Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: find command sort options?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers find command sort options? Post 302180566 by tpltp on Monday 31st of March 2008 01:29:45 PM
Old 03-31-2008
I have tried in the bash, and ls can use the pattern[0-9] as a filter.

Are you sure there are files matched the pattern in the specified directory?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command with prune and exec options

Hi, I'm using the following command to get a list of files on the system. find /releases -type f -exec ls -l > /home/sebarry/list.txt '{}' \; however, its searching a directory I don't want it to search so I know I have to use prune but I don't seem to be able to get prune and exec to work... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sebarry
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

options in FIND utility

hi folks, I want to select all files older than 13 days from a specified directory for that i used find /home/amar -name '*.*' -mtime 13 but it gives me all the files from subdirectories also, I dont want that I want files only from /home/amar and not from /home/amar/abc/.. which... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarnath
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me to sort kill options...

Hi All, I knew you all will scold me after reading this thread, but i got stuck in the definition and usage of kill, so begging all your pardon. I have a java process, which used to create small threads/sub process....so i want to kill that main java by kill -0 <pid>...... so that 1st it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to sort directories after a recursive find

find -type d -name "TC_*" | sort That's what I have so far... it finds the appropriate directories and then sorts them. But, when it comes to nested subdirectories, it only sorts relative to the first subdirectory. I want it to sort based on the directory at the end of the path. Does anyone know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimsondarkn
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command to use multiple -exec options

Hello All, Is there a way to make exec do a couple of operations on a single input from find? For example, find . -type d -exec ls -l "{}" ";" I would like to give the result of each "ls -l" in the above to a wc. Is that possible? I want to ls -l | wc -l inside exec. How do I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasanna1157
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sort file returned by FIND command in ascending

Hi there I have to enhance my current file looping to ensure the oldest file being processed first. current command: for FILENAME in `find $MY_DIRECTORY -follow -type f` I manage to get command for order by date modified descending, just can't get the ascending order. Please help for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elsie512
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command with sort

HI Find command is sorting differently in different machines. I am trying a script to find file with -name option and delete the files other and keep the latest. the problem I am facing is in one machine find command is returning output sorted with oldest first and latest . But in another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ningy
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find: -prune and -name options

I am trying to find all .rhosts files on some unix systems. I tried just -name ".rhosts" but we have a lot of really large NFS and MVFS systems that I do not want to crawl and I am having a hard time excluding them. I also need to scan more than just /root /home and /users, so I really need to scan... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX find command - using multiple -name options

Hi all, What am trying do is search for a directory that is owned by cm that only exists in a path that has a particular directory ex: what I'm using now is find . -user cm -name '*.rel' -type d -exec ls -dl {} \; This is giving me stuff like this ./../../foo1/../../*.rel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtmed
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple search options in find command

Hi, I'd like find multiple file options to fetch different types of files. find /path...// -type f -name "*.log" -o -name "*.req" -o -name "*.txt" -mtime +5 -exec ls -l {} \; Where as in the above command only the last .txt files its retriving but not .log and .req files can body help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Y.balakrishna
1 Replies
SVK::Log::Filter::Grep(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 SVK::Log::Filter::Grep(3)

SYNOPSIS
SVK::Log::Filter::Grep - search log messages for a given pattern DESCRIPTION
The Grep filter requires a single Perl pattern (regular expression) as its argument. The pattern is then applied to the svn:log property of each revision it receives. If the pattern matches, the revision is allowed to continue down the pipeline. If the pattern fails to match, the pipeline immediately skips to the next revision. The pattern is applied with the /i modifier (case insensitivity). If you want case-sensitivity or other modifications to the behavior of your pattern, you must use the "(?imsx-imsx)" extended pattern (see "perldoc perlre" for details). For example, to search for log messages that match exactly the characters "foo" you might use svk log --filter "grep (?-i)foo" However, to search for "foo" without regards for case, one might try svk log --filter "grep foo" The result of any capturing parentheses inside the pattern are not available. If demand dictates, the Grep filter could be modified to place the captured value somewhere in the stash for other filters to access. If the pattern contains a pipe character ('|'), it must be escaped by preceding it with a '' character. Otherwise, the portion of the pattern after the pipe character is interpreted as the name of a log filter. STASH
/PROPERTY MODIFICATIONS Grep leaves all properties and the stash intact. perl v5.10.0 2008-08-04 SVK::Log::Filter::Grep(3)