Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to convert Fixed length file to delimited file. Post 302181101 by aigles on Wednesday 2nd of April 2008 05:21:20 AM
Old 04-02-2008
With gawk you can do :
Code:
awk -v FIELDWIDTHS='4 1 10 1 4 4' -v OFS=',' '{ $1=$1 ""; print }' inputfile

Jean-Pierre.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert delimited to fixed length

Hi, I have to change a tab delimited file to a fixed length file. For text fields I need to left justify and NULL fill to the right and for number fields I need to right justify and zero fill to the left. If there are spaces between words in a text field I need to keep them as spaces. I am using... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: nelson553011
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert XML file into Text file(fixed length)

If someone out there could help me out with this problem. I would really appreciate it. I am trying to convert xml into text file(fixed length) using Unix Borne shell scripts. My xml file: <root> <header_rec recordtype="00"> <record_id>00</record_id> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram2s2001
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert fixed length file to CSV

Newbie Looking for a script to convert my input file to delimited text file. Not familier with AWK or shell programing. Below is sample record in my input file and the expected output format. My OS is HPUX 11.23. Thanks in advance for your assistance. tbtbs input file:... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: tbtbs
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What the command to find out the record length of a fixed length file?

I want to find out the record length of a fixed length file? I forgot the command. Any body know? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tranq01
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert a tab delimited/variable length file to fixed length file

Hi, all. I need to convert a file tab delimited/variable length file in AIX to a fixed lenght file delimited by spaces. This is the input file: 10200002<tab>US$ COM<tab>16/12/2008<tab>2,3775<tab>2,3783 19300978<tab>EURO<tab>16/12/2008<tab>3,28523<tab>3,28657 And this is the expected... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Everton_Silveir
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting fixed length file to delimited file

hi , i need to convert fixed length file to delimited file using unix where length of each column is variable (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nishithinfy
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

convert # delimited text file to fixed width

Hello gurus, I have a file containing 5 columns delimited by '#' as shown in the example below: HRP1000-PLVAR#HRP1000-OTYPE#HRP1000-OBJID#HRP1000-BEGDA#HRP1000-ENDDA# 99991231#AU7129#000000000#1 PROCTER & GAMBLE# 99991231#TT4283#1000013883#21111 LAUNDRY# 99991231#TT4283#1000013884#21121 DISH... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chumsky
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fixed length to delimited file conversion

Hi All, I need to convert a fixed length file to a delimited file with , (comma). But not all columns, some of the columns in the fixed files are used as fillers and I do not need that in the output file. test_fixed_len.txt I 0515 MR 394 I 0618 MR & MRS 942 I 0618 MR & MRS... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: member2014
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert variable length record to fixed length

Hi Team, I have an issue to split the file which is having special chracter(German Char) using awk command. I have a different length records in a file. I am separating the files based on the length using awk command. The command is working fine if the record is not having any... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anthuvan
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert a fixed width file to a delimited file

Hi - this is a generic question .... is there any utility which can convert a fixed width file format to a delimited file (any given character delimited) ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: i4ismail
5 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)