Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: viewing ftp client logs
Operating Systems Linux viewing ftp client logs Post 302179189 by sysgate on Thursday 27th of March 2008 07:42:31 AM
Old 03-27-2008
I think lftp has such client log files, but cannot be 100% sure, I don't have it handy to check. What I have is "ncftp" :
cd $HOME/.ncftp
Listing the files will reveal "history" file and "trace" file :
history holds all the commands executed, and trace looks like this :

Quote:
SESSION STARTED at: 2008-03-11 11:14:20 EET +0200
Program Version: NcFTP 3.2.1/349 Jul 29 2007, 09:55 AM
Library Version: LibNcFTP 3.2.1 (August 13, 2007)
Process ID: 5687
Platform: linux-x86-glibc2.6
Hostname: myhost.mycompany.net (rc=2)
Terminal: xterm
11:14:20 Fw: Type: 0 User: Pass: (none) Port: 0
11:14:20 FwExceptions: .mycompany.net,localdomain
11:14:22 > help

11:14:23 >

SESSION ENDED at: Tue Mar 11 11:14:28 2008
That's all I can think of, HTH.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH logs off and Client pptp goes off as well

Hi , I am a newbie to unix,linux i have a fedora core 4 linux. I had set it up as a pptp vpn client to a windows pptp server. Everything was working fine. Recently i saw that there were many attempts to hack into the root login using ssh. so i changed the ssh port,the ssh portocol to 2. And... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: qais
0 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Secure FTP Client that Logs well

Folks I am on a quest.... I am looking for a lightweight FTP client capable of FTPS and or SFTP that has good audit and logging capabilities without requiring a central server component. My platforms are Linux, Solaris, AIX, and Windows Server. The kicker is I have found things that meet the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArtF
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Logs in Unix

Hi. Is there a way or command (other than netstat) in Unix to find out or get a list a users who FTP into a particular server? Like, say last 1000 users. I need to get the user ID (any info), who FTP to a particular server. netstat gives only the users who have an FTp session currently. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manisendhil
2 Replies

4. Linux

FTP Logs in Linux/Unix

Hi, I need to get a hostory of users who FTP into a server. How can I do it in Linux/Unix? Is there a command for this? I do not want to use netstat -a as it gives only the list of users who have a session currently on the server. Can this be done with the "last" command? Please do let me... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP Logs in Unix

Hi. Is there a way or command (other than netstat) in Unix to find out or get a list a users who FTP into a particular server? Like, say last 1000 users. I need to get the user ID (any info), who FTP to a particular server. netstat gives only the users who have an FTp session currently. ... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Viewing Solaris File System From Windows Client Using Lanman

Hi I currently have a Windows mapped network drive on a PC which is connected to the network. Also on the network is a Solaris box running Solaris 8 which I can view (root file system) from the Windows PC. The mapped network syntax is sharename\\server name. When I select this mapped drive on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing FTP logs

Hi Guys, I am trying to capture the FTP Logs in a log file. I am using the below code. ftp -d -n -v $Remote_Host << EOD > $Ftp_LOG; Since iam running the script in debug mode, i am able to see that the ftp is done and the file has been transferred. But the log file does not have... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
7 Replies

8. Linux

telnet client and logs

Hello everyone. I have a script that telnets into a linux workstation and restarts a service, while logging the session to a file. I'm kind of new to linux so when I was using windows I would capture something like windows cli: telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -f c:/capture.log ... # /sbin/service... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elyas_cr
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for viewing multiple logs from multiple server

I am new to Shell scripting and below is my requirement. I need to search some specific word e.g. "exception" or "transaction" from log file. We have multiple env e.g. Level1 , Level2 etc and each env have Multiple boxes e.g. For Level 1 env we have "test11.test.com" , "test12.test.com". Each... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: peeyush
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to see the status of all the ftp put & get files logs and curent ftp transfer status ?

How to see the status of all the ftp put & get files logs and curent ftp transfer status if any active ftp running in the background ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i4ismail
2 Replies
CTRLALTDEL(8)						       System Administration						     CTRLALTDEL(8)

NAME
ctrlaltdel - set the function of the Ctrl-Alt-Del combination SYNOPSIS
ctrlaltdel hard|soft DESCRIPTION
Based on examination of the linux/kernel/sys.c code, it is clear that there are two supported functions that the Ctrl-Alt-Del sequence can perform: a hard reset, which immediately reboots the computer without calling sync(2) and without any other preparation; and a soft reset, which sends the SIGINT (interrupt) signal to the init process (this is always the process with PID 1). If this option is used, the init(8) program must support this feature. Since there are now several init(8) programs in the Linux community, please consult the documentation for the version that you are currently using. ctrlaltdel is usually used in the /etc/rc.local file. FILES
/etc/rc.local SEE ALSO
simpleinit(8), init(8) AUTHOR
Peter Orbaek (poe@daimi.aau.dk) AVAILABILITY
The ctrlaltdel command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux October 1993 CTRLALTDEL(8)