Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to check and report database file sizes... Post 302181068 by marconi on Wednesday 2nd of April 2008 03:52:40 AM
Old 04-02-2008
Script to check and report database file sizes...

Need help for a script to check and report database file sizes.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for file names/sizes

How can I look at a certain directory and list all the file names, locations and sizes of each file in the current directory and all subdirectories? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmiths001
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for checking and reporting file sizes in a directory.

Hi, Need help for a Script for checking and reporting database file sizes in a directory. Request you to please give your valuable inputs. Thanks a lot in advance. Best Regards, Marconi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marconi
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I check using shell-script if an item is available in a database?

Input for the program is a text file consisting of n no. of items. I want search each item in a database and the existing parts should go to FOUND folder and the others should go to NOTFOUND folder. Pls help me in this. Thank u. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smarty86
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking file sizes in script

Hi, I'm trying to check a filesize within a script and then excute a relevant action. An example is below: if then rm $filename rm $filename2 elif then rm $filename2 fi Basically if $filename2 has a filesize of 0 then I want both files to be removed, but... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to compare file sizes

I need to write a bash script larger X Y that compares the sizes of two specified files X and Y, and reports which file is larger. For example, if X is larger, the output should be "File X is larger", while if Y is larger, the output should be "File Y is larger". If the files are exactly the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: julia_21436
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using csh / awk / sed to compare database sizes in a txt file

Hello, I have an output file showing database sizes across the 3 environments that I use (LIVE, TEST & DEVELOPMENT). I am trying to write a script that lets me know if the size of a db on one environment is different to its corresponding db on the other environments. Here is an example... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevie_g
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to report database home in unix

Hello: I am trying to build a ksh shell script which would summarize space occupied by "product" directory under /u*/app/oracle and summarize and report the total size occupied by it in one server. Environment is this... HP UNIX 11i Korn Shell some thing like ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sam1974
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check the health of a database

need a script to check the health of a session server database. It must read the data base and send an alert if the database is unavailable. If its unavailable, we will want to bring down the database listener to force failover. can u guyz help me in doing this. what information do i need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: remo999
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export data from database in Excel sheet with the help of Shell script and automated the report

Export data from database in Excel sheet with the help of Shell script and automated the report every day in the mornig. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neeraj617
1 Replies
defncopy(1)							 FreeTDS Utilities						       defncopy(1)

NAME
defncopy - extract procedures and views from a Microsoft server. SYNOPSIS
defncopy [-U username] [-P password] [-S server] [-D database] [-i input_file] [-o output_file] [-v] [owner.]object_name [[owner.]object_name...] DESCRIPTION
defncopy is a utility program distributed with FreeTDS. It replaces a similar program of the same name distributed by Sybase. defncopy reads the text of a stored procedure or view, and writes a script suitable for recreating the procedure or view. For tables, it reads the output of sp_help and constructs a CREATE TABLE statement, complete with CREATE INDEX, too. OBJECTS
owner is optional if you or the database owner is the owner of the procedure/view being copied. object_name is the name of the system object you wish to extract. OPTIONS
-U username database server login name. -P password database server password. -S server database server to which to connect. -D database database to use. Optional if the procedure/view being extracted is in your default database. -i input_file a script to apply to the database. Not currently implemented. -o output_file a file to hold the script, defaults to standard output. -v Show version information and copyright notice. NOTES
defncopy is a filter; it reads from standard input, writes to standard output, and writes errors to standard error. The -i and -o options override these, of course. defncopy makes use of the db-lib API provided by FreeTDS. This API is of course also available to application developers. EXIT STATUS
defncopy exits 0 on success, and >0 if the server cannot process the query. defncopy will report any errors returned by the server, but will continue processing. HISTORY
defncopy first appeared in FreeTDS 0.63. AUTHORS
The defncopy utility was written by James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org> BUGS
Works only with Microsoft servers and ancient Sybase servers. Does not create primary keys. Many options are defined by Sybase that this version does not implement. Feel free to correct this situation. In theory, defncopy could apply/produce DDL for any system object, but at present only tables, procedures and views are supported, and only for extraction. doc 13 November 2011 defncopy(1)