Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: S-237: unzip Vulnerability
Special Forums Cybersecurity Security Advisories (RSS) S-237: unzip Vulnerability Post 302179432 by Linux Bot on Thursday 27th of March 2008 04:40:05 PM
Old 03-27-2008
S-237: unzip Vulnerability

Unzip, when processing specially crafted ZIP aarchives, could pass invalid pointers to the C library's free routing, potentially leading to arbitrary code execution. The risk is MEDIUM. Could pass invalid pointers to the C library's free routine, potentially leading to arbitrary code execution.

More...

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to Unzip a .ZIP file in Unix without using unzip cmd..?????

Hi All I have ftped a .ZIP file (zipped using WinZip in Windows) to my Unix server (HP-UX). I don't have unzip cmd available in my curent Unix version Please let me know any cmd in UNIX (other than unzip) using which I can unzip this .ZIP file . Please elaborate on the commands aval and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unzip!!!!!!

Hi, How to find the size of a zipfile after unzipping without unziping it? Pls let me know if anyone has idea abtit. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rags_s11
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a .ZIP file in Unix without using unzip cmd..?????

Hi All I have ftped a .ZIP file (zipped using WinZip in Windows) to my Unix server (HP-UX). I don't have unzip cmd available in my curent Unix version Please let me know any cmd in UNIX (other than unzip) using which I can unzip this .ZIP file . Please elaborate on the commands aval and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a file using unzip utility for files zipped without zip utility ?

Hi, I need to zip/compress a data file and send to a vendor. The vendor does have only unzip utility and can accept only .ZIP files. I do not have zip utility in my server. How do I zip/compress the file so that it can be deflated using unzip command ? I tried gzip & compress commands, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unzip Help

Hello All, I am trying to write a shell script(linux) where it just unzips the abc.zip file in the same folder. If I write unzip abc.zip in my shell script and try to run the shell script I am getting Error : ?Invalid command But when I run the command unzip abc.zip at the command prompt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: su2
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzip the .zip file without using unzip utility in UNIX

I have .zip file, i want to list all the files archived in the zip file. unzip utility is not working for me in unix. Please help me resolve this issue Thanks ganesh. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh L
3 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)