Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Clock in Unix using awk
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Clock in Unix using awk Post 302181084 by alex_omul on Wednesday 2nd of April 2008 04:49:26 AM
Old 04-02-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishmaths
Looks like a homework problem.

Have you tried date, though?
It is a homework problem Smilie. The thing is we only started learning UNIX this semester, and i really have trouble learning it. Could you please send me the source code for the problem? i'm really need this done by tomorow Smilie... Thanks in advance!

Alex.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

7 segement LCD unix clock

Hi, Anyone ever write a unix clock program that display the clock out in 7 segment LCD style. I tried doing one with case statements: !/usr/bin/ksh clock=`date` case $clock in #This prints out the number 0 0) echo " -" echo "| |" echo echo "| |" echo " -" ;; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astudent
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clock Trouble

Hey ppl, i was wonddering, in mandrake, how to get the clok to display the time in non-military format....hehe thank you im just tired of looking at 18:00 hehe thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LolapaloL
2 Replies

3. Programming

clock() function

Hey all, i need a program to get the CPU ticks at certain points of my program. So, i thought about using the clock function, but i'm having a hard time figuring out how it really works. I wrote this simple program to try to understand it but it made me feel more confused: #include <stdio.h>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kastrup_carioca
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sincronization clock unix with windows server..

hi all... how i can sincronization clock solaris server with windows server....both servers i connected in the same network... thank you.... Best Regards... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanfle
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

clock change

Hi We had a AIX box built last year but was set to the correct GMT time, but using DST time zone. In march this year the clocks went forward without issues. (if I remember a couple of weeks early due to the DST zone) This year we decided to change the clock to the correct time zone before... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: markab2
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Bugs with clock()

Hi there!!! Need your help in solving some tricky problems. Since clock() as such is buggy on SUN OS 5 we have started using gettimeofday() in our RTOS applications based on Solaris 9. The problems we actually encountered previously were - the applications kind of freeze/hang eternally on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smanu
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Real time of a clock for every 60 seconds in unix

hi can any one guide me on how to display real time of a clock in unix for every 60 seconds (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramnadh_babu
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Showing Clock

Is it possible to display the clock (timing) on the screen all the time. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino.paal
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

The UNIX clock/timer interrupt

The book The Design of the Unix Operating System speaks of a clock or timer that is used in scheduling. The clock generates interrupts that update priority information for processes and preempt processes in a round-robin fashion. It's apparent that this "clock" is not the same thing as the CPU... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
1 Replies
OCLOCK(1)						      General Commands Manual							 OCLOCK(1)

NAME
oclock - round X clock SYNOPSIS
oclock [-option ... ] DESCRIPTION
Oclock simply displays the current time on an analog display. OPTIONS
-fg color choose a different color for the both hands and the jewel of the clock -bg color choose a different color for the background. -jewel color choose a different color for the jewel on the clock. -minute color choose a different color for the minute hand of the clock. -hour color choose a different color for the hour hand of the clock. -backing { WhenMapped Always NotUseful } selects an appropriate level of backing store. -geometry geometry define the initial window geometry; see X(7). -display display specify the display to use; see X(7). -bd color choose a different color for the window border. -bw width choose a different width for the window border. As the Clock widget changes its border around quite a bit, this is most usefully set to zero. -shape causes the clock to use the Shape extension to create an oval window. This is the default unless the shapeWindow resource is set to false. -noshape causes the clock to not reshape itself and ancestors to exactly fit the outline of the clock. -transparent causes the clock to consist only of the jewel, the hands, and the border. COLORS
If you would like your clock to be viewable in color, include the following in the #ifdef COLOR section you read with xrdb: *customization: -color This will cause oclock to pick up the colors in the app-defaults color customization file: /usr/lib/X11/app-defaults/Clock-color. Below are the default colors: Clock*Background: grey Clock*BorderColor: light blue Clock*hour: yellow Clock*jewel: yellow Clock*minute: yellow SEE ALSO
X(7), X Toolkit documentation AUTHOR
Keith Packard, MIT X Consortium X Version 11 oclock 1.0.3 OCLOCK(1)