Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: share memory on linux
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat share memory on linux Post 302180474 by melanie_pfefer on Monday 31st of March 2008 10:03:10 AM
Old 03-31-2008
share memory on linux

how to list the orphaned shared memory?
how to kill them so that shared mem is free again.

thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mount Linux share onto Sco 5.0.6

I've got a Sco 5.0.6 box and an Ubuntu box on my network. i want to backup certain directories onto a share on the Ubuntu box. how do i mount a linux share onto the Sco box? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sall
1 Replies

2. Linux

how i can share the file between unix or linux in windows ??

hello everybody i have one quetion :( about how i can share my file in windows to use it in linux explane i have to opreating system windows xp and linux fedore core and unix ( sun solaris 10 ) and i want to open me file that is storege in windows <<< want to open it in unix or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msn22
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

share directory from linux to unix

hello,:b: I want to share a directory from Linux server to Unix server, i did it before for Unix servers only , first server: share -F nfs /backup second server: mount -F nfs 192.1.1.208:/backup / but i can't find share command in linux, we tried to use samba but it doesn't works. any... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagigg
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

unable to mount windows share on linux 5.1

Hi, I am using redhat linux 5.1 - 64bit, using command mount -t cifs //192.192.192.192/SW/Ex /192.192.192.192 -o username=test I am getting below error. mount: block device //192.192.192.192/SW/Ex is write-protected, mounting read-only mount: cannot mount block device... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help to access windows share from linux box

how to access windows share from a linux box windows machin is in different workgroup so how to pass credentials whil acessing a share from a script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I just wanted to share this bash script for linux

If your Unix box doesn't support bash scripts then do not do the following. Create a file named version. type chmod 755 version and then copy and paste the code below into the file. Then type "mv version /bin" and presto, type version. A cool full hearty command. If you know more about you're Os... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Errigour
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Samba share problem in Linux 6.4

Hi , In samba i have shared my home directory, but its showing as a printer. Not able to share data. $ smbclient -L 192.168.122.1 Enter priyank's password: Domain= OS= Server= Sharename Type Comment --------- ---- ------- shared_priyank Printer ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priy
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to determine share name of Linux server?

Hi, How to determine share name of Linux server ? OS version is RHL 6.5 Regards, Maddy (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mounting Windows Share to Linux Server

Hi Folks - I need to mount a Windows Share to a Linux server. What is the best/easiest way to do this? Is this 'how-to' guide accurate: How to Share Files Between Windows and Linux Or is there a better method you could share? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
8 Replies
shm_open(2)							System Calls Manual						       shm_open(2)

NAME
shm_open - create/open a shared memory object SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The system call establishes a connection between a shared memory object and a file descriptor. It creates an open file description that corresponds to the shared memory object and returns a file descriptor that refers to that open file description. This file descriptor (which is the lowest numbered file descriptor not currently open for that process) is used by other functions to refer to that shared mem- ory object. The name argument points to the shared memory object name, and must conform to the general construction rules for a pathname. The oflag argument is the bitwise inclusive OR of the flags listed under and (these flags are defined in the header file The new file descriptor has the flag set, and consequently does not remain open across system calls. Read-Write Flags The value of oflag must be composed by taking the inclusive OR of exactly one of the following flags: Open for read access only. Open for read and write access. General Flags Any combination of the following flags may also be used in setting the value of oflag. If the shared memory object exists, this flag will have no effect, except as noted under below. Otherwise the shared memory object is created; the shared memory object's user ID is set to the effective user ID of the process; the shared memory object's group ID is set to the effective group ID of the process. The shared memory object's permission bits is set to the value of the mode argument except those set in the file mode creation mask of the process. The new shared memory object will have a size of zero. If and are set in oflag and the named shared memory object exists, will fail. The flag is ignored if is not set in oflag. If the shared memory object exists, and it is successfully opened for reading and writing set in oflag), the object will be truncated to zero length. The mode and owner shall remain unchanged by this function call. RETURN VALUE
returns the following values: n Successful completion. n is the lowest numbered unused file descriptor for the process. Failure. is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If fails, is set to one of the following values: The shared memory object exists and the permissions specified by oflag are denied, or the shared memory object does not exist and permission to create the it is denied, or is speci- fied and write permission is denied. The and are set in oflag and the named shared memory object already exists. The operation was interrupted by a signal. The operation is not supported for the given name. Too many file descriptors are currently in use by this process. The length of the name string exceeds or the length of a (pathname) component of the name string exceeds while is in effect. Too many shared memory objects are currently open in the system. The flag is not set in oflag and the named shared memory object does not exist. There are insufficient resources for the creation of the new shared memory object. is not supported by the implementation. SEE ALSO
shm_unlink(2), close(2), mmap(2), munmap(2), privileges(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
shm_open(2)