Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Concatenating records from 2 files Post 302181308 by Powcmptr on Wednesday 2nd of April 2008 02:56:05 PM
Old 04-02-2008
You are correct in your assumption of the concatenation. The files will always have exactly the same number of records because file 3 was built using file 1 as input. Sample input for file1 looks like this =>
400,a_200/1200/3200/amzq4m5.wid Sample input for file3 looks like this =>
,Dec092007 Sample output for file4 should like this =>
400,a_200/1200/3200/amzq4m5.wid,Dec092007

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

concatenating x files into a one...

... i have 4 files to concatenate but in a certain order and i wanted to do it in a shorter one line command , if possible ! 4 files : file , file0 , file1 and file2 file1 into file2 file0 into the result file into the result thanks in advance Christian (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nicol
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatenating static string to records in data file

I just need to add a static ID to each output record so the users will be able to tell which group records in combined flatfiles come from I have the static ID in a bourne variable. I tried awk '{print "${GroupID}" $0}' infile > outfile But I ended up with the string ${GroupID} instead of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillbates
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

negatively concatenating files

That subject might sound weird. What I have is two files. One looks like: rf17 pts/59 Jul 10 08:43 (10.72.11.22) 27718 pts/59 0:00 b rf17 pts/3 Jul 10 10:03 (10.72.11.22) 32278 pts/3 1:43 b rf58 pts/29 Jul 10 10:09 (10.72.11.51) 44220 pts/29 0:06 b rf58 pts/61 Jul 10 08:45 (10.72.11.51)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating two files

HI I need to concatenate two files which are having headers. the result file should contain only the header from first file only and the header in second file have to be skipped. file1: name age sriram 23 file2 name age prabu 25 result file should be name age sriram 23 prabu ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriramprabu
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenating Text Files

Hi, I have 30 text files on UNIX that I need to concatenate and create one big file. Could anyone provide me with a solution (if one exist)? I need the answer asap (today). Thanks a lot. Denis (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 222001459
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files with different number of records and output only the Extra records from file1

Hi Freinds , I have 2 files . File 1 |nag|HYd|1|Che |esw|Gun|2|hyd |pra|bhe|3|hyd |omu|hei|4|bnsj |uer|oeri|5|uery File 2 |nag|HYd|1|Che |esw|Gun|2|hyd |uer|oi|3|uery output : (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating 3 files into a single file

I have 3 files File1 C1 C2 c3 File 2 C1 c2 c3 File 3 C1 c2 c3 Now i want to have File1 as C1 c2 c3 I File2 as C1 c2 c3 O File3 as c1 c2 c3 D and these 3 files should be concatenated into a single file how can it be done in unix script? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Codesearcher
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating two files in required format

Firstly one of my mysql queries will yeild following output +-------+---------------------+-------------------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | ID | PLATFORM | SORT_NAME | DESCRIPTION ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies
trpt(8c)																  trpt(8c)

Name
       trpt - transliterate protocol trace

Syntax
       trpt [ -a ] [ -s ]  [ -t ] [ -j ] [ -p hex-address ] [ system [ core ] ]

Description
       The command interrogates the buffer of TCP trace records created when a socket is marked for debugging and prints a readable description of
       these records.

Options
       When no options are supplied, prints all the trace records found in the system grouped according to TCP connection protocol  control  block
       (PCB).  The following options may be used to alter this behavior:

-s     In addition to the normal output, prints a detailed description of the packet sequencing information.

-t     In addition to the normal output, prints the values for all timers at each point in the trace.

-j     Gives a list of the protocol control block addresses for which there are trace records.

-p     Shows only trace records associated with the protocol control block whose address follows.

-a     In addition to the normal output, prints the values of the source and destination addresses for each packet recorded.

The recommended use of is to isolate the problem and enable debugging on the socket(s) involved in the connection.  Find the address of the
       protocol control blocks associated with the sockets using the -A option to Then run with the -p option, supplying the  associated  protocol
       control block addresses.  If there are many sockets using the debugging option, the -j option may be useful in checking to see if any trace
       records are present for the socket in question.

If debugging is being performed on a system or core file other than the default, the last  two  arguments  may  be  used  to  supplant  the
       defaults.

Diagnostics
       no namelist
       The system image does not contain the proper symbols to find the trace buffer.

Other diagnostic messages are self-explanatory.

Files
See Also
       netstat(1), setsockopt(2)

trpt(8c)