Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script for Country Codes
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Script for Country Codes Post 302180845 by zanetti321 on Tuesday 1st of April 2008 10:32:28 AM
Old 04-01-2008

Dear Era

Thanks for your reply; just i want to check on a certain issue:

Regarding mapping.txt files it will contain large number of country codes ; so will this affect or it is ok?

Regarding your code what i understand that the first block is loading the mapping.txt into hash then the second block is reading my lines and matching it with the hash contents

If you please tell me the meaning of each line just to understand if this will disturb you so no problem.

Thanks for co-operation
Zanetti

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Country Codes script faster response ;please help

Dear all I have group of input lines which look like this These input lines is placed in a file named phonelines.txt and there is a script which match $4 and $5 with country codes placed in another file named country-codes.txt and its contents is : Italy 39 Libyana 21892 Thuraya... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: zanetti321
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

whois country help

Hello folks, I have list of ips like 1.1.1.1 2.2.2.2 3.3.3.3 4.4.4.4 whois 1.1.1.1 |grep -E 'country|Country' it show country=US or whatever. so i have number of ips in text file, how i can use above script to automate output like 1.1.1.1 US 2.2.2.2 CA 3.3.3.3 FR (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

'watch' not interpreting escape codes in bash script

Hi there, I'm fairly new to bash scripting and already having some troubles. I'm making a script that can print some series of strings in colors based in the information of a file, for simplicity let's say it only does: #!/bin/bash printf "\eWhen you execute this in the command line it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arashi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Shell Script Exit Codes

Here is my daily stupid question: How can I tell a script to only execute if the other scripts exits successfully? So "script A" executes and it executes successfully (0),then "script B" will run or else "script A "executes and it exits unsucessfully (1) then "script B" will read return... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ip 2 country sorting[solved]

Dear folks. I have list of ip address from different country, i would like check from script this ip address belong to which country, please suggest any command, i have more than 200 ip address so i need to do it via script. Script will show me country code and its City if possible? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
0 Replies

6. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Registering from blocked country

Hi, I'm come from Vietnam and want to join to Unix forum just because I like Unix programming and want to learning more. My IP is allocate by DHCP server so it is dynamic. Here is my desired username and my email: Username: lucasdo Email: rennersstar@gmail.com Thank you very much for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasdo
0 Replies
APT-SPY.CONF(5) 						File Formats Manual						   APT-SPY.CONF(5)

NAME
apt-spy.conf - configuration file for apt-spy(8) DESCRIPTION
apt-spy.conf is the configuration file for apt-spy(8). It consists of a series of area labels, followed by a list of countries belonging to that label. Whitespace is ignored. Comments may be added anywhere, and begin with the hash ('#') character. Once a hash character is encountered, the rest of the line is ignored. A label consists of any alphanumeric characters, and ends with a colon character (':'). The label must be on a line by itself (excluding comments). Following a label are a list of country codes (one per line) of countries belonging to that label. Each country has a unique two-letter country code corresponding to its top level domain identifier. This is the same as the ISO3166 code. You can find the country code for a specific country either by looking at /var/lib/apt-spy/mirrors.txt, or by looking at the commented examples in the default apt-spy.conf. Labels cannot exist within labels. The end of a label section is signaled by the start of a new one, or by the end of file. Any valid label existing in apt-spy.conf can be specified to apt-spy using the '-a' option. apt-spy will then proceed to benchmark the mirrors in the list of countries associated with that label. EXAMPLES
This is an example of a valid apt-spy.conf file: USUK: GB # United Kingdom US # United States Australia: AU France-Germany-Netherlands: FR DE NL There is a default configuration file included with apt-spy. For further examples, and for a list of valid country codes, please refer to this. SEE ALSO
apt-spy(8), apt(8), sources.list(5) 20th May, 2003 APT-SPY.CONF(5)