Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Values from Oracle to Unix
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Values from Oracle to Unix Post 302180085 by helper on Saturday 29th of March 2008 03:57:02 PM
Old 03-29-2008
check this out.

returnedvalue=`sqlplus -s id/pwd <<EOF
set serveroutput on;
Declare

message VARCHAR2(200);

Begin

select tname into message from all_tables;

dbms_output.put_line ('tablenames '||nvl(message,''));
End;
/
set serveroutput off;
EXIT;
EOF`

X=`echo $returnedvalue | grep tablenames | awk '{print $2}'`

echo "The Query output is: "

echo "Query message 1= $X "

If you have more outputs from query, print those results in $2, $3,......

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to load comma seperated values file (*.csv) into Oracle table

Hi all I need to input values in a .csv file into my Oracle table running in Unix, I wonder what would be the command to do so... The values are recorded in an excel file and I tried using a formatted text file to do so but failed because one of the field is simply too large to fit in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: handynas
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to pass values from oracle sql plus to unix shell script

how to pass values from oracle sql plus to unix shell script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to pass the values to unix shell from the oracle stored procedure.

Hi i am calling a stored procedure from unix shell like this call test_proc('0002','20100218'); the stored procedure was giving output like this dbms_output.put_line(' processed earlier'); i want to see the output in the unix shell where i called. Thanks barani (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to capture oracle function returning 2 values in unix

i have an oracle function which returns two values, one is the error message if the function encounters anything and another one which returns a number i need to capture both and pass it on to unix shell script how to do it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select multiple values from an Oracle database and assign it to two dimensional array

hi I have two tables in oracle DB and am using a joining query which will result in the output as follows. i need to assign it to a two dimensional array and use it for my further calculations. the way i tried is as follows. #!/bin/ksh export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display fields and values in sql+ for Oracle DB

Hello, I'm trying to do a select for an Oracle table but the output gives me only filelds values without fields name as in Informix. Is there anyway to display both in output ? For instance, the output will be : Name Rico Age 30 Position Engineer Thx, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rany1
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieving values from the oracle table

Hi, How to retrieve two different date values(min & max) from the oracle table and assign to two different variables in the shell script to process further. With Regards (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing values from Oracle procedure

Hi all, My oracle procedure returns more than one value. i need to get one value at a time upto ending value ina shell script. Please help me..... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmreddy
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Oracle home from Oratab and compare values

Friends, I'm trying to do below in ksh script, while requesting user to provide src_db and dest_db values 1. Extract src_db and dest_db Oracle home from oratab file 2. Don't find db if it starts with comment (#) 3. Compare both values 4. Message success or exit with error if they don't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: homer4all
0 Replies
PWD(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    PWD(1)

NAME
pwd -- return working directory name SYNOPSIS
pwd [-LP] DESCRIPTION
pwd writes the absolute pathname of the current working directory to the standard output. The following options are available: -L If the PWD environment variable is an absolute pathname that contains neither "/./" nor "/../" and references the current directory, then PWD is assumed to be the name of the current directory. -P Print the physical path to the current working directory, with symbolic links in the path resolved. The default for the pwd command is -P. pwd is usually provided as a shell builtin (which may have a different default). EXIT STATUS
The pwd utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
cd(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), getcwd(3) STANDARDS
The pwd utility is expected to be conforming to IEEE Std 1003.1 (``POSIX.1''), except that the default is -P not -L. BUGS
In csh(1) the command dirs is always faster (although it can give a different answer in the rare case that the current directory or a con- taining directory was moved after the shell descended into it). pwd -L relies on the file system having unique inode numbers. If this is not true (e.g., on FAT file systems) then pwd -L may fail to detect that PWD is incorrect. BSD
October 30, 2003 BSD