Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX change user id from 200 to 202 Post 302180807 by bakunin on Tuesday 1st of April 2008 07:55:55 AM
Old 04-01-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead
# chown xyz `find / -uid 200`

This might or might not work, depending on the number of files found that way. The following will work regardless of how many files there are:

Code:
find / -uid 200 -exec chown <username>:<usergroup> {} \;

I hope this helps.

bakunin

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i change to super user then revert back to ordinary user ,using shell script?

Hi all, I am trying to eject the cdrom from a livecd after certain stage... Now assuming that it is possible to eject,please consider my issue!!! The OS boots into a regular user by default...so i am unable to use the eject command to push out the drive... However if i try pfexec eject it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
3 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

310-202 question

Hi guys, i need help : The system admin wants to configure user_attr(4)sources in the /etc/nsswitch.conf Which line needs to be configured? a: passwd b: user_attr The answer is A but wait !! I did a man nsswitch.conf and user_attr is a valid database ( at least for soalris 10) ,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary0011
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change user> to user@host> ssh prompt

Hi, I was wondering how to change the prompt for my ssh login. At the moment it is like user> while I'd like it to be as user@host> It is in the .bash_profile or .ssh ??? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmasterkim
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 310-202 Question

Hello All, Below I'm posting a question regarding a possible Solaris 10 310-202 exam question that I think is wrong. I do not agree that the answer is B. The inetadm command does not even have a flag/option of -a. Can anyone provide any assistance? Thanks! You've tried connecting to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VeeDub78
2 Replies

5. AIX

How to change normal user id to LDAP user id?

If I create a new user id test: mkuser id=400 test then I want it to LDAP user: chuser -R LDAP SYSTEM=LDAP registry=LDAP test It shows: 3004-687 User "test" does not exist. How to do? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
4 Replies