Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Scripting comments
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Scripting comments Post 302179321 by gliesian on Thursday 27th of March 2008 11:34:57 AM
Old 03-27-2008
Question Scripting comments

Anyone have a good link for documentation conventions for scripts?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove comments...

It may be a no-brainer, but the answer is escaping me right now: I'm trying to write a little script to remove all comments from .c source... I was thinking sed, but I'm not a very strong regexp user (e.g. I suck with sed). I tried dumping the file into: sed -e 's/\/\* * \*\///g' and several... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comments unexpectedly print

Hi All, I am working on a sh script. Half way through the script, my comments start to print to screen as if I used echo. Obviously any comments are preceded with a #. And I have not used set -x or anything similar. Can anyone free me of this simple but annoying problem? Thanks John (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: John H
5 Replies

3. Programming

lint comments

Hi can anyone help me regarding the meaning of the following lint messages. what is the use of having such lint comments in the c program. /*lint -esym(534,cputs,fgets,cprintf) */ /*lint -efile(766,pragmas.h) */ Thanks a lot in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete comments

Delete everything comes in between /* & */. Current File: ==================== create or replace procedure test421 is begin /* ---sasasas/*dsdsds */ dbms_output.put_line('SAURABH'); END; To be File: =================== create or replace procedure test421 is begin... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: susau_79
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete Comments in file

How can I delete comments (lines beginning with /* and ending with */) in file? with single command line..My suggestion is to use grep and sed! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aadi_uni
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed script, changing all C-comments to C++-comments

I must write a script to change all C++ like comments: // this is a comment to this one /* this is a comment */ How to do it by sed? With file: #include <cstdio> using namespace std; //one // two int main() { printf("Example"); // three }//four the result should be: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_hawk
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

print only comments

I want to write a shell script which it takes as argument a java file or a c++ file (.java or .cpp). It will check if the file is type of java or c++, else it ends with error message. If all are ok, it will call awk that prints only the comments that the java or c++ file contains, grouping and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark_orig
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete Comments

Hello i am back :D, i have a prolem. I want to Delete the IPs which are in Comments. Input 192.168.0.1 192.168.0.2 #192.168.0.3 #192.168.0.4 - when TAB or Space, delete too. /*192.168.0.5 192.168.0.6 192.168.0.7*\ Output 192.168.0.1 192.168.0.2 My solution is sed -e... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eightball
7 Replies
PPI::Token::Comment(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  PPI::Token::Comment(3pm)

NAME
PPI::Token::Comment - A comment in Perl source code INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::Comment isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element SYNOPSIS
# This is a PPI::Token::Comment print "Hello World!"; # So it this $string =~ s/ foo # This, unfortunately, is not :( bar /w; DESCRIPTION
In PPI, comments are represented by "PPI::Token::Comment" objects. These come in two flavours, line comment and inline comments. A "line comment" is a comment that stands on its own line. These comments hold their own newline and whitespace (both leading and trailing) as part of the one "PPI::Token::Comment" object. An inline comment is a comment that appears after some code, and continues to the end of the line. This does not include whitespace, and the terminating newlines is considered a separate PPI::Token::Whitespace token. This is largely a convenience, simplifying a lot of normal code relating to the common things people do with comments. Most commonly, it means when you "prune" or "delete" a comment, a line comment disappears taking the entire line with it, and an inline comment is removed from the inside of the line, allowing the newline to drop back onto the end of the code, as you would expect. It also means you can move comments around in blocks much more easily. For now, this is a suitably handy way to do things. However, I do reserve the right to change my mind on this one if it gets dangerously anachronistic somewhere down the line. METHODS
Only very limited methods are available, beyond those provided by our parent PPI::Token and PPI::Element classes. line The "line" accessor returns true if the "PPI::Token::Comment" is a line comment, or false if it is an inline comment. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.10.1 2011-02-26 PPI::Token::Comment(3pm)