Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting if match found go to a particular line in perl Post 302180149 by user_prady on Sunday 30th of March 2008 05:42:55 AM
Old 03-30-2008
Is it not possible!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_prady
Hello Experts,

I am newbie to perl, just curious to know how to do the following in perl.
suppose I ve a txt file like below. when it founds "*Main Start"
Then go to "*Main End,,,,,,,," patteren and just collect the number from the previous line of "*Main End,,,,,,," pattern . In my case it is 5 . Then start excuting normally from the "*Main Start" position

Following is the picture .. I dont want to create any temp file also..
Input file:
Code:
*Init End
*Main Start
*Comment Reset Timers
*Comment Control Frame at 1.04596 ms
2418A4,0000,0,1,3,0,0,0,0 
049C00,0000,0,0,2,0,0,0,0
*Comment Control Frame at 1.04673 ms
*Comment Control Frame at
*Comment Control Frame at
*Comment Frame 13 at ** us,,,,,,,,
000005,7E3D,0,0,0,0,1,0,1
*Main End,,,,,,,,

output:
Code:
*Init End
*Main Start
 repeat(5);
process all lines as usual here.

*Main End,,,,,,,,,

I ve to print all lines as it is when it found a line starting with * . Thats why I am doing like below
Code:
 if(m/^\*/){
              print "//", $_;
              next;
    }

Code:
Basic Algorithm of my programme need :
1. If "*Main Start" pattern found go to line where Pattern matches "*Main end".
2. Get the previous line. and get the value of the first field.
3. Return to "*Main start" position again. & Print repeat(that number) : in my case it is 5 :
4. stop/next;

Any help most appriciated..

regards,
user_prady
Hi friends is there anyway to do it. Pls help ..

Thanks

Last edited by user_prady; 03-30-2008 at 11:07 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Match a line with multiple search patterns

Hi I'm not very good with the serach patterns and I'd need a sample how to find a line that has multiple patterns. Say I want to find a line that has "abd", "123" and "QWERTY" and there can be any characters or numbers between the serach patterns, I have a file that has thousands of lines and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with script to send email and if subject line match is found

Help with script that will check log, then find a match is found, add that as the subject line. 1. The script will always run as a deamon.. and scan the event.log file 2. when a new 101 line is added to the event.log file, have the script check position 5,6 and 7 which is the job name, which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: axdelg
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk display the match and 2 lines after the match is found.

Hello, can someone help me how to find a word and 2 lines after it and then send the output to another file. For example, here is myfile1.txt. I want to search for "Error" and 2 lines below it and send it to myfile2.txt I tried with grep -A but it's not supported on my system. I tried with awk,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eurouno
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display n lines after match found and other line

I have a file like this DoctorName Address1 Address2 DOB InsuredName Address1 Address2 DOB PatientName Address1 Address2 DOB ClaimNo1 DoctorName Address1 Address2 DOB InsuredName (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsuresh316
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying text till pattern match found in a line

Hi All, From the below line if we want to display all the text till found pattern dot/. I was trying with the below code but couldn't able to print text before the pattern. it display texts which is found after pattern. awk '/assed/{print;getline;print}' file_name | sed 's/^*. *//' input... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the entire line if the mentioned match is found?

Hello Everyone, I have a file with 5 fields in each line just like mentioned below. Also the 4th field is time elapsed(hh:mm:ss) since the process is running xyz abc status 23:00:00 idle abc def status 24:00:00 idle def gji status 27:00:02 idle fgh gty status 00:00:00 idle Here I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl removing line match with pattern in column

Hi, I have log like this: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justbow
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl removing line match with pattern in column

Hi, I have log like this: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justbow
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add comment on last line if found match

Hi All, totally new on it , normally use it for just 1 line. i'm looking for help. i'm have 2 file. file 1 : -------------------------------------------------- c12 c1 c3 -------------------------------------------------- file 2: other content ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kttan
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Modify text file if found multiple pattern match for every line.

