Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: i want to give alias
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting i want to give alias Post 302180390 by naree on Monday 31st of March 2008 03:03:15 AM
Old 03-31-2008
I want to do for all

Dear all,
I want to do for all -i -r -f etc. according i have done like this

MOVE.sh
---------
case $1 in
*) sh /dir1/move.sh
;;
esac

And i have created alias as following

alias rm="sh /dir1/MOVE.sh"

Even though it is not working. Please help me out for this issue.

Thank U
Naree

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Give us a hand

How do you get an awk output into columns i.e. awk (print $1,$2,$3) doesn't come out into nice columns but lots of lines of txt want something more like. I am crap at unix so give me a hand thx Rich (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RichardB
3 Replies

2. AIX

please give me a script

Hi All, As i asked you in my previous post, I want to read username and lastupdate only from /etc/security/passwd and write the same data to another file: The data in /etc/security/passwd will be in this form for example: smith: password = MGURSj.F056Dj lastupdate = 623078865 flags =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: me_haroon
0 Replies

3. Programming

Pls give me some advice

hi everyone i have a problem in design as follows: there is a structured file ,for example , field 1, field 2 ....... -------------- -------------- i read it into my memory ,there are some change in the memory maybe add some record or change one field in an existing record. i am going... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: benbenpig
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

if i give this command what would be the value...

if i give dir=/tmp/${0##*/} what would b the value stored in dir ..i'm more concerned about the 0##*/ part.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suri
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please give your inputs !!!!

I am trying to extract two fields from the output of ifconfig command on one of my sun server . The output looks like : root@e08k18:/tmp/test# ifconfig -a lo0: flags=1000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 ce0:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpatel786
9 Replies

6. Solaris

I want to know how we can give alias entry in cron

Hi all I have created an alias for a running a script called script.sh as alias utils="sh ~/script.sh". Moreover i m using bash shell, even i have given the entry for alias in .profile in my home directory.I have given alias entry in crontab file as 30 12 * * * utils ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naree
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

About to give up on XEmacs 21.5.29

Folks, I am hoping someone out there can help me. I have been writing code for in-excess of 10 years. Throughout all this time I have used Xemacs. I have picked up bits of customizations here and there over the years, but would not profess to be anything of an expert in Lisp (or have a heavily... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: petermc
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create alias files (not alias commands)

If one: $ find -name 'some expression' -type f > newfile and then subsequently wants to create an alias file from each pathname the find command retrieved and the > placed within 'newfile', how would one do this? Ideally, the newly created alias files would all be in one directory. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alexander4444
3 Replies
ali(1)							      General Commands Manual							    ali(1)

NAME
ali - list mail aliases (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
ali [-alias aliasfile] [-help] [-[no]list] [-[no]normalize] [-user useraddr] [-nouser] [aliases...] OPTIONS
Specifies the alias file to be consulted by ali. You can specify more than one alias file, but each aliasfile must be preceded by -alias. In addition to any alias files that you specify, ali consults the system alias file /usr/lib/mh/MailAliases. You can set up an entry in your so that ali automatically consults an alias file. To do this, add the Aliasfile entry to your pro- file. See mh_profile(4) for more information. Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Prints the addresses on separate lines. If you do not specify the -list option, the addresses are separated by commas and printed on as few lines as possible. Instructs ali to try to track down the official hostname of the address. This can be suppressed by using -nonormalize. The default is -nonormalize. Displays all the aliases that contain a specific name. Instead of listing the addresses that each given alias expands to, ali lists the aliases that expand to include each given address. You must specify the complete user name that you have used in your alias file. The defaults for this command are: -alias /usr/lib/mh/MailAliases -nolist -nonormalize -nouser DESCRIPTION
The ali command searches the specified mail alias files for each of the given aliases. It creates a list of addresses for those aliases, and displays that list on the screen. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Location of your mail directory. Location of your personal alias file. EXAMPLES
The following example shows how the -user option can be used to list all the aliases containing the address Parker@Venus: % ali -user Parker@Venus Parker@Venus: Group, Reviewers, Badminton FILES
The user profile. The system alias file. The system password file. The system group file. SEE ALSO
mh-alias(4) ali(1)