Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: find command sort options?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers find command sort options? Post 302180472 by mavsman on Monday 31st of March 2008 10:00:27 AM
Old 03-31-2008
find command sort options?

Hi - are there sort options with the find command? I don't see any in man. I have a script that is looping through a set a files to be processed and I need to process them in date timestamp order. tia

for file in `find ${LANDING_FILE_DIR}${BTIME_FILENAME_PATTERN1}`
do....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command with prune and exec options

Hi, I'm using the following command to get a list of files on the system. find /releases -type f -exec ls -l > /home/sebarry/list.txt '{}' \; however, its searching a directory I don't want it to search so I know I have to use prune but I don't seem to be able to get prune and exec to work... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sebarry
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

options in FIND utility

hi folks, I want to select all files older than 13 days from a specified directory for that i used find /home/amar -name '*.*' -mtime 13 but it gives me all the files from subdirectories also, I dont want that I want files only from /home/amar and not from /home/amar/abc/.. which... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarnath
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me to sort kill options...

Hi All, I knew you all will scold me after reading this thread, but i got stuck in the definition and usage of kill, so begging all your pardon. I have a java process, which used to create small threads/sub process....so i want to kill that main java by kill -0 <pid>...... so that 1st it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to sort directories after a recursive find

find -type d -name "TC_*" | sort That's what I have so far... it finds the appropriate directories and then sorts them. But, when it comes to nested subdirectories, it only sorts relative to the first subdirectory. I want it to sort based on the directory at the end of the path. Does anyone know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimsondarkn
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command to use multiple -exec options

Hello All, Is there a way to make exec do a couple of operations on a single input from find? For example, find . -type d -exec ls -l "{}" ";" I would like to give the result of each "ls -l" in the above to a wc. Is that possible? I want to ls -l | wc -l inside exec. How do I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasanna1157
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sort file returned by FIND command in ascending

Hi there I have to enhance my current file looping to ensure the oldest file being processed first. current command: for FILENAME in `find $MY_DIRECTORY -follow -type f` I manage to get command for order by date modified descending, just can't get the ascending order. Please help for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elsie512
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command with sort

HI Find command is sorting differently in different machines. I am trying a script to find file with -name option and delete the files other and keep the latest. the problem I am facing is in one machine find command is returning output sorted with oldest first and latest . But in another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ningy
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find: -prune and -name options

I am trying to find all .rhosts files on some unix systems. I tried just -name ".rhosts" but we have a lot of really large NFS and MVFS systems that I do not want to crawl and I am having a hard time excluding them. I also need to scan more than just /root /home and /users, so I really need to scan... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX find command - using multiple -name options

Hi all, What am trying do is search for a directory that is owned by cm that only exists in a path that has a particular directory ex: what I'm using now is find . -user cm -name '*.rel' -type d -exec ls -dl {} \; This is giving me stuff like this ./../../foo1/../../*.rel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtmed
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple search options in find command

Hi, I'd like find multiple file options to fetch different types of files. find /path...// -type f -name "*.log" -o -name "*.req" -o -name "*.txt" -mtime +5 -exec ls -l {} \; Where as in the above command only the last .txt files its retriving but not .log and .req files can body help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Y.balakrishna
1 Replies
AUGENRULES:(8)						  System Administration Utilities					    AUGENRULES:(8)

NAME
augenrules - a script that merges component audit rule files SYNOPSIS
augenrules [--check] [--load] DESCRIPTION
augenrules is a script that merges all component audit rules files, found in the audit rules directory, /etc/audit/rules.d, placing the merged file in /etc/audit/audit.rules. Component audit rule files, must end in .rules in order to be processed. All other files in /etc/audit/rules.d are ignored. The files are concatenated in order, based on their natural sort (see -v option of ls(1)) and stripped of empty and comment (#) lines. The last processed -D directive without an option, if present, is always emitted as the first line in the resultant file. Those with an option are replicated in place. The last processed -b directive, if present, is always emitted as the second line in the resultant file. The last processed -f directive, if present, is always emitted as the third line in the resultant file. The last processed -e directive, if present, is always emitted as the last line in the resultant file. The generated file is only copied to /etc/audit/rules.d, if it differs. OPTIONS
--check test if rules have changed and need updating without overwriting audit.rules. --load load old or newly built rules into the kernel. FILES
/etc/audit/rules.d/ /etc/audit/audit.rules SEE ALSO
audit.rules(8), auditctl(8), auditd(8). Red Hat Apr 2013 AUGENRULES:(8)