Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how can i call sqlplus?
Operating Systems HP-UX how can i call sqlplus? Post 302181511 by theodore on Thursday 3rd of April 2008 07:13:16 AM
Old 04-03-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by vino
My bad. The second statemetn should read
Code:
set PATH=${ORACLE_HOME}/bin:${PATH}

vino
i tried the correct command, i don't get back an error but still
sqlplus won't run.response:
ksh: sqlplus: not found

....Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus

I am looking to loop round a load of files and execute each in sqlplus, I have looked at the forum to see what was posted in the past, but most of the examples seem to use the sql being passed in through the script, which is not really what I am looking for, can someone tell me if the code below is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiquidChild
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to differentiate system call from library call

Hi, Ho do I differentiate system call from library call? for example if I am using chmod , how do I find out if it is a system call or library call? Thanks Muru (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muru
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call sqlplus in the shell script

Hi, I am writing a script to test database connection. If the first try fails, it will wait for 1 minutes and then try again. The script is as following: ........ for i in $ORACLE_SID do $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus $username/$password@$i <<! >/dev/null select * from tab; exit if ; then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beaniebear
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sqlplus call

I have a .sh file which acts as an all set for a couple of oracle scripts i want to call. Basically it has 3 variables, the user Id, the password, and the oracle instance to connect to.. the problem is I cant seem to get the connection string format properly.. the program essentially is this: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JohnZ1385
1 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

diffrence between method call and function call in perl

Hello, I have a problem with package and name space. require "/Mehran/DSGateEngineLib/general.pl"; use strict; sub System_Status_Main_Service_Status_Intrusion_Prevention { my %idpstatus; my @result; &General_ReadHash("/var/dsg/idp/settings",\%idpstatus); #print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why do I need to call make if I call gcc ?

Why do I need to call make if I call gcc ? I thought gcc already compiles the sources. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus Help

When i run the following script am getiing the output correct but i want to get it in the form of a table, could any one help me please. the script is a s follows count=`sqlplus -s $ORACLE_ACCOUNT << EOF set heading off set wrap on set feedback off column ChangeNumber format a12 column... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhon1257
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus error - sqlplus -s <login/password@dbname> : No such file or directory

i am using bash shell Whenever i declare an array, and then using sqlplus, i am getting sqlplus error and return code 127. IFS="," declare -a Arr=($Variable1); SQLPLUS=sqlplus -s "${DBUSER}"/"${DBPASS}"@"${DBASE} echo "set head off ; " > ${SQLCMD} echo "set PAGESIZE 0 ;" >> ${SQLCMD}... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arghadeep adity
6 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problem on SQLplus command ""bash: sqlplus: command not found""

Hi all, i face an error related to my server ""it's running server"" when i use sqlplus command $ sqlplus bash: sqlplus: command not found the data base is up and running i just need to access the sqlplus to import the dump file as a daily backup. i already check the directory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: clerck
4 Replies
OCI_SET_MODULE_NAME(3)													    OCI_SET_MODULE_NAME(3)

oci_set_module_name - Sets the module name

SYNOPSIS
bool oci_set_module_name (resource $connection, string $module_name) DESCRIPTION
Sets the module name for Oracle tracing. The module name is registered with the database when the next 'roundtrip' from PHP to the database occurs, typically when an SQL statement is executed. The name can subsequently be queried from database administration views such as V$SESSION. It can be used for tracing and monitoring such as with V$SQLAREA and DBMS_MONITOR.SERV_MOD_ACT_STAT_ENABLE. The value may be retained across persistent connections. PARAMETERS
o $connection -An Oracle connection identifier, returned by oci_connect(3), oci_pconnect(3), or oci_new_connect(3). o $module_name - User chosen string up to 48 bytes long. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. NOTES
Note Oracle version requirement This function is available when PHP is linked with Oracle Database libraries from version 10 g onwards. Tip Performance With older versions of OCI8 or the Oracle Database, the client information can be set using the Oracle DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO pack- age. This is less efficient than using oci_set_client_info(3). Caution Roundtrip Gotcha Some but not all OCI8 functions cause roundtrips. Roundtrips to the database may not occur with queries when result caching is enabled. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Setting the module name <?php $c = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); // Record the module oci_set_module_name($c, 'Home Page'); // Code that causes a roundtrip, for example a query: $s = oci_parse($c, 'select * from dual'); oci_execute($s); oci_fetch_all($s, $res); sleep(30); ?> // While the script is running, the administrator can see the // modules in use: sqlplus system/welcome SQL> select module from v$session; SEE ALSO
oci_set_action(3), oci_set_client_info(3), oci_set_client_identifier(3). PHP Documentation Group OCI_SET_MODULE_NAME(3)