Looking for help, i have input file like below and want to modify to expected output, if can without create additional file, hope can direct modify it. have 2 thing need do. 1st is adding a word (testplan generation off) after ! ! IPG: Tue Aug 07 14:31:17 2018 2nd is adding... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: kttan
16 Replies
Normalize::Text::Music_Fields(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Normalize::Text::Music_Fields(3pm)

NAME
Normalize::Text::Music_Fields - normalize names of people's and (musical) works. SYNOPSIS
$name = $obj->Normalize::Text::Music_Fields::normalize_person($name); $work = $obj->Normalize::Text::Music_Fields::normalize_piece($work); # $obj should have methods `name_for_field_normalization', 'shorted_person' DESCRIPTION
Databases of names and of works-per-name are taken from plain-text files (optionally in mail-header format). Names are stored in *.lst files. Works are stored in .comp files named after the shortened name of the composer. The directories of these files are looked in the environment variable "MUSIC_FIELDS_PATH" (if defined, split the same way as "PATH"), or in "$ENV{HOME}/.music_fields", and "-" (and "-" is replaced by the directory named as the module file with .pm dropped). At runtime, one can replace the list by calling function Normalize::Text::Music_Fields::set_path() with the list of directories as the argument. (Since parsed files are cached, replacing the directory list should be done as early as possible.) Files may be managed with utility subroutines provided with the module: # Translate from one-per-line to mail-header format: perl -wple "BEGIN {print q(# format = mail-header)} s/#s*normalizeds*$//; $_ = qq(Title: $_) unless /^s*(#|$)/; $_ = qq( $_) if $p and not /^##/; $_ .= qq( ) unless $p = /^##/" Normalize::Text::Music_Fields-G_Gershwin.comp >Music_Fields-G_Gershwin.comp-mail # (inverse transformation:) Dump pieces listed in mail-header format perl -MNormalize::Text::Music_Fields -wle "print for Normalize::Text::Music_Fields::read_composer_file(shift, shift)" gershwin Music_Fields-G_Gershwin.comp-mail > o # Normalize data in 1-line-per piece format perl -MNormalize::Text::Music_Fields -wle "Normalize::Text::Music_Fields::prepare_tag_object_comp(shift)->Normalize::Text::Music_Fields::normalize_file_lines(shift)" # Create a mail-header file from a semi-processed (with "bold" fields) # mail-header file (with xml escapes, preceded by opus number) perl -MNormalize::Text::Music_Fields -00wnle "BEGIN {$tag = Normalize::Text::Music_Fields::prepare_tag_object_comp(shift @ARGV); print q(# format = mail-header)} print Normalize::Text::Music_Fields::emit_as_mail_header($tag,$_, q(bold,xml,opus),$pre)" shostakovich o-xslt-better >Music_Fields-D_Shostakovich.comp-mail1 # Likewise, from work-per-line with opus-numbers: perl -MNormalize::Text::Music_Fields -wnle "BEGIN {$tag = Normalize::Text::Music_Fields::prepare_tag_object_comp(shift @ARGV); print qq(# format = mail-header )} print Normalize::Text::Music_Fields::emit_as_mail_header($tag,$_, q(opus), $pre)" schnittke o-schnittke-better >Music_Fields-A_Schnittke.comp-mail2 # A primitive tool for merging additional info into the database: perl -MNormalize::Text::Music_Fields -wnle "BEGIN {$tag = Normalize::Text::Music_Fields::prepare_tag_object_comp(shift @ARGV); print qq(# format = mail-header )} next unless s/^s*++s*//; print Normalize::Text::Music_Fields::merge_info($tag,$_, q(opus,xml), qr(^(58|70|76|116|118|119)($|-)))" brahms o-brahms-op-no1-xslt # Minimal consistency check of persons database. perl -MNormalize::Text::Music_Fields -wle "BEGIN{binmode $_, ':encoding(cp866)' for *STDIN, *STDOUT, *STDERR} print Normalize::Text::Music_Fields->check_persons" # Minimal testing code: perl -MNormalize::Text::Music_Fields -e Normalize::Text::Music_Fields::test_normalize_piece It may be easier to type these examples if one uses "manage_M_N_F.pm", which exports the mentioned subroutines to the main namespace (available in examples directory of a distribution of "MP3::Tag"). E.g., the last example becomes: perl -Mmanage_M_N_F -e test_normalize_piece perl v5.14.2 2009-05-08 Normalize::Text::Music_Fields(3pm)