
UNIX mail to Outlook 2003

I'm trying to move a users multiple folders (archieved email) from a Solaris UNIX system to Outlook 2003. The user accesses the mail via ELM and folder are kept on his home drive, not under /var/mail. I was told I can use either IMAP and/or POP3 to connect to the UNIX server from outlook and just move his folders. How do I do that? I have tried both IMAP and POP setup on Outlook, but can not connected to the UNIX server via Outlook .

I checked the server and found that IMAP was not installed so it appears I need an IMAP client.

Any suggestions would be appriecated.

Thanks

Ron

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix IMAP e-mail via Outlook showing +10 hours

Multiple users at my work are connecting to a UNIX IMAP e- mail server via Outlook 2003 that is creating a small problem. Random new e-mails repeat themselves up to 3 times with an additional 10 hours added to them of when the original arrived. i.e Original e-mail marked arrived at 10:00am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arkady
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problems with debian linux + exim4 + MS Outlook 2003

This seems to be a rather constant question that pops up on a lot of forums but as of yet I have not found a complete solutions on any of the forums so I'm asking everyone who might know about this in an attempt to find a complete solution for this: I have bought 3 domain names and they all... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: liviutudor
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Outlook Mail Rule issue- not reaching the unix server

Hi All, I' m having a pretty strange issue, when I sent an outlook email that is forwarded by rule for example (email sent every day at certain time) to the server is not going through, i cant see it arriving at the Maildir or i have also a procmail rule log that also not reaching... could... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Skyline88
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How i can send a mail from outlook to an UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can sent from the unix server to my outlook account,I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I send a mail from my outlook or other mail accounts to UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can send from the unix server to my outlook account, I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
2 Replies

7. Linux

Send mail to outlook

Hello Guys, I have a requirement to send an email to outlook from unix script. I have used the below stuff to send an email and it worked on machine A but not on machine B. Please find their versions. Machine A ) Linux xxx 2.4.9-e.40enterprise #1 SMP Thu Apr 8 16:43:01 EDT 2004 i686 unknown... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srikanthbiradar
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX mail Format issue : Outlook 2007 and 2013

Hi, I prepare one backup report which drop mail with backup report. Same report looks different in outlook 2013. e.g : In outlook 2013 ( its a dummy example only ) : Server Instance Database Backup Time Status ------------------- --------- --------- -------------- ----------------------... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: niteshtheone
5 Replies
dohash(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 dohash(8)

NAME
dohash, undohash - Hashes or unhashes IMAP configuration directories SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/dohash [-f] [-h] [-i] /usr/sbin/undohash OPTIONS
The following options are available only for the dohash command: Forces the hashing process to continue even if the command encounters errors. Prints a usage message for the command. Runs the hashing process interactively. DESCRIPTION
The dohash command converts the IMAP configuration directories from the format for older versions of the Cyrus IMAP4 Revision 1 server to the new format for Version 1.6.1 or higher. Starting with Version 1.6.1 of the server, the IMAP user files in the quota and user directories are stored in a through z subdirectories, sorted by the first character of each user name. This arrangement reduces the number of entries in a given directory and consequently increases performance and scalability. The dohash command creates the a through z subdirectories and sorts the existing IMAP files as described; the undohash command reverses this process, in case you need to revert to a previous version of the server. You can optionally sort the users' directories in the IMAP mail spool in the same manner if you enable the hashimapspool option in the /etc/imapd.conf file before invoking the dohash command. See imapd.conf(4) for more information. Note that you must be logged in as the imap user to use the dohash command; otherwise, the newly-created subdirectories will not have the proper ownership. EXAMPLES
The following example shows output from the dohash command: # /usr/sbin/dohash configuration directory /var/imap... hashing user directory hashing quota directory done hashing In this example, the configuration directory is /var/imap; therefore, you could check that the dohash command has successfully hashed the directories by using the ls command as follows: # ls /var/imap/quota /var/imap/user /var/imap/quota: a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z /var/imap/user: a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z The slash () indicates line continuation. FILES
Configuration file for the IMAP server. Specifies the location of the IMAP configuration directory. SEE ALSO
Commands: imapd(8) Files: imapd.conf(4) Network Administration dohash(8)