Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Recursion to Copy a Directory structure Post 302180387 by avrkiran on Monday 31st of March 2008 02:43:34 AM
Old 03-31-2008
Recursion to Copy a Directory structure

Thanks for your inputs. Yes, am new to shell scripting. The srcDir and destDir variables are working fine now. But still the recursion control variable J is behaving like a Global variable. How do i make "J" as a local variable so that there are copies of the variable J created in every call to createelement? Pls. let me know. Tried "typeset j=0" as the first line of the file but doesn't seem to work.

Last edited by avrkiran; 03-31-2008 at 03:58 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

any idea to copy directory structure

I want to copy the durectory structure having subdirectories in it ... would be greatful if anyone could let me know .. thanks in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: myelvis
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying a Directory Structure to a new structure

Hi all Is it possible to copy a structure of a directory only. e.g. I have a file with the following entries that is a result of a find :- /dir1/dir2/file.dbf /dir1/dir2/dir3/file1.dbf /dir1/file.dbf I want to copy these to a directory and keep the structure however starting at a new dir... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MV files from one directory structure(multiple level) to other directory structure

Hi, I am trying to write a script that will move all the files from source directory structure(multiple levels might exist) to destination directory structure. If a sub folder is source doesnot exist in destination then I have to skip and goto next level. I also need to delete the files in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srmadab
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy files with directory structure

i have a text file as. /database/sp/NTR_Update_Imsi_List.sql /database/sp/NTR_Update_Imsi_Range_List.sql /database/sp/NTR_Vlr_Upload.sql /database/tables/StatsTables.sql /mib/ntr.mib /mib/ntr.v2.mib /scripts/operations/ntr/IMSITracer.ph /scripts/operations/ntr/IMSITracer.pl ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adddy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy directory structure to a system on the network

I am trying to write a script which has to copy the directory structure from my system to another system on the network. But I dont want the files to be copied. I think I have to start with copying all subdirectories names in a directory to a system on the network. Here's the case: Source... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: firefox211
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to copy a directory structure from one server to another

Hello All, I have got a dev server and a production server will call it as D server and P server. I have a dir structure in my D server and i need to create the same dir structure in P server also using a shell script. If i do a find . in my D server, i am getting an o/p like :- . ./vio... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
9 Replies

7. Programming

Deep copy of structure in C

Hi , I have a scenario where i need to copy the iter to another local variable , where iter is of type MCC_T_SYS_ADDRINFO *iter . struct addrinfo { int ai_flags; int ai_family; int ai_socktype; int ai_protocol; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: breezevinay
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory Tree/Recursion Issue . . .

Hope the title is close enough; didn't quite know how to put this... OK. We have a hypothetical script, script.a, with one simplistic line:bash ./nextDir/script.bNow script.b has a bit more going for it; and does file moves, copies, and renames, calling all the targets with respect to itself.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy directory withOUT recursion

Hi, I cannot find a way to copy a directory to another location with all attributes (mode, ownership, timestamps) but withOUT recursion (after so many years of working with Linux). Say I want to create /home/jail/tmp exactly like /tmp but with nothing in it. Here is what I tried: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
7 Replies
FLVTOOL2(1)						      General Commands Manual						       FLVTOOL2(1)

NAME
flvtool2 - a manipulation tool for flash video files SYNOPSIS
flvtool2 [-ACDPUVaciklnoprstvx]...[-key:value]...in-path|stdin[out-path|stdout] DESCRIPTION
If out-path is omitted, in-path will be overwritten. In-path can be a single file, or a directory. If in-path is a directory, out-path has to be likewise, or can be omitted. Directory recursion is controlled by the -r switch. You can use stdin and stdout keywords as in- and out-path for piping or redirecting. Chain commands like that: -UP (updates FLV file than prints out meta data) COMMANDS
-A Adds tags from -t tags-file -C Cuts file using -i inpoint and -o outpoint -D Debugs file (writes a lot to stdout) -H Helpscreen will be shown -P Prints out meta data to stdout -U Updates FLV with an onMetaTag event SWITCHES
-a Collapse space between cut regions -c Compatibility mode calculates some onMetaTag values differently -key:value Key-value-pair for onMetaData tag (overwrites generated values) -i timestamp Inpoint for cut command in miliseconds -k Keyframe mode slides onCuePoint(navigation) tags added by the add command to nearest keyframe position -l Logs FLV stream reading to stream.log in current directory -n Number of tag to debug -o timestamp Outpoint for cut command in miliseconds -p Preserve mode only updates FLVs that have not been processed before -r Recursion for directory processing -s Simulation mode never writes FLV data to out-path -t path Tagfile (MetaTags written in XML) -v Verbose mode -x XML mode instead of YAML mode SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/flvtool2/examples/tags.xml http://www.inlet-media.de/flvtool2 AUTHOR
flvtool2 was written by Norman Timmler <norman.timmler@inlet-media.de> This manual page was written by Todd Troxell <ttroxell@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). August 24, 2007 FLVTOOL2(1)