Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script Assist
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script Assist Post 302179551 by era on Friday 28th of March 2008 02:58:33 AM
Old 03-28-2008
Code:
ls *.pdf |
sed -n 's/^\(0*\(\[1-9][0-9]*\)\.pdf\)/\1 user\2/p' |
while read file user; do
  : use your imagination here
done

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

could some assist please

i was searching on the net have found a couple of sample programs and was wondering if some could tell me what they do cheers. main() { printf("Executing ls\n"); execl("/bin/ls","ls","-l", (char *)0); perror("execl failed to run ls"); exit(1); } main() { int i; i =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruffenator
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

Assist me in doing certification please

Hi Everybody, Iam new to the unix world but interested a lot to know about unix. i want to do a certification course in unix so can anybody please suggest me what course can i do for unix adminstration and what books do i have to refer to. Thanks in Advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajazshariff
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing a ksh script > Please assist!

I am trying to edit a script that contains the following: /DBA/general/sh/rman_backup.ksh -d PROD2 -l 1 I am trying to add a logic in the script such that if /DBA/general/sh/rman_backup.ksh does not exists, then the script would return an error code of 1. Otherwise, the script continues... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ora_umair
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please Assist

I try taip this script below...but i have got error.The error message is Input read error..Anybody can see whether my script have problem.Below this is my script: #!/bin/sh filename=test.txt vi $filename <<EndOfCommands i This file was created automatically from a shell script ^ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mastercar
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need of a Parsing Script Assist...

Im trying to find a script that will pull ip addresses along with the date and time sort it by ip addresses and output it to a file... As a newbie to scripting im kinda stumped here...and suggestions? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jspinal
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

In need of assist....

How would i take the output of a file dump it into another file while at the same time sorting it? this is my script..simple i know!? echo "Enter the file log you wish to use. : " read file awk '{print $1,$2,$4,$5}' $file >> list Im trying to dump it into that list file and sort it at... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jspinal
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

assist me in UNIX scripting

hi ... i want to monitor the httpd service whether its online or offline.. if httpd service goes offline/stopped then i need to get alert to my mail. how to do construct this script.. myself using RHEL4 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriniv666
1 Replies
pstopdf(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						pstopdf(1)

NAME
pstopdf -- convert PostScript input into a PDF document. SYNOPSIS
pstopdf [inputfile] [-o outname] [-l] [-p] [-i] DESCRIPTION
pstopdf is a tool to convert PostScript input data into a PDF document. The input data may come from a file or may be read from stdin. The PDF document is always written to a file. The name of the output PDF file is derived from the name of the input file or may be explicitly named using the -o option. Flags: -o outname The name of the output file to create. If an explicit file name is not supplied, the output file will be created in the current directory and named foo.pdf for an input file named foo.ps -i Reads from stdin rather than a named input file. If the output file is not explicitly named and the input data comes from stdin the named output file will be stdin.pdf -l Specifies that any messages generated during file conversion be written to a log file. For an output file named foo.pdf the generated log file is foo.pdf.log rather than generated to stdout. If there are no messages, the log file is not generated. -p Generates a simple progress message to stdout at the end of each page. Because conversion of complex or lengthy PostScript input can take time, it is sometimes useful to see that progress is being made. Progress messages are always written to stdout even when the -l (log file) option is specified. EXAMPLES
pstopdf inputfile.ps Creates a PDF file named inputfile.pdf from the PostScript data in the input file inputfile.ps pstopdf -i -o outputfilename Creates a PDF file named outputfilename from the PostScript data read from stdin. Apple Computer, Inc. June 2, 2019 Apple Computer, Inc.