Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users how can i copy data in LINUX Machine to windows XP Post 302179166 by bsandeep_80 on Thursday 27th of March 2008 06:25:56 AM
Old 03-27-2008
I am using Wsftp now...and its helpful as i am on the same network. Probably it was dumb question but i am sorry.

Thanks,
Sandeep

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

copy data from Windows to Unix any help?

I have a log file that I would like to copy from my windows pc to my unix pc for further processuon. Is there any command that can help me perform this task?. I already have a cron to fire up the process, but nothing seems to be coming up. I am trying to use ftp but nothing is coming forth.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: odogbolu98
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

view remote linux desktop on my windows machine

Hi, is there anyway i can view a remote linux desktop on my windows desktop? i am aware that X11 can see 'certain screens'. For eg if i type 'xclock &' and i have a client running on my windows, i can see the clock. If i am interested to see the entire desktop of my linux, how can i do it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy file from Remote Unix box to windows machine

Hi I need to copy a file from the remote unix server to windows machine. I read lot of thrad but didn't worked out. Requesting all to please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameerspice
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH into a linux machine from a windows machine

I basically want to login into different linux machines( on the same network) from a windows machine. I know i can use ssh <machine name>. But i want to automate this process. I dont want to enter the username and password. Is there any way to do it. Can i make some sort of a batch script for it. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy directory from Linux to Windows

Hola a todos, soy realmente nuevo programando en bash, y aśn estoy encontrando bastantes baches :o, mi pregunta es simple, supongo, alguien podria decirme si existe una manera facil de copiar un directorio de un server a otro?, sucede que en un server(server1) tengo los backup de las bases de... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeestrada
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP

I need a shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP. The files keeps changing day-to-day. I have to copy the latest file to the windows machine frm the linux machine. for example :In Linux, On July 20, the file name will be 20.txt and it should be copied to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin6034
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File transfer from Windows machine to Linux server

Hi guys, I need to send a txt file from a windows machine to Linux server. Any help is appreciated.... Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowrishankar05
3 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Steps to connect linux (Ubuntu) machine from windows 7

Hi, Can anyone give me the steps to connect ubuntu from windows7? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diehard
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from Linux server local windows machine using a shell script

Hello, I need to create a shell script which will copy files - which are created on particular date and starting with particular name - to local windows XP machine. Is this possible.? Currently it is being done manually using winscp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

Cant ping Linux machine from Windows

Hi I have established LAN with the help of D-Link router. I am having 2 desktops ethernet connection managed by this D-Link router. One PC is with Windows 7 OS Second PC is with Redhat Linux 6.1 Both the PCs now stands connected to internet via this D-Link router. I could ping windows PC... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
12 Replies
smiquery(1)							     SMI Tools							       smiquery(1)

NAME
smiquery - query single information from SMI MIB modules SYNOPSIS
smiquery [ -Vh ] [ -p module ] command name DESCRIPTION
The smiquery program is used to query information on a single item from an MIB module, e.g. module meta information or a single type defi- nition. OPTIONS
-V, --version Show the smiquery version and exit. -h, --help Show a help text and exit. The help text lists all available commands. -p module, --preload module Preload the module module before reading the main module. This may be helpful if an incomplete main module misses to import some definitions. command name This specifies the kind of information to retrieve (module, imports, revisions, node, parent, compliance, index, members, children, type, or macro) and the item to retrieve. The module in question is searched along a path, which is initialized by the SMIPATH environment variable or by /usr/share/mibs if SMIPATH is not set. Files with a .sming extension are expected to be (old-style!) SMIng module files. Files with a .my or without any extension are expected to be SMIv1/v2 module files. EXAMPLE
This example queries for information on the node ifNumber defined in the module IF-MIB. $ smiquery node IF-MIB::ifNumber MibNode: IF-MIB::ifNumber OID: 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.1 Type: Integer32 Declaration: OBJECT-TYPE NodeKind: scalar Access: read-only Status: current Description: The number of network interfaces (regardless of their current state) present on this system. SEE ALSO
The libsmi(3) project is documented at http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/projects/libsmi/. AUTHOR
(C) 1999-2004 F. Strauss, TU Braunschweig, Germany <strauss@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de> IBR
August 10, 2004 smiquery(1)