Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SunOS 5.4
Operating Systems Solaris SunOS 5.4 Post 302179547 by sparcguy on Friday 28th of March 2008 02:45:31 AM
Old 03-28-2008
U might try to search with bitorrent.

But I wonder if there are any copyright legal issues if we were to use unix.com to share and download old softwares.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SunOS 5.8

I am loging into a SunOS 5.8 box for the first time. I do not see a .profile file in the home directory. Also on the command line when I type a backspace to correct my typing I get a ^H character. Where and how can I fix this? Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migration of binary file from Sunos 5.8 to Sunos 5.9

I have compiled binary file using "cc" on SunOS 5.8 and the same binary file i have copied to SunOS 5.9 and it is giving me core dump error.I want to know whether migration of compiled code from lower version to higer version created this problem. how can i solve this problem.I am pasting the core... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arvind Maurya
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SunOS 4.1.4 add_services

Hi, I know this OS is ancient but we are running it, I am trying to use the add_services under /usr/etc/install and it reads table of contents ok, but after it asks if im done with the form it goes back to the prompt and says add_services:cannot read arch_list file I've tried putting this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redwjamz
2 Replies

4. Solaris

SunOS 5.6 vs 5.8 HardDisk

Hi all, I am not sure I am in the correct forum or not, but I would appreciate if somebody from here can help me out. My processing equipment currently is using Unltra5 SunOs 5.6 with 8.6 GB hard disk, newer UltraSPARC SunOS 5.8 is with higher hard disk capacity. I am wondering how much hard... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uvex
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris vs SunOS

Hi Guys, Could you please clarify me doubts. SunOS and Solaris are they same. ? What is difference between forte and studio ? Thanks, Nagaraj G (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ennstate
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Looking for help with SunOS 5.6

Hey all, I've got my hands on 10 SunOS 5.6 SPARCStation 20 machines and I'm looking to get them up and running. They're all in various states of disrepair but I've got them all to a state where the hardware is working and the machine will at least attempt to boot. I've only used Solaris as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kevpatts
1 Replies

7. Solaris

New to SunOS...

...and I'm having an issue with memory usage. I got an alert from our sun management console that the box is at 90% memory usage. I need to know what's eating up the memory as this particular box has 16GB of RAM. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
3 Replies

8. Solaris

SunOS 5.8 vs 5.10

Hi, I am bulding a path to open files like this \path\values\file.xxx This path is opened in an IE browser window and opens the file/document I am trying to see. I mean it opens a pdf document or it promps you to "save" or "open" the specific file (if it's a .xml, .doc, .html). I was using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcibl_javok
1 Replies

9. Solaris

SunOS 5.6

Hi, I called Sun and they said they no longer sell SunOS 5.6. I desperately need a CD-ROM of the install CD to perform maintenance work on a server. Does anyone know where to get one or know someone who can make me a copy? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

10. Solaris

C-Kermit and SunOS 5.10

Has anyone managed to install C-Kermit successfully on SunOS 5.10? SunOS 5.10 Generic_141444-09 sun4v sparc SUNW,T5240 I installed with "make solaris9g64", the only make that worked. If I'm not mistaken, isn't there a test to see if ssl is available? Something like C-Kermit>define... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MichaelInDC
0 Replies
SMBC(1) 							  Samba Commander							   SMBC(1)

NAME
smbc - Text mode SMB network commander. DESCRIPTION
Samba Commander is a text mode SMB network commander. With SMBC, you can browse your local network or use the search function to find files in a share. You can also download/upload files and directories or create them both locally and remotely. SMBC features the resume capabil- ity and UTF-8 encoding support. OPTIONS
-V --version Displays the version of Smbc. -h --help Prints a help message describing all Smbc's command-line options. -f --flush Flushes all download lists. All files from ~/.smbc/ with dulist* name will be removed. In next run of Smbc the download/upload list will be empty. -l --list Shows all download lists from ~/.smbc/. -s INT --show=INT Displays all items from list with INT number. You can get all numbers from the list executing smbc -l command. -p --sleep Sleeps Smbc. Smbc doesn't download/upload any files when executing even if some file is waiting in queue. -m STRING --message=STRING Receives message from samba. If you want that Smbc receives WinPopup message you must add the line below to smb.conf message command = /path_to/smbc -m 'message from %f on %m' -i %s; rm %s Now if you have running Smbc and someone sends you a WinPopup message Smbc immediately displays it. If you don't run a Smbc all WinPopup messages wait for executing a Smbc. -i STRING --file=STRING Sets file with samba message, usage only with -m. MENUS AND KEYS
At top of the main menu is mini status bar. There is displayed small help with functions. When Smbc downloads/uploads any file in mini sta- tus bar is displayed progress of downloading/uploading. main menu - keys (arrow-up) (p) - move one item up (arrow-down) (o) - move one item down (tab) (i) - change selected column (t) - group/ungroup catalog or files (end) (u) - go to the end off list (home) (y) - go to the start off list (F5) (d) - download/upload selected files and directories (w) - reverse sorting (enter) (x) - execute a workgroup, host, share or directory (insert) (a) - select or unselect one item (page up) (l) - move one screen up (page down) (k) - move one screen down (F8) (ctrl+d) - delete selected files and directories (F7) (c) - create directory (F3) (v) - view text file, execute workgroup, host, share or directory (g) - go to workgroup, host, share in remote host (e) - change type of sorting (s) - edit download/upload list (m) - send a WinPopup message (b) - bookmark (bb) - add item to bookmark (q) - exit from Smbc download/upload list menu - keys (q) - exit from this menu (del) (d) - set selected item to delete (u) - set selected item to undelete (m) - mark/unmark selected item (space) - pause/resume selected item download (ctrl+d) - delete all dirs and subdirs for selected item (ctrl+f) - flush all items (arrow-right) (.) - add 1 second to delay time (arrow-left) (,) - take off 1 second from delay time (shift+arrow-right) (>) - add 60 seconds to delay time (shift+arrow-left) (<) - take off 60 seconds from delay time (;) - add 1 second to delay time for all items (') - take off 1 second from delay time for all items (:) - add 60 seconds to delay time for all items (") - take off 60 seconds from delay time for all items (|) - copy current item delay time to all items (n) - set try download now to select item (N) - set try download now to all items bookmark list menu - keys (q) - exit from this menu (b) - add item to bookmark and exit (del) (d) - set selected item to delete (u) - set selected item to undelete (m) - mark/unmark item (enter) (x) - go to selected item message when connection broken - keys (arrow-up) (.) - add 1 second to delay time (arrow-down) (,) - take off 1 second from delay time (shift+arrow-up) (>) - add 60 seconds to delay time (shift+arrow-down) (<) - take off 60 seconds from delay time find file menu - keys > input items < (enter) (tab) - go to the next item (ctrl+p) - enable/disable interactive filtering (ctrl+k) - exit from find file menu > select items < (tab) - go to the next item (enter) - go to selected file (q) - quit AVAILABILITY
The latest version of this program can be found at http://smbc.airm.net. SEE ALSO
README BUGS
You are welcome to send bug reports about Smbc to <smbc@airm.net>. SEE ALSO
smbc(1) AUTHOR
Originally written by Rafal Michniewicz <rafim@data.pl>. SMBC Version 1.1.2 February 2005 SMBC(1)