Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting if match found go to a particular line in perl Post 302180211 by era on Sunday 30th of March 2008 10:42:53 AM
Old 03-30-2008
I don't think I have captured all your requirements correctly but at least it's a start. If I am allowed to guess, what would be easiest is collect the output in a variable and print it after you have seen *Main End and printed out the line which immediately preceded it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Match a line with multiple search patterns

Hi I'm not very good with the serach patterns and I'd need a sample how to find a line that has multiple patterns. Say I want to find a line that has "abd", "123" and "QWERTY" and there can be any characters or numbers between the serach patterns, I have a file that has thousands of lines and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with script to send email and if subject line match is found

Help with script that will check log, then find a match is found, add that as the subject line. 1. The script will always run as a deamon.. and scan the event.log file 2. when a new 101 line is added to the event.log file, have the script check position 5,6 and 7 which is the job name, which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: axdelg
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk display the match and 2 lines after the match is found.

Hello, can someone help me how to find a word and 2 lines after it and then send the output to another file. For example, here is myfile1.txt. I want to search for "Error" and 2 lines below it and send it to myfile2.txt I tried with grep -A but it's not supported on my system. I tried with awk,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eurouno
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display n lines after match found and other line

I have a file like this DoctorName Address1 Address2 DOB InsuredName Address1 Address2 DOB PatientName Address1 Address2 DOB ClaimNo1 DoctorName Address1 Address2 DOB InsuredName (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsuresh316
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying text till pattern match found in a line

Hi All, From the below line if we want to display all the text till found pattern dot/. I was trying with the below code but couldn't able to print text before the pattern. it display texts which is found after pattern. awk '/assed/{print;getline;print}' file_name | sed 's/^*. *//' input... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the entire line if the mentioned match is found?

Hello Everyone, I have a file with 5 fields in each line just like mentioned below. Also the 4th field is time elapsed(hh:mm:ss) since the process is running xyz abc status 23:00:00 idle abc def status 24:00:00 idle def gji status 27:00:02 idle fgh gty status 00:00:00 idle Here I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl removing line match with pattern in column

Hi, I have log like this: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justbow
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl removing line match with pattern in column

Hi, I have log like this: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justbow
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add comment on last line if found match

Hi All, totally new on it , normally use it for just 1 line. i'm looking for help. i'm have 2 file. file 1 : -------------------------------------------------- c12 c1 c3 -------------------------------------------------- file 2: other content ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kttan
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Modify text file if found multiple pattern match for every line.

Looking for help, i have input file like below and want to modify to expected output, if can without create additional file, hope can direct modify it. have 2 thing need do. 1st is adding a word (testplan generation off) after ! ! IPG: Tue Aug 07 14:31:17 2018 2nd is adding... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: kttan
16 Replies
TAP::Parser::Source::Perl(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			    TAP::Parser::Source::Perl(3pm)

NAME
TAP::Parser::Source::Perl - Stream Perl output VERSION
Version 3.17 SYNOPSIS
use TAP::Parser::Source::Perl; my $perl = TAP::Parser::Source::Perl->new; my $stream = $perl->source( [ $filename, @args ] )->get_stream; DESCRIPTION
Takes a filename and hopefully returns a stream from it. The filename should be the name of a Perl program. Note that this is a subclass of TAP::Parser::Source. See that module for more methods. METHODS
Class Methods "new" my $perl = TAP::Parser::Source::Perl->new; Returns a new "TAP::Parser::Source::Perl" object. Instance Methods "source" Getter/setter the name of the test program and any arguments it requires. my ($filename, @args) = @{ $perl->source }; $perl->source( [ $filename, @args ] ); "croak"s if $filename could not be found. "switches" my $switches = $perl->switches; my @switches = $perl->switches; $perl->switches( @switches ); Getter/setter for the additional switches to pass to the perl executable. One common switch would be to set an include directory: $perl->switches( ['-Ilib'] ); "get_stream" my $stream = $source->get_stream($parser); Returns a stream of the output generated by executing "source". Must be passed an object that implements a "make_iterator" method. Typically this is a TAP::Parser instance. "shebang" Get the shebang line for a script file. my $shebang = TAP::Parser::Source::Perl->shebang( $some_script ); May be called as a class method "get_taint" Decode any taint switches from a Perl shebang line. # $taint will be 't' my $taint = TAP::Parser::Source::Perl->get_taint( '#!/usr/bin/perl -t' ); # $untaint will be undefined my $untaint = TAP::Parser::Source::Perl->get_taint( '#!/usr/bin/perl' ); SUBCLASSING
Please see "SUBCLASSING" in TAP::Parser for a subclassing overview. Example package MyPerlSource; use strict; use vars '@ISA'; use Carp qw( croak ); use TAP::Parser::Source::Perl; @ISA = qw( TAP::Parser::Source::Perl ); sub source { my ($self, $args) = @_; if ($args) { $self->{file} = $args->[0]; return $self->SUPER::source($args); } return $self->SUPER::source; } # use the version of perl from the shebang line in the test file sub _get_perl { my $self = shift; if (my $shebang = $self->shebang( $self->{file} )) { $shebang =~ /^#!(.*perl.*?)(?:(?:s)|(?:$))/; return $1 if $1; } return $self->SUPER::_get_perl(@_); } SEE ALSO
TAP::Object, TAP::Parser, TAP::Parser::Source, perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 TAP::Parser::Source::Perl(3pm)