Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory How to find Dependent libraries in ELF file? Post 302180426 by sysgate on Monday 31st of March 2008 07:32:19 AM
Old 03-31-2008
If I got it correct, "ldd" is what you need, example :
Quote:
ldd /usr/lib/aspell-0.60/context-filter.so
linux-gate.so.1 => (0x00110000)
libaspell.so.15 => /usr/lib/libaspell.so.15 (0x00118000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x001d9000)
libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (0x001de000)
libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x002c9000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x002f2000)
libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x0044b000)
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x009ab000)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script execution dependent upon a file landing in a certain directory

Hi all, I'm looking to write a script that is dependent upon the existence of 2 files each in separate directories. My thought was to do: **psuedo code ** execute script check directory 1 for file1 if file exists then execute script 2 ( checking directory 2 for file 2) else... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keladar
3 Replies

2. Linux

editing ELF file

Hello, This is not exactly relevant to Linux kernel but I'm gonna ask any way. Is there any way I can modify a 64-bit ELF object file to make it look like 32-bit ELF object file and link it (using `ld`) with 32-bit ELF file? I tried libelf but was unsuccessful. I had this pretty link... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tejuwala
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can i read a non text file in unix - ELF-64 executable object file - IA64

The binary file is ELF-64 executable object file - IA64. How i know that the source is Is there any comamnd in unix i can read these kind of files or use a thirty party software? Thanks for your help (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find programs that are missing libraries.

I had to whip this up, and it seems useful enough to post here. Say you have been cleaning up your filesystem, and you removed a bunch of libraries, or you shuffled around some library directories, and aren't sure if ld.so.conf is correctly setup. You want to sweep through your file system looking... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: otheus
0 Replies

5. Linux

Reading ELF file Symbol table of C++ program

Folks, I have some program(Test.cpp) as follows, #include<iostream> class Abc { private: int _theVar; public : int printVar(); }; int Abc :: printVar() { _theVar=10; } main() { Abc _t; (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinod_chitrali
0 Replies

6. Programming

Reading ELF file Symbol table of C++ program

Folks, I have some program(Test.cpp) as follows, #include<iostream> class Abc { private: int _theVar; public : int printVar(); }; int Abc :: printVar() { _theVar=10; } main() { Abc _t; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinod_chitrali
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Not a Vaild ELF File

Hi Anyone, I have two disks , one is primary and anothe is mirror. I checked my mirror disk , It was fine. After that i booted from my primary disk, did some installations regarding kernel patches. It did not get booted properly. It says ==================== Not a valid... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two files one file is dependent and it does not show an output

xxxxx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayrao
2 Replies

9. Programming

A help to create an ELF file

Hi!!! How do I create a file .ELF? What code should I use, could help me with a simple code or example? I know programming to Windows by important languages but this seems to be more sistematical, and I really don't know how to. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linecoder
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris: ldd doesn't find libraries in exported environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH

I have given the relevant details below. Why are the libraries in /export/home/builds/pc9x_root/960/build/powrmart/pmbuild/bin/SunOS.64.r are invisible to ldd? %setenv ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: old_as_a_fossil
3 Replies
intro(3C)																 intro(3C)

NAME
intro - introduction to subroutines and libraries DESCRIPTION
This section describes functions found in various libraries, other than those functions that directly invoke HP-UX system primitives, which are described in Section(2) of this volume. Certain major collections are identified by a letter after the section identifier(3): (3C) These functions, together with the Operating System Calls and those marked(3S), constitute the Standard C Library, which is automatically loaded by the C compiler, cc(1). Declarations for some of these functions can be obtained from files indicated in the appropriate entries.(3E) These functions constitute the ELF access library which lets a program manipulate ELF (Executable and Linking Format) object files, archive files, and archive members. The link editor searches this library if the option is specified. The header file provides type and function declarations for all library services (described in elf(3E). (3G) These functions constitute the graphics library and are documented in separate manuals.(3I) These functions constitute the instrument support (Device I/O) library.(3M) These functions constitute the Math Library, The link editor searches this library if the option is specified. Declara- tions for these functions are available in the header files and Several generally useful mathematical constants are also defined in (see math(5)). (3N) These functions are applicable to the Internet network and are part of the standard C library, (3S) These functions constitute the ``standard I/O package'' (see stdio(3S)). These functions are in the library already men- tioned. Declarations for these functions can be obtained from the file(3T) These functions constitute the Pthreads Library. The link editor (see ld(1)) searches this library if the option is spec- ified. See pthread(3T) for more detailed information on threads.(3X) Various specialized libraries. The files in which these libraries are found are specified in the appropriate entries. DIAGNOSTICS
Functions in the C and Math Libraries, (3C) and(3M), may return the conventional values or when the function is undefined for the given arguments or when the value is not representable. is defined as in the header file. Functions in the Math Library may also return or a In these cases, the external variable (see errno(2)) may also be set to the value [EDOM] or [ERANGE]. FILES
(For PA-RISC systems.) Standard I/O, operating system calls, and general purpose routines archive library. (For PA-RISC systems.) Standard I/O, operating system calls, and general purpose routines shared library. (For Itanium(R)-based systems.) Standard I/O, operating system calls, and general purpose routines 32-bit and 64-bit shared libraries. (For PA-RISC systems.) CRT screen handling shared library. (For Itanium-based systems.) CRT screen handling 32-bit and 64-bit shared libraries. (For PA-RISC systems.) ELF archive library. (For PA-RISC systems.) ELF shared library. (For Itanium-based systems.) ELF 32-bit and 64-bit shared libraries. (For PA-RISC systems.) SVID3, XPG4.2, and ANSI C compliant math archive library. (For PA-RISC systems.) SVID3, XPG4.2, and ANSI C compliant math archive library. (For Itanium-based systems.) SVID3, XPG4.2, and ANSI C compliant 32-bit and 64-bit math shared libraries. SEE ALSO
ar(1), elf(3E), ld(1), nm(1), intro(2), stdio(3S), hier(5), math(5), thread_safety(5), introduction(9). Web access to HP-UX documentation at intro(3C)