Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting error in command line arguments Post 302181478 by ag79 on Thursday 3rd of April 2008 04:58:57 AM
Old 04-03-2008
this is wrong
if [[ $1 != "dm5admin" ]]
here's what is going wrong: shell cant understand the following when u dont pass anything:
if [[ != "dm5admin" ]]

this is what you need
if [ "$1" != "dm5admin" ]

the shell will see this when u dont pass anything
if [ "" != "dm5admin" ]

which it will understand.

*Always* use double quotes when using shell script variable, unless you have a *very* good reason not to.

i dont know what you're trying to do with this script, but putting a password in it is not a great idea. anyway, thats your business.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

command line arguments

Hi How to pass multi line text as a command line argument to a program. (i.e) ./a.out hi this is sample 0 file1 where hi this is sample should be stored in argv 0 in argv and so on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

arguments in command line

Hi all, How many arguments can we pass while testing a prgm at command line.. I encountered an issue while passing 10 arguments. For $10 its taking argument passed for $1 followed by 'zero'. can we pass more than 9 arguments /Is there any other way. Thanks, rrs (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrs
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

command line arguments

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have this while loop and at the end I am trying to get it to tell me the last argument I entered. And with it like this all I get is the sentence with no value for $1. Now I tried moving done after the sentence... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skooly5
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command line arguments.

I am working on a script wherein i need the user to enter the Build ID for eg:the command line will show enter the build ID Now on entering the build ID it should be assigned to @ARGV. How can this be done.? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Varghese
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maximum command line arguments

Hi, Can anyone please help me to know what is the maximum number of command line arguments that we can pass in unix shell script? Thanks in advance, Punitha.S (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: puni
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command line arguments

hi, can someone how to accept command line arguments as a variable using in script? like: ./scriptname arguments by accept arguments, I can use it in my script? thx! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ikeQ
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command Line Arguments - not working

I am new to the world of Unix and shell scripting and have been trying to get the following simple script to work: #!/bin/bash echo "what is your age?" echo "you are $1 years old"I want to be able to enter my age on the command line, when prompted, and it return the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meursault
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

command line arguments

hi,,,, I want to create a command prompt, for example "prompt>", so my prompt need to handle commands, for example "prompt>cmd", so i want to know how to get arguments for my own commands cmd, i.e. default argc should contain arguments count and argv should point to the argument vector i.e, for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vins_89
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command line arguments for addition

Hi all, I am trying to write a code for addition of n numbers which will be passed by the user as command line arguments. I wrote the following code. add=0 for (( i = 1 ; i <= $# ; i++ )) do add=`expr $i + $add` done #echo "sum is : $add" input : $./add.sh 12 32 14... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: PranavEcstasy
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Loop with command line arguments

Ubuntum, Bash version: 4.3.46 Hi, how can I create a loop where the command line arguments change (increase) and every time the number of arguments is different ? ### I have many gene names... that mean gene1=$2, gene2=$3, ...... geneN=$N+1 ### some time the number of gene is 25, other... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: echo manolis
7 Replies
KEEPALIVED(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     KEEPALIVED(8)

NAME
keepalived - load-balancing and high-availability service SYNOPSIS
keepalived [-f|--use-file=FILE] [-P|--vrrp] [-C|--check] [-l|--log-console] [-D|--log-detail] [-S|--log-facility={0-7}] [-V|--dont-release-vrrp] [-I|--dont-release-ipvs] [-R|--dont-respawn] [-n|--dont-fork] [-d|--dump-conf] [-p|--pid=FILE] [-r|--vrrp_pid=FILE] [-c|--checkers_pid=FILE] [-v|--version] [-h|--help] DESCRIPTION
Keepalived provides simple and robust facilities for load-balancing and high-availability. The load-balancing framework relies on well-known and widely used Linux Virtual Server (IPVS) kernel module providing Layer4 load-balancing. Keepalived implements a set of checkers to dynamically and adaptively maintain and manage load-balanced server pool according their health. Keepalived also implements the VRRPv2 protocol to achieve high-availability with director failover. OPTIONS
-f, --use-file=FILE Use the specified configuration file. The default configuration file is "/etc/keepalived/keepalived.conf". -P, --vrrp Only run the VRRP subsystem. This is useful for configurations that do not use IPVS load balancer. -C, --check Only run the healthcheck subsystem. This is useful for configurations that use the IPVS load balancer with a single director with no failover. -l, --log-console Log messages to the local console. The default behavior is to log messages to syslog. -D, --log-detail Detailed log messages. -S, --log-facility=[0-7] Set syslog facility to LOG_LOCAL[0-7]. The default syslog facility is LOG_DAEMON. -V, --dont-release-vrrp Don't remove VRRP VIPs and VROUTEs on daemon stop. The default behavior is to remove all VIPs and VROUTEs when keepalived exits -I, --dont-release-ipvs Don't remove IPVS topology on daemon stop. The default behavior it to remove all entries from the IPVS virtual server table on when keepalived exits. -R, --dont-respawn Don't respawn child processes. The default behavior is to restart the VRRP and checker processes if either process exits. -n, --dont-fork Don't fork the daemon process. This option will cause keepalived to run in the foreground. -d, --dump-conf Dump the configuration data. -p, --pid=FILE Use specified pidfile for parent keepalived process. The default pidfile for keepalived is "/var/run/keepalived.pid". -r, --vrrp_pid=FILE Use specified pidfile for VRRP child process. The default pidfile for the VRRP child process is "/var/run/keepalived_vrrp.pid". -c, --checkers_pid=FILE Use specified pidfile for checkers child process. The default pidfile for the checker child process is "/var/run/keepalived_checkers.pid". -v, --version Display the version and exit. -h, --help Display this help message and exit. SEE ALSO
keepalived.conf(5), ipvsadm(8) AUTHOR
This man page was written by Ryan O'Hara <rohara@redhat.com> November 2012 KEEPALIVED(8)