Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check for lines in a file.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check for lines in a file. Post 302181348 by elijah on Wednesday 2nd of April 2008 05:53:40 PM
Old 04-02-2008
Bug

Thanks unilover.
I was looking at using grep sending to a VAR and getting over complicated with it. I definitely need to learn to use the power of awk. This is what I needed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to check for a file, check for 2hrs. then quit

I wish to seach a Dir for a specific file, once the file is found i will perform additional logic. If the file is not found within two hours, i would like to exit. Logically, I'm looking for the best way to approach this Thanks for any assistance in advance. Note: I'm using a C shell and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmarsh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

check position of end of line for some specific lines

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Have to check in a file that the lines starting with 620 and 705 are ending at same posiotin. 82012345 62023232323 70523949558 62023255454 9999 In the above lines, i have to check the lines starting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senthil_is
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check numeric fields greater than zero, and delete lines if appropriate

This be the latest in my problems sorting through router logs... I'm half way there on a problem, but I've hit the limitation of my knowledge Got some router interface log files of type router01:GigabitEthernet9/24 is up, line protocol is up (connected) router01: 0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yorkie99
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Check & Edit Content of a file (Addition of comma in each lines of code)

Hi all, I need to write an automated bash shell script which performs such operations: 1. Grep the header of everyline with the initial of "T" in "FILE_A" 2. Perform a for loop, Count the numbers of comma in the line of code, if (no. of comma < 17) ADD the comma until 17; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big_nutz
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check EOF char in Unix. OR To check file has been received completely from a remote system

Advance Thanks. (1) I would like to know any unix/Linux command to check EOF char in a file. (2) Or Any way I can check a file has been reached completely at machine B from machine A. Note that machine A ftp/scp the file to machine B at unknown time. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexalex1
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check last lines of different files

Hey, Each night, about 2000 network devices are being backupped. So in different folders, i've got each night 2000 new text files. And normally, in these files, on the last 5 lines, the word 'end' or 'return' should be found. If not, it means that the backup failed. Is there an easy way... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brononius
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to check the latest lines of log in vi editor itself..

Hi Folks, If I open the logs in vi editor but as the logs get update after few seconds and I want to see the latest lines then whats the command to see the latest lines in vi editor itself , lets say I have open a log named abc.log in vi..!! vi abc.log (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SankalpS
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check/Parse log file's lines using time difference/timestamp

I was looking at this script which outputs the two lines which differs less than one sec. #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; use Time::Local; use constant SEC_MILIC => 1000; my $file='infile'; ## Open for reading argument file. open my $fh, "<", $file or die "Cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cele_82
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check Blank Lines, Blank Records and Junk Characters in a File

Hi All Need Help I have a file with the below format (ABC.TXT) : ®¿¿ABCDHEJJSJJ|XCBJSKK01|M|7348974982790 HDFLJDKJSKJ|KJALKSD02|M|7378439274898 KJHSAJKHHJJ|LJDSAJKK03|F|9898982039999 (cont......) I need to write a script where it will check for : blank lines (between rows,before... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatwithsaurav
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all lines in file such that each word on that line appears in at least n lines of the file

I have a file where every line includes four expressions with a caret in the middle (plus some other "words" or fields, always separated by spaces). I would like to extract from this file, all those lines such that each of the four expressions containing a caret appears in at least four different... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: uncleMonty
9 Replies
Mail::DKIM::Algorithm::Base(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Mail::DKIM::Algorithm::Base(3)

NAME
Mail::DKIM::Algorithm::Base - base class for DKIM "algorithms" SYNOPSIS
my $algorithm = new Mail::DKIM::Algorithm::rsa_sha1( Signature => $dkim_signature ); # add headers $algorithm->add_header("Subject: this is the subject1512"); $algorithm->finish_header; # add body $algorithm->add_body("This is the body.1512"); $algorithm->add_body("Another line of the body.1512"); $algorithm->finish_body; # now sign or verify... # TODO... CONSTRUCTOR
You should not create an object of this class directly. Instead, use one of the DKIM algorithm implementation classes, such as rsa_sha1: my $algorithm = new Mail::DKIM::Algorithm::rsa_sha1( Signature => $dkim_signature ); METHODS
add_body() - feeds part of the body into the algorithm/canonicalization $algorithm->add_body("This is the body.1512"); $algorithm->add_body("Another line of the body.1512"); The body should be fed one "line" at a time. add_header() - feeds a header field into the algorithm/canonicalization $algorithm->add_header("Subject: this is the subject1512"); The header must start with the header field name and continue through any folded lines (including the embedded <CRLF> sequences). It terminates with the <CRLF> at the end of the header field. finish_body() - signals the end of the message body $algorithm->finish_body Call this method when all lines from the body have been submitted. After calling this method, use sign() or verify() to get the results from the algorithm. finish_header() - signals the end of the header field block $algorithm->finish_header; Call this method when all the headers have been submitted. sign() - generates a signature using a private key $base64 = $algorithm->sign($private_key); signature() - get/set the signature worked on by this algorithm my $old_signature = $algorithm->signature; $algorithm->signature($new_signature); verify() - verifies a signature $result = $algorithm->verify(); Must be called after finish_body(). The result is a true/false value: true indicates the signature data is valid, false indicates it is invalid. For an invalid signature, details may be obtained from $algorithm->{verification_details} or $@. SEE ALSO
Mail::DKIM AUTHOR
Jason Long, <jlong@messiah.edu> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2005-2007 by Messiah College This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.6 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.16.2 2010-11-14 Mail::DKIM::Algorithm::Base(3)