Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: share memory on linux
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat share memory on linux Post 302180938 by melanie_pfefer on Tuesday 1st of April 2008 02:01:17 PM
Old 04-01-2008
thanks for the replies.

ipcrm -m must be followed by shmid. how to get this id?

Also, I tried to set "kernel.shmseg" to 10 in /etc/sysctl.conf:

/sbin/sysctl -p
error: "kernel.shmseg" is an unknown key

Any idea how to set the kernel.shmseg?

I am using RHEL 4.
thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mount Linux share onto Sco 5.0.6

I've got a Sco 5.0.6 box and an Ubuntu box on my network. i want to backup certain directories onto a share on the Ubuntu box. how do i mount a linux share onto the Sco box? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sall
1 Replies

2. Linux

how i can share the file between unix or linux in windows ??

hello everybody i have one quetion :( about how i can share my file in windows to use it in linux explane i have to opreating system windows xp and linux fedore core and unix ( sun solaris 10 ) and i want to open me file that is storege in windows <<< want to open it in unix or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msn22
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

share directory from linux to unix

hello,:b: I want to share a directory from Linux server to Unix server, i did it before for Unix servers only , first server: share -F nfs /backup second server: mount -F nfs 192.1.1.208:/backup / but i can't find share command in linux, we tried to use samba but it doesn't works. any... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagigg
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

unable to mount windows share on linux 5.1

Hi, I am using redhat linux 5.1 - 64bit, using command mount -t cifs //192.192.192.192/SW/Ex /192.192.192.192 -o username=test I am getting below error. mount: block device //192.192.192.192/SW/Ex is write-protected, mounting read-only mount: cannot mount block device... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help to access windows share from linux box

how to access windows share from a linux box windows machin is in different workgroup so how to pass credentials whil acessing a share from a script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I just wanted to share this bash script for linux

If your Unix box doesn't support bash scripts then do not do the following. Create a file named version. type chmod 755 version and then copy and paste the code below into the file. Then type "mv version /bin" and presto, type version. A cool full hearty command. If you know more about you're Os... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Errigour
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Samba share problem in Linux 6.4

Hi , In samba i have shared my home directory, but its showing as a printer. Not able to share data. $ smbclient -L 192.168.122.1 Enter priyank's password: Domain= OS= Server= Sharename Type Comment --------- ---- ------- shared_priyank Printer ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priy
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to determine share name of Linux server?

Hi, How to determine share name of Linux server ? OS version is RHL 6.5 Regards, Maddy (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mounting Windows Share to Linux Server

Hi Folks - I need to mount a Windows Share to a Linux server. What is the best/easiest way to do this? Is this 'how-to' guide accurate: How to Share Files Between Windows and Linux Or is there a better method you could share? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
8 Replies
IPCRM(1)							   User Commands							  IPCRM(1)

NAME
ipcrm - remove certain IPC resources SYNOPSIS
ipcrm [options] ipcrm {shm|msg|sem} id... DESCRIPTION
ipcrm removes System V inter-process communication (IPC) objects and associated data structures from the system. In order to delete such objects, you must be superuser, or the creator or owner of the object. System V IPC objects are of three types: shared memory, message queues, and semaphores. Deletion of a message queue or semaphore object is immediate (regardless of whether any process still holds an IPC identifier for the object). A shared memory object is only removed after all currently attached processes have detached (shmdt(2)) the object from their virtual address space. Two syntax styles are supported. The old Linux historical syntax specifies a three-letter keyword indicating which class of object is to be deleted, followed by one or more IPC identifiers for objects of this type. The SUS-compliant syntax allows the specification of zero or more objects of all three types in a single command line, with objects speci- fied either by key or by identifier (see below). Both keys and identifiers may be specified in decimal, hexadecimal (specified with an initial '0x' or '0X'), or octal (specified with an initial '0'). The details of the removes are described in shmctl(2), msgctl(2), and semctl(2). The identifiers and keys can be found by using ipcs(1). OPTIONS
-a, --all [shm] [msg] [sem] Remove all resources. When an option argument is provided, the removal is performed only for the specified resource types. Warn- ing! Do not use -a if you are unsure how the software using the resources might react to missing objects. Some programs create these resources at startup and may not have any code to deal with an unexpected disappearance. -M, --shmem-key shmkey Remove the shared memory segment created with shmkey after the last detach is performed. -m, --shmem-id shmid Remove the shared memory segment identified by shmid after the last detach is performed. -Q, --queue-key msgkey Remove the message queue created with msgkey. -q, --queue-id msgid Remove the message queue identified by msgid. -S, --semaphore-key semkey Remove the semaphore created with semkey. -s, --semaphore-id semid Remove the semaphore identified by semid. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. NOTES
In its first Linux implementation, ipcrm used the deprecated syntax shown in the second line of the SYNOPSIS. Functionality present in other *nix implementations of ipcrm has since been added, namely the ability to delete resources by key (not just identifier), and to respect the same command-line syntax. For backward compatibility the previous syntax is still supported. SEE ALSO
ipcmk(1), ipcs(1), msgctl(2), msgget(2), semctl(2), semget(2), shmctl(2), shmdt(2), shmget(2), ftok(3) AVAILABILITY
The ipcrm command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux July 2014 IPCRM(1)