Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: share memory on linux
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat share memory on linux Post 302180474 by melanie_pfefer on Monday 31st of March 2008 10:03:10 AM
Old 03-31-2008
share memory on linux

how to list the orphaned shared memory?
how to kill them so that shared mem is free again.

thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mount Linux share onto Sco 5.0.6

I've got a Sco 5.0.6 box and an Ubuntu box on my network. i want to backup certain directories onto a share on the Ubuntu box. how do i mount a linux share onto the Sco box? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sall
1 Replies

2. Linux

how i can share the file between unix or linux in windows ??

hello everybody i have one quetion :( about how i can share my file in windows to use it in linux explane i have to opreating system windows xp and linux fedore core and unix ( sun solaris 10 ) and i want to open me file that is storege in windows <<< want to open it in unix or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msn22
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

share directory from linux to unix

hello,:b: I want to share a directory from Linux server to Unix server, i did it before for Unix servers only , first server: share -F nfs /backup second server: mount -F nfs 192.1.1.208:/backup / but i can't find share command in linux, we tried to use samba but it doesn't works. any... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagigg
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

unable to mount windows share on linux 5.1

Hi, I am using redhat linux 5.1 - 64bit, using command mount -t cifs //192.192.192.192/SW/Ex /192.192.192.192 -o username=test I am getting below error. mount: block device //192.192.192.192/SW/Ex is write-protected, mounting read-only mount: cannot mount block device... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help to access windows share from linux box

how to access windows share from a linux box windows machin is in different workgroup so how to pass credentials whil acessing a share from a script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I just wanted to share this bash script for linux

If your Unix box doesn't support bash scripts then do not do the following. Create a file named version. type chmod 755 version and then copy and paste the code below into the file. Then type "mv version /bin" and presto, type version. A cool full hearty command. If you know more about you're Os... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Errigour
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Samba share problem in Linux 6.4

Hi , In samba i have shared my home directory, but its showing as a printer. Not able to share data. $ smbclient -L 192.168.122.1 Enter priyank's password: Domain= OS= Server= Sharename Type Comment --------- ---- ------- shared_priyank Printer ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priy
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to determine share name of Linux server?

Hi, How to determine share name of Linux server ? OS version is RHL 6.5 Regards, Maddy (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mounting Windows Share to Linux Server

Hi Folks - I need to mount a Windows Share to a Linux server. What is the best/easiest way to do this? Is this 'how-to' guide accurate: How to Share Files Between Windows and Linux Or is there a better method you could share? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
8 Replies
shmem(5)							File Formats Manual							  shmem(5)

NAME
shmem - enable or disable System V shared memory DESCRIPTION
The tunable is obsolete. The System V IPC shared memory subsystem is always enabled. Shared memory is an efficient InterProcess Communications (IPC) mechanism. One process creates a shared memory segment and attaches it to its address space. Any processes looking to communicate with this process through the shared memory segment, then attach the shared memory segment to their corresponding address spaces as well. Once attached, a process can read from or write to the segment depending on the permissions specified while attaching it. WARNINGS
Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
shmmax(5), shmmni(5), shmseg(5). Tunable Kernel Parameters shmem(5)