Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bugs with clock()
Operating Systems Solaris Bugs with clock() Post 302180753 by smanu on Tuesday 1st of April 2008 04:17:16 AM
Old 04-01-2008
Bugs with clock()

Hi there!!!

Need your help in solving some tricky problems.

Since clock() as such is buggy on SUN OS 5 we have started using gettimeofday() in our RTOS applications based on Solaris 9.

The problems we actually encountered previously were - the applications kind of freeze/hang eternally on some Solaris hosts(Sun Fire V215). The problem is as such inconsitent both with respect to frequency & also host type.

Using gettimeofday() has solved us these inconsitent freezing problems
on various hosts(Sun-Fire-V215, SUN Blade).

So far so good :-) .

But sadly, those same old problems are recurring on Sun-Fire-V445 machines!!!

Now, the question!
Do you have any idea if we have any specific version of clock that can be used on Sun-Fire_V445?

My idea was that clock() & the patches/problems there off are basically dependant on OS version & the processor type should not really matter.

But it keeps me surprised that, using original buggy clock() works on V445.
So we need a common solution that works on all hosts.

Your help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to your answers!

Please let me know if you need further information, if I was not specific anywhere.

/smanu.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it a bugs for find command? :(

Hi! When i am trying to use find command to seacrh files in current directory, it help me to search for it sub-directory also. Is there anyway to avoid it? I am using unix operating system. My friend told me that only linux did handle this, is it true? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AkumaTay
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bugs in my new Ubuntu installation

I recently bought a new HP Spectre x360 laptop and installed Linux (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit) for the first time. I am seeing various bugs. I don't know if the problems are due to: (a) Hardware problems with the new laptop. (b) Software issues, i.e. Ubuntu not working with the other... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: twelth_hour
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Getting started with fixing bugs for Linux

Okay I want to try my luck at fixing bugs for the Fedora OS, but I guess this question deals with any Linux distro or any open source OS for that matter. I want to know how I can start fixing bugs on the OS level. For example the particular bug that I want to target is this logout bug I mean... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyan32
6 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Meltdown and Spectre CPU bugs

This seems a bit serious: Meltdown, Spectre: The password theft bugs at the heart of Intel CPUs • The Register Vulnerability Note VU#584653 - CPU hardware vulnerable to side-channel attacks Project Zero: Reading privileged memory with a side-channel (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scrutinizer
8 Replies
buici-clock(1)						      General Commands Manual						    buici-clock(1)

NAME
buici-clock - attractive X11 clock SYNOPSIS
buici-clock [ -geometry geometry ] DESCRIPTION
buici-clock displays an attractive, analog, X11 clock. Among the many digital clocks and analog clocks with peculiar display artifacts, buici-clock intends to stand out as a stylish, low-overhead clock. OPTIONS
-geometry geometry This standard X11 options specifies the position and size of the clock; see X(1). USAGE
What's to say. This release of buici-clock offers no customizable features. It has a white clock face, black markers, a black border, and a red second hand with a circular pointer. The minute and hour hands are black and rectangular. Some may recognize the form from Swiss railway clocks. RESOURCES
Because this program doesn't use a toolkit, it recognizes only the resources specified here. showSecondHand Is a boolean indicating whether or not the second hand will display. Note that in the current version of buici-clock, disabling the second hand does not prevent an update of the clock face every second. AUTHOR
Marc Singer <elf@debian.org> SEE ALSO
X(1) Debian GNU/Linux 21-October-1998 buici-clock(1)