Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need Ignite for HP-UX 10.20
Operating Systems HP-UX Need Ignite for HP-UX 10.20 Post 302180106 by stay0ut on Saturday 29th of March 2008 06:56:07 PM
Old 03-29-2008
Found my own answer. . . .

. . . .

#PATH=$PATH:/opt/ignite/bin
#export PATH
#make_recovery . . .

What I thought it was but, I'm used to newer versions of Unix. Therefore, it's the last thing I think about.

Thanks for the Assists!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

ignite tapes

can any1 tell me how to make ignite tapes for the HP-ux. this company said it was: "make_tape_recovery_A", but that don't work. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JBX
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

without an ignite server ??

system: HP-UX 10.20 with HFS mounted. How can I convert the HFS to VxFS without an ignite server ? Is this possible ? thanks simon2000 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simon2000
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

make_sys_image + Ignite problem

could any one help me I have a HP UX 11.0 with a lot of VG and disks connected to SAN. I need to create a Golden Image having only the vg00 of this system. How do i do this using make_sys_image? In case any have some docs, I would appreciate if You could share it. Thanks Dhanish (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

HP-UX Ignite server

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I can't find this particual problem. I've had an Ignite server running for years on a small internal network with images we load on daily basis. Tried to load two servers, L2000 and C3600 , both with same problem. # boot lan.192.168.2.2 install ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddeblance
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

vpar ignite

Hi Can I use a vpar as an ignite server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahlathini
1 Replies

6. AIX

ignite equivalent in AIX

Hi All, Does AIX has utility like ignite server to make remote os installation using image (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayannair
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

Ignite and HP-UX 09.XX

I am looking to make bootable tape backups of four machines running HP-UX 09.02, 09.05 and 09.07. I successfully located Ignite 10.20 and installed it and made a backup on the one machine running HP-UX 10.20. I am having trouble locating information about Ignite for HP-UX 9. Does it exist? Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whack_job
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

Ignite - make_net_recovery

I've read the Ignite User/Admin Guide but I'm having trouble figuring out if I can do a make_net_recovery if the ignite server and client server are on completely different networks? If this can be done is there any special configuration? If I initiate the command from the server it looks like it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzotonka
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

Error with ignite

Works all. Depot shared via nfs dhcp working setting file system,network,root password,etc But when i start "go!" with installation,give me this error. How to fix,debug? Thanks http://s24.postimg.org/5hzbgk551/unixbell3.png (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
3 Replies

10. HP-UX

Ignite

Hi Does anybody know how to get hold of a very old (A.3.7.n) copy of the ignite software depot for HP-UX 10.20? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregsih
7 Replies
eatmydata(1)						      General Commands Manual						      eatmydata(1)

NAME
eatmydata - transparently disable fsync() and other data-to-disk synchronization calls SYNOPSIS
eatmydata [--] command [ command arguments ... ] DESCRIPTION
eatmydata runs a command in the environment where data-to-disk synchronization calls (like fsync(), fdatasync(), sync(), msync() and open() O_SYNC / O_DSYNC flags) have no effect. LD_PRELOAD library libeatmydata overrides respective C library calls with custom functions that don't trigger synchronization but return success nevertheless. You may use eatmydata in two ways. In normal mode, just execute eatmydata directly and pass a command-to-be-run and its arguments via com- mand line. In order to use symlink mode, create a symlink to /usr/bin/eatmydata with the filename (a.k.a basename) of another program in the PATH and execute eatmydata via that symlink. Then eatmydata will find that program in the PATH and run it in the libeatmydata environ- ment repassing all command line options. OPTIONS
Please note that eatmydata does not process any command line options in symlink mode. All command line options will be repassed to the underlying executable as-is. command The command to execute. It may be either a full path or the name of the command in PATH. In case command cannot be found in PATH, eatmydata will fail. command arguments Arbitrary number of arguments to pass to the command being executed. -- Optional command separator for compatibility with similar utilities. Ignored at the moment. EXAMPLES
Given PATH is /usr/bin and both /usr/bin/aptitude and /usr/bin/eatmydata are installed, the following: $ ln -s /usr/bin/eatmydata ./aptitude $ ./aptitude moo is equivalent to: $ eatmydata -- aptitude moo Therefore, you may use symlink mode to automatically run specific programs in the libeatmydata environment whenever you run them from PATH. For example, given standard PATH settings, just do: # ln -s /usr/bin/eatmydata /usr/local/bin/aptitude and enjoy sync-free aptitude system-wide. AUTHOR
The eatmydata wrapper around libeatmydata LD_PRELOAD library was written by Modestas Vainius <modax@debian.org> November 2010 eatmydata(1)