Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: simple unpack script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers simple unpack script Post 302180180 by jboss on Sunday 30th of March 2008 09:28:11 AM
Old 03-30-2008
thanks for your help era... will give it ago and post back...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

does any body know how to unpack this file?????

this file i'm trying to unpack is a cloop file (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicrawler2000
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perl pack and unpack commands

I have a file that contains user id and corresponding password. Lets say password is "help". The below command will create a hex value for string "help". perl -e 'print unpack "H*","help"' So now password is in encoded format. Then I decoded it in the script where am fetching the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: max_payne1234
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Method to Unpack cpio files

Hi all, I want to unpack some files .Files and their sizes are: 1. Linux9i_Disk1.cpio -- 500m 2. Linux9i_Disk2.cpio--- 600m 3.Linux9i_Disk3.cpio---- 250m I used cpio -idmv Linux9i_Disk1.cpio command to unpack the files. But Its taking more time to unpack the files.What could be the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: William1482
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unpack (extract) EAR / JAR files

i have about 30 .EAR files, every ear file have 1 .JAR file. so i need to extract .EAR files then extract .JAR files, and one important thing is that every archive must bee extracted to separate folder. i try with gzip, but when i extract 30 ear files i cant make separate folders.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waso
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unpack .tar-file and get name

Hi there, I wrote the following code: if ($SCENE == *.tar) then echo "tar -xf $SCENE" tar -xf $SCENE > tar.txt set dims = `awk '$0' tar.txt` echo "name of dims is:" echo "$dims" endif My intension is, to write a variable "dims" with the output name of the tar-command. That means,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: friend
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perl pack and unpack commands

I am using pack/unpack to encyrpt a file. syntax is below #!/bin/sh encrypt=`perl -e 'print unpack "H*","yourpassword"'` - echo $encrypt >/file/to/store/encrypted/password pass=`cat /file/to/store/encrypted/password` decrypt=`perl -e 'print pack "H*",$pass'` ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: erinlomo
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pack and unpack localtime in perl script

Hi I have a code like this: sub WriteEbcdicHeader { my $Htimestamp=localtime();#i need to pack and unpack this my $eheaderline = $Htimestamp; #packing has to be done here #unpacking has to be done after packing print $EOUTFILE return $eheaderline; } sub WriteEbcdicTrailer { ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbathena
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unpack individual files from tarball

Say you don't want to unpack the whole thing, just individual files or directories within a .tgz. How to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevensw
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to unpack files with bunzip2 using while loop

Hi, I have a problem with unzipping some file.xml.bz2 files to file.xml using while loop. all other processing on files is successfull except bunzip2. here is my piece of code while read i do bunzip2 $i done<file.lst; output : No such file or directory.le... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: maroom
14 Replies
langinfo.h(3HEAD)						      Headers							 langinfo.h(3HEAD)

NAME
langinfo.h, langinfo - language information constants SYNOPSIS
#include <langinfo.h> DESCRIPTION
The <langinfo.h> header contains the constants used to identify items of langinfo data (see nl_langinfo(3C)). The type of the constant, nl_item, is defined as described in <nl_types.h>. The following constants are defined. The entries under Category indicate in which setlocale(3C) category each item is defined. Constant Category Meaning CODESET LC_CTYPE codeset name D_T_FMT LC_TIME string for formatting date and time D_FMT LC_TIME date format string T_FMT LC_TIME time format string T_FMT_AMPM LC_TIME a.m. or p.m. time format string AM_STR LC_TIME ante-meridiem affix PM_STR LC_TIME post-meridiem affix DAY_1 LC_TIME name of the first day of the week (for example, Sunday) DAY_2 LC_TIME name of the second day of the week (for example, Monday) DAY_3 LC_TIME name of the third day of the week (for example, Tuesday) DAY_4 LC_TIME name of the fourth day of the week (for example, Wednesday) DAY_5 LC_TIME name of the fifth day of the week (for example, Thursday) DAY_6 LC_TIME name of the sixth day of the week (for example, Friday) DAY_7 LC_TIME name of the seventh day of the week (for example, Saturday) ABDAY_1 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the first day of the week ABDAY_2 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the second day of the week ABDAY_3 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the third day of the week ABDAY_4 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the fourth day of the week ABDAY_5 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the fifth day of the week ABDAY_6 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the seventh day of the week ABDAY_7 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the seventh day of the week MON_1 LC_TIME name of the first month of the year MON_2 LC_TIME name of the second month MON_3 LC_TIME name of the third month MON_4 LC_TIME name of the fourth month MON_5 LC_TIME name of the fifth month MON_6 LC_TIME name of the sixth month MON_7 LC_TIME name of the seventh month MON_8 LC_TIME name of the eighth month MON_9 LC_TIME name of the ninth month MON_10 LC_TIME name of the tenth month MON_11 LC_TIME name of the eleventh month MON_12 LC_TIME name of the twelfth month ABMON_1 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the first month ABMON_2 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the second month ABMON_3 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the third month ABMON_4 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the fourth month ABMON_5 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the fifth month ABMON_6 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the sixth month ABMON_7 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the seventh month ABMON_8 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the eighth month ABMON_9 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the ninth month ABMON_10 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the tenth month ABMON_11 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the eleventh month ABMON_12 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the twelfth month ERA LC_TIME era description segments ERA_D_FMT LC_TIME era date format string ERA_D_T_FMT LC_TIME era date and time format string ERA_T_FMT LC_TIME era time format string ALT_DIGITS LC_TIME alternative symbols for digits RADIXCHAR LC_NUMERIC radix character THOUSEP LC_NUMERIC separator for thousands YESEXPR LC_MESSAGES affirmative response expression NOEXPR LC_MESSAGES negative response expression YESSTR LC_MESSAGES affirmative response for yes/no queries NOSTR LC_MESSAGES negative response ro yes/no queries CRNCYSTR LC_MONETARY local currency symbol, preceded by '-' if the symbol sould appear before the value, '+' if the symbol should appear after the value, or '.' if the symbol should replace the radix character If the locale's values for p_cs_precedes and n_cs_precedes do not match, the value of nl_langinfo(CRNCYSTR) is unspecified. The <langinfo.h> header declares the following as a function: char *nl_langinfo(nl_item); Inclusion of <langinfo.h> header may also make visible all symbols from <nl_types.h>. USAGE
Wherever possible, users are advised to use functions compatible with those in the ISO C standard to access items of langinfo data. In par- ticular, the strftime(3C) function should be used to access date and time information defined in category LC_TIME. The localeconv(3C) func- tion should be used to access information corresponding to RADIXCHAR, THOUSEP, and CRNCYSTR. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mkmsgs(1), localeconv(3C), nl_langinfo(3C), nl_types.h(3HEAD), setlocale(3C), strftime(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 30 Aug 2002 langinfo.h(3HEAD)