Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help needed ....
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed .... Post 302181243 by newbee1 on Wednesday 2nd of April 2008 12:00:40 PM
Old 04-02-2008
Thank you very much ...(one moer query...)

It works perfectly ...
however...
what should i do if my file name (in /home/data) is like the following.
qwerty_asdfg_0010_12.txt

and the home/file is
qwerty Thankyou

so that i will get the result as Thankyou_asdfg_0010_12.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help is needed

Hi I'm trying to print a directories struct tree that will look like this: A _a _b _B __c __d __C ___e B _a _b I'm doing a recursion, but how can I know how much space is needed before printing after the recursion? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abcde
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed

Hello I am a newbie and want to learn unix . Does unix and linux are one and same. I have red hat linux cd but i want to take advice from some one wheather unix and linux are same. If not ,where i'll get a Unix os setup and how i'll install it. If linux would do then how should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hunter87
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed

HI can any one help me with the appropriate answers for the below: 1.Enter an # before a command and press .what do you see,and how do you think you can take advantage of the behaviour? 2.Is tar -cvfb20foo.tar*.c legitimate or not.will this command work without the - symbol? 3.The command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akhil1460
1 Replies

4. AIX

Little help needed.

Hello, I am quite new to AIX, but have Linux experience. Iam facing a peoblem with AIX 5.2 running on a 43p Model 150 (RS6000). I tried everyting and i cant have the network to run properly. :confused: /etc/hosts looks like this: 127.0.0.1 loopback localhost 192.168.XXX.XXX... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Netghost
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

little help needed..

hi everyone i'm a noob trying to learn unix language.. but seems like i got no leads on how to start.. i'm playing with the 'ps' command.. i'm trying to show the pid, ppid, username, command, cpu utilization (in desc order), process start time and process status.. all in a command.. am i able... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hilofat
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed please.

i've been given an assignment to Write a system utility called recycle that satisfies the following requirements as they might be displayed in a UNIX/Linux man page: NAME recycle - stores files in a recycle bin SYNOPSIS recycle ... DESCRIPTION Recycle is a replacement for the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerryboy78
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed...

Guys, There is a file where there are 1000s of records. In the file if some condition satisfies in a certain TAB record (TAB would be first 3 digits of a certain record) then move TAB and all the records (or lines) after TAB to new_file, until another TAB record is encountered in the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prat007
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed

please reply for this https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/111493-cutting-lines.html its really urgent (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jojo123
1 Replies

9. Linux

Help needed

hi experts, i am a beginner in AIX..recently got a chance to work with unix team. we have an interface server through which we connect to production servers.. there were lot of files inside root (/) of that interface server owned by different ppl...by mistake i changed the ownership and group of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinimerwe
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed

First of all, let me state that I am a windows admin. I have a windows share mounted to /mnt/server I need a script that will either login as sudo or perform commands with sudo rights. I need the script to copy all of the users /home folders to the mounted windows share. Now If I can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EricM
2 Replies
XTERMCONTROL(1) 						   User Commands						   XTERMCONTROL(1)

NAME
xtermcontrol - dynamic control of XFree86 xterm properties. SYNOPSIS
xtermcontrol [OPTIONS]... DESCRIPTION
xtermcontrol makes it easy to change colors, title, font and geometry of a running XFree86 xterm(1), as well as to report the current set- tings of the aforementioned properties. Window manipulations de-/iconify, raise/lower, maximize/restore and reset are also supported. To complete the feature set; xtermcontrol lets advanced users issue any xterm control sequence of their choosing. OPTIONS
--fg=COLOR Set foreground color (see also COLOR NAMES). --bg=COLOR Set background color. --colorN=COLOR Set N'th [0-15] color. --highlight=COLOR Set highlight color. --cursor=COLOR Set cursor color. --mouse-fg=COLOR Set mouse pointer foreground color. --mouse-bg=COLOR Set mouse pointer background color. --font=FONT Set font name (see also FONT NAMES). Alternatively it is possible to specify a fontmenu index as '#[0-6]' or navigate the fontmenu by relative sizes as '#+N' or '#-N', where N is an optional integer. --title=STRING Set window title. Note that mechanisms like the bash(1) PROMPT_COMMAND may overwrite the title. --geometry=WIDTHxHEIGHT+XOFF+YOFF Set size and/or position. Through its control sequences the xterm only recognize positive XOFF and YOFF offsets, which are pixels relative to the upper left hand corner of the display. xtermcontrol is therefore unable to handle negative offsets as described in the X(7x) GEOMETRY SPECIFICATIONS and therefore truncates negative values to zero. --get-fg Report foreground color. --get-bg Report background color. --get-colorN Report N'th [0-15] color. --get-highlight Report highlight color. --get-cursor Report cursor color. --get-mouse-fg Report mouse pointer foreground color. --get-mouse-bg Report mouse pointer background color. --get-font Report font. --get-title Report window title. --get-geometry Report size and position. The size of the text area is reported in characters and the position is reported in pixels relative to the upper left hand corner of the display. --maximize Maximize window. --restore Restore maximized window. --iconify Iconify window. --de-iconify De-iconify window. --raise Raise window. --lower Lower window. --reset Full reset. --raw=CTLSEQS Issue raw control sequence (see also XTERM CONTROL SEQUENCES). --file=FILE Force xtermcontrol to read configurations (see also CONFIGURATION) from FILE instead of the standard personal initialization file ~/.xtermcontrol. --force, -f Skip TERM environment variable check. --verbose, -v Print verbose reports. --help, -h Print help message and exit. --version Print the version number and exit. CONFIGURATION
xtermcontrol reads a default, ~/.xtermcontrol, or a user specified configuration file on startup. Each line in the file is either a com- ment or contains an attribute. Attributes consist of a keyword and an associated value: keyword = value # comment The valid keyword/value combinations are: foreground="COLOR" background="COLOR" highlight="COLOR" cursor="COLOR" mouse-foreground="COLOR" mouse-background="COLOR" geometry="WIDTHxHEIGHT+XOFF+YOFF" font="FONT" color0="COLOR" color1="COLOR" color2="COLOR" color3="COLOR" color4="COLOR" color5="COLOR" color6="COLOR" color7="COLOR" color8="COLOR" color9="COLOR" color10="COLOR" color11="COLOR" color12="COLOR" color13="COLOR" color14="COLOR" color15="COLOR" Whitespace is ignored in attributes unless within a quoted value. The character '#' is taken to begin a comment. Each '#' and all remaining characters on that line is ignored. FONT NAMES
xtermcontrol accepts any X(7x) FONT NAMES. Font names like '-adobe-courier-medium-r-normal--10-100-75-75-m-60-iso8859-1' are very cumber- some to write, so it is convenient to make use of aliases, e.g. 'fixed' or '8x13', if present in fonts.alias files of the font directo- ries. COLOR NAMES
xtermcontrol accepts any X(7x) COLOR NAMES. Basically this means that colors are specified by name or rgb value, e.g. 'blue', 'rgb:0000/0000/FFFF' or '#00F'. Colors are typically reported by the xterm in a device-dependent numerical form, e.g. 'rgb:0000/0000/FFFF'. Note that old syntax rgb values should always be quoted to avoid '#' being interpreted as the beginning of a comment by the shell (see also FILES). XTERM CONTROL SEQUENCES
The secret behind xtermcontrol is xterm control sequences. All the possible (there are a plethora of them) control sequences are documented in ctlseqs.txt, found in the xterm(1) distribution (see also FILES). TROUBLESHOOTING
If read/write permissions on the tty's are changed so that special group membership is required to be able to write to the pseudo terminal, the easiest workaround is to install xtermcontrol setuid root. Xterm(1) has three resources, allowWindowOps, allowTitleOps, and allowFontOps, that enables or disables special operations which xtermcon- trol relies on. If any of these resources are set (or defaults) to 'false' xtermcontrol may hang. The resources corresponds to xtermcon- trol options as: allowWindowOps: --raise --lower --restore --maximize --iconify --de-iconify --get-title --geometry --get-geometry allowTitleOps: --title allowFontOps: --font --get-font All three resources can usually be enabled for the current xterm session via a menu; ctrl+rightclick and look for menu item names like 'Allow Window Ops'. To set these resource values persistently you can add the following to either your local ~/.Xdefaults file, or to a system-wide resource file like /etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm: *VT100.allowWindowOps: true *VT100.allowTitleOps: true *VT100.allowFontOps: true FILES
<XRoot>/X11/rgb.txt Default rgb color name file location. ctlseqs.txt Xterm control sequences documentation. Distributed with xterm from http://dickey.his.com/xterm/ SEE ALSO
xterm(1), X(7x) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2009 Jess Thrysoee <jess@thrysoee.dk> xtermcontrol 2.10 October 17, 2009 XTERMCONTROL(1)